TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Floor Mats

ewahlin

I just bought a new 2012 GT500 and was surprised that there were no floor mats in the passenger compartment. Are mine missing or do all GT500's come this way? Seems kind of cheap if they are not provided by Ford.

If by "passenger compartment" you mean the rear seating area, GT500's do not include rear floor mats.

But if you mean the passenger seat (right front seating area), then yes, you should have two front mats.

If you want rear mats you can purchase them from Shelby. Frankly, about the only thing that fits in my back seat is my jacket and my grandson. Even though it's called a 4 seater, the 2 rear seats are darn near useless other than for a child or very small adult.

Phill

I used the front mats for a week and wanted to keep them in good shape, so I tossed them in the trunk. I much prefer the Husky, moulded rubber mats I picked up for the front and back for about $120 CAN. They protect the carpet and fit perfectly along the walls and come up a few inches so theres no spill over if you happen to get the inside wet, etc. Well worth the money! There are other similar mats out there too so something to consider.

Thanks for the replies. One of my kids got in the back seat with mud on their shoes today and it got on the rear carpet area that has no mat.

I kinda went a little nuts! I guess I'll invest in some mats since I'll have small passengers back there from time to time. Erik

Thanks for the replies. One of my kids got in the back seat with mud on their shoes today and it got on the rear carpet area that has no mat.

I kinda went a little nuts! I guess I'll invest in some mats since I'll have small passengers back there from time to time. Erik

Just remember, ANY MUSTANG mats will work. You don't have to get GT500 specific mats. And there's a million Mustang mats available out there.

But if you want to keep your OEM front mats perfect, Shelby makes some really nice sets (of 4) mats with the GT500 or the Shelby logo on them. Oh, and I think you can get a trunk mat to match your floor mats too.

Phill

if you want nice mats for the front and rear that fit just right check out lloyd mats they have a lot of color and logo choices for the GT500...you will love them

I like the idea of keeping the original mats unsed so will check out Shelby and Loyds. Thanks for all the help.

Anybody know what Ford charges for the original front mats? Probably will be expensive to replace someday down the road when worn out. Erik

I got front and rear with mine (4) dark grey, like these (http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a172a1a0f). Fronts have logo GT500. I replaced them with Red plush Lloyds (4) front and rear(http://www.ebay.com/...=item5adfb3e532) with custom made Red FULL Trunk mat to match. Then being Anal, I bought the Ford Rubber Mats with Mustang Logo (4) for daily usage (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-2011-2012-12-BLACK-MUSTANG-WEATHER-VINYL-FLOOR-MATS-4-PC-SET-/250899900924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMustang&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6acca9fc).

Archived