TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help requested - Motivate me and VOTE - SGT to SGT/SC.

stewarbc

SGT to GT/SC Conversion and Motivation Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Upgrade 07SGT to GT/SC?

• Yes - Emphatically - DO IT!!
    • No - Be a scrooge and don't live life to its fullest.
    • No - Save money for a 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow
    • No - Save money with an eye towards "Super Snaking" Perf White GT500
    • No - Find a FOR SALE low mileage GT/SC in Grabber Orange

Okay gang. Thanks to the likes of Jer and a few others who have executed the Shelby GT to GT/SC conversion, I'm now looking seriously at this for my Black 8100 mile 07SGT1163 ---- to the point of having dialog with Shelby American. Now I need your help to push me over the edge or guide me elsewhere. With Jer's help alone, I've made it this far! I know how he will vote! So, give me some votes and nudges. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It is important to realize that putting a supercharger on the car is a lot different than having Shelby do the SC upgrade. Down the road the value difference will be huge. I would not do it unless you are going to do it right. Send it to Shelby - as Wilford Brimley would say - "It's the right thing to do". :)

And yes DO IT MON!

I absolutely love my Shelby GT/SC and can not see myself getting rid of it.

With that said, I would have a difficult time making that decision were I in that boat today. I absolutely love the new Boss 302, but that is more $$$$$.

I will tell you this, you will not regret it if you do, the car is an absolute beast.

Ok...not to be a contrarian but I'm thinking 90% of the time I'm driving my car speed is an illusion. In other words I don't get to exhibit that "boost of speed" and frankly 90% of the time I've tried to do that it's been while tempted in a less than safe situation.

So...now follow me on this...

I'm thinking what I really want is a little HP improvement to set the car apart from the others but more so I want that sound of the 60's. That low rumble of the engine. Personally the wine of a SC does NOTHING for me. I want to drive into a Saturday cruise night and have all eyes, and ears, turned to my car.

So...given my desire is less about speed and more about the everyday characeteristics of the car I'm thinking I will keep it NA and add the following:

This:

http://www.fordracin.../m-fr5-s197.htm

Or This:

http://www.fordracin.../m-fr4-s197.htm

Headers:

http://www.fordracin...DS197C&CartID=4

KR Muffler with 85 MM CAI:

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/FORD_RACING_MUSTANG_GT_POWER_UPGRADE_PACKAGE_p/m-fr1-mgt1.htm

I think with the better internals in the end I'll have a MUCH better engine longevity wise, and if I truly need to "punch it" I can always slip a little bottle of go-go juice someplace.

So with new plugs, injectors, etc., looking at $6K plus install.

Thoughts....or should I just STFU and get a SC?

Jeff, I'm with you on the sound, the look, and all that jazz. However, and it's a BIG HOWEVER, it's NOT A SHELBY GT/SC. Period, paragraph, amen. You can also GT/SC AND get what you want too. Might cost more but you will be happy and it will make even more heads turn. You'll have the looks, the sound, and all that jazz, PLUS, all that power at your feet if you need it.

If you can afford it, go right ahead and give your money to SAI. Me? I did it myself with an E-Force, spent a lot less money, got all of the performance, learned a lot, and quite frankly, I think most of us will be dead and gone before these cars give a return on our investment! Mod it, drive it, and above all, enjoy it!

Sam

My opinion would be to do it so long as Shelby does the work. Shelby added options are a "value added" modification, just the way they were in the 1960's. I know the work may be done cheaper from a local guy, but let's face it, the Shelby name has value. Every mod I have done to my car came from Shelby (oops except the Steeda carbon fiber air inlet) and in the long run your investment will come back to you as a "Shelby mod" with the appropriate Shelby documentation. Have Shelby do the work, save the invoices, boxes, original parts etc, so when and if you sell the car you can repeatedly say "Shelby". good luck, regards, Larry

My opinion would be to do it so long as Shelby does the work. Shelby added options are a "value added" modification, just the way they were in the 1960's. I know the work may be done cheaper from a local guy, but let's face it, the Shelby name has value. Every mod I have done to my car came from Shelby (oops except the Steeda carbon fiber air inlet) and in the long run your investment will come back to you as a "Shelby mod" with the appropriate Shelby documentation. Have Shelby do the work, save the invoices, boxes, original parts etc, so when and if you sell the car you can repeatedly say "Shelby". good luck, regards, Larry

Saved me a lot of typing!

"Yeah! WHAT HE SAID!" LOL...

And, Jeff, I love a stout NA car, you've made some great points. But NOTHING is like the SC low-end torque. I VERY rarely break the speed limit, but I get UP to it with a great force shoving me back in the seat! I LIKE the whine, but that's not my favorite part of it. I'll confess, I also LOVE the ST/SC stripe, the trunk gas cap emblem, and - oh yeah - the polished Whipple smiling at me every time I open the hood. Which I do WAY more often lately, just to say hello and pat the blower on its head: "Good boy!"

Jer

Archived