TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW OWNER OF 2007 SGT

Elgin Black

I recently purchased my first Shelby. A 2007 SGT with 2780 miles on it. It is supercharged and has the ceramic coated Ford Racing headers. It also has 4:10 gears. This is my 7th Mustang. I started in 1967 with a new 390 fastback(wish I still had that one). One more Item off of my bucket list.

Congrats. You have one of the fastest and best handling cars ever made. Is it a GT/SC with the supercharger added by Shelby American or did someone mod it? Either way be careful of the rear tires if they are the original factory tires - the extra power makes it real easy to break them loose especially on cold pavement. Given the 4.10 mod someone might have already switched them.

The car was purchased new at my local dealership. He had the supercharger, the headers and gears installed by the dealer. The dealer gave me copies of the receipts of all the work accomplished there. I also have the window sticker. I came across this car quite by accident. I had stopped to look at the dealership owners new Boss 302. Low and behold this SGT was sitting on the showroom floor. The original owner had just traded it in the day before. Needless to say the car did not need any detailing.

Congrats and welcome to the family. Please be sure to get that thing in the Shelby American Registry, you can do so by following the link in my signature. Just click on Register my Shelby link and fill out information. If the car has been previously registered the update button is broken. If it has been, shoot me an email ( link in signature too) and I can change the info manually. If this is the case, in your email, send me the VIN, CSM, your full name, Address, and any mods on car.

Again, congrats on your new baby, and welcome to the family. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Archived