TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby fire extinguisher mount.

OK........ we had X-mas this weekend, my lovely wife got me the Shelby fire extinguisher mount, what I want to know is those who have purchased this unit............where did you mount it?

I did a search.....alls I found was some older info on commercial fire ext. mounts, not the Shelby mount.

• 2 months later...

Before my little motor detonation last weekend before the bash, I was planning on building a braket out of 3/4" square tube about 12" long, with tabs that will bolt to the front two mounting points of the front passenger seat. Without a roll bar, this is the best place that I could find that will not require new holes to be drilled any where. I'm planning on putting the seat to the most forward position that will ever be used and then design from there the length of the tabs so that the extinguisher will not interfere with seat movement. Since I didn't have time to get this done, on my rental Mustang, I took the Shelby bracket and screw clamped it to the seat adjustment lever on the front of the passenger seat. That worked out great for this temporary purpose and passed tech fine. Now this would never pass tech at a sanctioned event, but it worked for this purpose. Now that I'm putting a new motor in my car, I will probably not be fabricating my mount for a couple months, but I do need it before an event in mid June.

I found another option: http://speedtactics....ang_0509feb.php

Cost is $57.99 for the Brushed Aluminum /Silver Bracket and $59.99 for the all black version.

If you use a 1.5 lb extinguisher, it will clear the the seat handle and you can adjust the seat as usual. If you use a larger one for example 2.5 lb, it limits the seat moving forward.

post-32744-0-50856300-1332743052_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-65124900-1332743062_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-50856300-1332743052_thumb.jpg

post-32744-0-65124900-1332743062_thumb.jpg

Archived