TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions for Carroll Shelby and Amy Boylan

Chris (Crispy23c) and me are in N.Y. We'll be photographing and taping the 2008 GT500KR's intro. We will also be interviewing Carroll Shelby and Amy Boylan.

If you have any questions that we might be able ask either one or both of them, fire away.

Chris (Crispy23c) and me are in N.Y. We'll be photographing and taping the 2008 GT500KR's intro. We will also be interviewing Carroll Shelby and Amy Boylan.

If you have any questions that we might be able ask either one or both of them, fire away.

1) What are the changes for the 2008 GT500?

2) What are the new colors for the 2008 GT500?

3) What are the details of the GT500KR Suspension? Will this suspension work on a 2008 GT500 Vert?

4) Will the CAI and Tune on the KR be available for purchase for use on my 2008 GT500?

Thanks!

1) What are the changes for the 2008 GT500?

2) What are the new colors for the 2008 GT500?

3) What are the details of the GT500KR Suspension? Will this suspension work on a 2008 GT500 Vert?

4) Will the CAI and Tune on the KR be available for purchase for use on my 2008 GT500?

Thanks!

What he said. In particular I would like to know if the car will be offered in Vapor with Blue similar to the early photos we have seen. Will that be a GT500 color or only avail on the KR?

Also are the parts going to be available individually?

I'd like to know what differences there are with the 5.4 in the KR vs. the GT500 if any (other than software and a CAI, which are already noted in the press release). In other words, is the hardware all the same except the CAI? Also, you might ask which colors the KR will be available in...will it be any color offered on GT500s...or only a couple colors like the Shelby GT?

Thanks Robert!

Dave

Thanks!

The key additional question on this is whether the engine would still be warranted by Ford if this item were retrofit to a GT500. Unfortunately that's likely more of a Ford question than a SAI question...but hey...you can ask anyway.

Will the GT500KR be a factory production vehicle or will it be completed as an upgrade package like the Shelby GT and be completed in Vegas?

Ford is suppose to follow with the new Bullitt right after the GT500KR so I'm curious if they have the Bullitt at the auto show and if so could you get some pics??

As for Carroll and Amy......WHEN can we order that hood on the GT500KR and what kind of pricing for it? And will they offer all the stripe colors to match the GT500 for the hood?

And of course....MSRP on the GT500KR?

And if they can tell us how Ford will determine WHAT dealers will get this car since they are only building 1,000 and there are at least 3,680 dealers in the US.

Will it be on a lottery? Presidential award winners? Full Line SVT dealers? ????

Questions to ask Carroll Shelby from Rodney

1. When you think of all the car & stripe color combinations that have been used over the years for Shelby’s, what color combo is your favorite & why?

2. When you took your AC Super Snake Cobra car to Barrett Jackson & sold it, how much were you hoping it would bring & what was going thru your mind when it sold for 5 million dollars?

3. What made you seek out Amy Boylan to come & run SAI?

4. Has their ever been a car you wish you were allowed to build & couldn’t because the manufactures didn’t allow it?

5. How would you like to be remembered 20 years from now?

6. Do you think we will ever see a new modern day 2-Seater Cobra that will stomp the ever living crap out of a modern day Corvette?

7. How many autographs do you sign in a day/week/month?

8. How much money has been raised over the years for the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation & how many children have we been able to help over the years?

9. What do you think of Ron Pratt buying all of your first production cars when they go up for auction?

10. When someone mentions the word “Ford” what comes to mind?

11. (here’s a joke to ask) Do you think we will ever see a High Performance Hybrid Shelby?

12. Do you think we will ever see a Shelby that runs on E85?

13. Do you think we will ever see a V-10 in a Shelby?

14. What kind of vehicle do you drive when you’re at home or going out to dinner with your lovely wife?

15. What are your favorite car movies?

16. What do you think about Chevy coming out with a 600+ HP Supercharged ZO6 Corvette? Do you think it’s because you upped the ante with the 2007 GT500?

17. Will there be a 2009 Shelby? GT500, GT500KR, Shelby GT, or a GT350?

18. Would you be interested in coming to our Dearborn Shelby Gathering this summer in Detroit?

Questions to ask Amy Boylan from Rodney

1. What is your vision for turning SAI around over the next 5 years?

2. Does SAI have a mission statement & if so what is it?

3. What has been your biggest thrill working at SAI so far?

4. What kind of challenges did you have to over come when Carroll hired you & then took over?

5. Where do you get some of your best ideas from? Employees? Car shows? Magazines? Forum Boards?

6. What is your educational background & what areas of study would you recommend to our readers that are looking at getting into the automotive sector?

7. What can you tell our readers that haven’t already been told in other interviews?

8. What is your most favorite car & why?

9. What do you think about all the crazy Stangs Unleashed Members that keep asking questions about this & that on the website?

10. What are your favorite car movies?

11. Have you seen the mini movie on the SU forum board of how you & Carroll met? if so what's your thoughts?

12. What do you think about Chevy coming out with a 600+ HP Supercharged ZO6 Corvette? Do you think it’s because you upped the ante with the 2007 GT500?

13. Would you be interested in coming to our Dearborn Shelby Gathering this summer in Detroit?

I'll think of more later so check back

Questions to ask Carroll Shelby from Rodney

1. When you think of all the car & stripe color combinations that have been used over the years for Shelby’s, what color combo is your favorite & why?

2. When you took your AC Super Snake Cobra car to Barrett Jackson & sold it, how much were you hoping it would bring & what was going thru your mind when it sold for 5 million dollars?

3. What made you seek out Amy Boylan to come & run SAI?

4. Has their ever been a car you wish you were allowed to build & couldn’t because the manufactures didn’t allow it?

5. How would you like to be remembered 20 years from now?

6. Do you think we will ever see a new modern day 2-Seater Cobra that will stomp the ever living crap out of a modern day Corvette?

7. How many autographs do you sign in a day/week/month?

8. How much money has been raised over the years for the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation & how many children have we been able to help over the years?

9. What do you think of Ron Pratt buying all of your first production cars when they go up for auction?

10. When someone mentions the word “Ford” what comes to mind?

11. (here’s a joke to ask) Do you think we will ever see a High Performance Hybrid Shelby?

12. Do you think we will ever see a Shelby that runs on E85?

13. Do you think we will ever see a V-10 in a Shelby?

14. What kind of vehicle do you drive when you’re at home or going out to dinner with your lovely wife?

15. What are your favorite car movies?

Questions to ask Amy Boylan from Rodney

1. What is your vision for turning SAI around over the next 5 years?

2. Does SAI have a mission statement & if so what is it?

3. What has been your biggest thrill working at SAI so far?

4. What kind of challenges did you have to over come when Carroll hired you & then you took over?

5. Where do you get some of your best ideas from? Employees? Car shows? Magazines? Forum Boards?

6. What is your educational background & what areas of study would you recommend to our readers that are looking at getting into the automotive sector?

7. What can you tell our readers that haven’t already been told in other interviews?

8. What is your most favorite car & why?

9. What do you think about all the crazy Stangs Unleashed Members that keep asking questions about this & that on the website?

10. What are your favorite car movies?

11. Have tou seen the mini movie on the SU forum board of how you & Carroll met?

I'll think of more later so check back

Good questions!!!!

Hopefully Robert has a few hours to talk with them so he can have time to ask all these questions. :hysterical:

As for Carroll and Amy......WHEN can we order that hood on the GT500KR and what kind of pricing for it? And will they offer all the stripe colors to match the GT500 for the hood?

And of course....MSRP on the GT500KR?

And if they can tell us how Ford will determine WHAT dealers will get this car since they are only building 1,000 and there are at least 3,680 dealers in the US.

Will it be on a lottery? Presidential award winners? Full Line SVT dealers? ????

+100 :happy feet:

Geesh Rodney....if there was ever anyone who should say "Do I ask too many questions", it should be you. :drop::hysterical:

Hey!

This is like a once in a life time chance to ask Carroll question(s), Amy I can ask most any time since I'm in 1/2 a loop with her & the Faygo guy. I just wanted Robert & the Crispy or the Toasted guy to have enough to pick from since none of you here are asking anything out of the Ordinary or something I haven't already read in another interview. I would love to be doing what they are doing. Wouldn't you?

Is the suspension on the new KR the same as the upgrade GT500 suspension listed on the Shelby website? Same question for the exhaust.

What can you say about the Shelby performance tune on the new KR, and will it be available to the current GT500 owners?

Will we be able to purchase the KR hood??????? Wil the signature headrests be available aswell, and are my set complimentary since I suggested them quite some time ago??? :o

Will there be anything in the works to offer the dedicated Stangsunleashed Shelby fans???

I will be looking forward to the information and video!!!

Have a great time at the show you lucky dogs!!!

KingCobra.

I don't have any questions (aside from those above) but please give him our collective thanks for leading the evolution of everyday "secretary" cars in the 1960's (his original description of the mustang line) into what we are seeing now. He really has injected fun and excitement to the everyday driver for guys without loads of money. Also pass along thanks to him for using his name to benefit such a worthy charitable cause (made it a little easier to write the $200 check for his signature knowing it was going to the children's foundation).

Ron

When are the 1:18 scale diecast models coming out with the convertible models and will they offer all the versions in all the different stripe color combinations?

When will we get to order that leather cobra cover for the center console?

Ford has 20" wheels on the GT500KR but said the production model will have 18" wheels? Why? Will CAI offer the wheels for sale and could we get them in 19" or 20" versions?

Any talks in the works to come out with the GT350?

Now that Carroll & Amy & CAI have things under control and going well for Ford Motor Company as far as the Mustang department goes, what do they think about Shelbydude moving into the Ivory Towers and helping Ford with fixing the rest of their mess that needs fixing? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ColdwaterBathtub Boy, :hysterical:

Pipe down. :rant:

Robert,

Ask if you can get a dollar for Post count discount on the new packages for your members.

Example: 1 post equals 1 dollar off the 40th package...so on, and so on. :hyper:

Well, after Coldy finished asking his 100 questions... :redcard:

- What are the plans for Mustangs after the 2008 contract expires?

- Any thoughts on increasing production to get more of these great cars (SGT, GT500 & KR) into more fan's garages?

- Any plans to bring out more non-Mustang variations? (can you say Shelby Taurus?? - the ultimate company car!)

- How do they think Ford is doing with it's turnaround (because a weak Ford hurts them as well - not enough $$ to come out with newer/better products)

And, most importantly (for Amy), how can I, Joe G., get "in the loop" with guys like Grabber, Coldy and Crispy??

Really looking forward to seeing the interview! :banana piano:

This is a little late since the interviews already are probebly ovre, but I know only 1000 KR'S are available for 08, how about 07?? I read earlier in another thread that those of us that bought 07's and wondering if we bought the wrong car, well will the KR package be available for us besides the 40th package already available?? How many another 1000 for the 07's?? :rant: INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!! :rant: This is really driving me nut's :kuko: It's already been how long since the show started, :hyper: can we have live pic's not pic's from a mag or somewhere else of the new KR?? :sos:

This is a little late since the interviews already are probebly ovre, but I know only 1000 KR'S are available for 08, how about 07?? I read earlier in another thread that those of us that bought 07's and wondering if we bought the wrong car, well will the KR package be available for us besides the 40th package already available?? How many another 1000 for the 07's?? :rant: INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!! :rant: This is really driving me nut's :kuko: It's already been how long since the show started, :hyper: can we have live pic's not pic's from a mag or somewhere else of the new KR?? :sos:

Sorry I believe that the interview has already happened unless it was delayed. I tried to call but he is not answering. Right after an introduction it is a mad house hundreds of journalists running trying to get the photo. I have been trampeled a few times. I am also not sure how much time he has in the interview. Things always seem to change.

It’s my understanding that the 2007 GT500’s will NOT be eligible as an upgrade for the GT500KR package. The KR is exclusive to only 1,000 (2008) GT500’s that will be shipped directly to SAI in Las Vegas, Nevada & then out to dealers after their done converting them into KR's. Which dealers? I have not a clue.

But to end on a positive, look for another announcement in the next week or two coming out of SAI that your car (2007 & 2008) GT500’s WILL BE eligible for an upgraded package other than the 40th Anniversary package.

Archived