TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 2007 Stripes

Ive had my 2007 Shelby GT stripes replaced twice since I purchased my car new in 2007. And now they need replacement again and of course the warranty is finished (SEE PICTURES)post-35234-0-14066500-1323276428_thumb.jpg. I've called the dealer who I purchased the car from and who did the first two replacements they sent me to Ford, Ford would not even give me the time of day and sent me to Shelby, Shelby would not help me either (after repeated attemps to contact Shelby through Phone calls and e-mails.....NO HELP AT ALLpost-35234-0-14066500-1323276428_thumb.jpg. The car only has 16,000 miles on it and is garage kept or covered when not in use.

Wow, it must be your local environment. My '08 has nearly 26k miles, is driven nearly everyday and most of my stripes are still original. The hood stripes where replaced when the scoop was replaced. Aside from specs of dirt that have lodged themselves into the tape they look pretty good considering.

By the way, welcome to TS. What took you so long?

When I bought my 08 it only had 300 miles on it and the stripes were in bad shape.

Supposedly it was stored covered inside a garage in Ca.

Have a friend here in Wy. that has an 07 and his original stripes look like new.

Said all he ever did was keep a good coat of wax on the car.

Maybe local environment is part of the problem......

This is why I'm getting my stripes painted on after I do my engine mods. The fact that the stripes were cheap tape stripes to begin with pisses me off.

These stripes were junk from the beginning $700 to paint them on was the best money spent. Got tired of people saying are sure there is only 9k on your car. Read the reviews or look at a new GTS garbage stripes.

These stripes were junk from the beginning $700 to paint them on was the best money spent. Got tired of people saying are sure there is only 9k on your car. Read the reviews or look at a new GTS garbage stripes.

$700??? Geez I was prepared for a bit more than that. I guess I'm factoring in the other things I want done as well. I've got a clear bra on the front that would need to be removed and replaced after painting, plus I would like the Supersnake hood style heat extractor vents and a functional hood scoop... yep, now I remember why I was planning on more than $700 lol

I have to agree with everyone who said to have your stripes painted on. I had mine painted when I had my Deep Draw hood installed.

My car is on Guam and it was only a matter of time before the stripes took a crap. Side stripes are still perfect though.

Welcome to Team Shelby, and sorry you are having problems with your stripes. Who have you been calling at Shelby. If you have been calling the 1800 number that Ford gave you, you have not been talking to Shelby, but rather the Ford warranty line for Shelby vehicles. Due to the fact that you are out of warranty you may not get them covered for free. However, if you give a little more detail about exactly who you been trying to call we may can help you a little better. If you would like to you can email me at the link below in my signature.

Wow, you clearly must live in an area that is not vinyl friendly at all if you keep the car covered and those are the third set of stripes. Heck, even if you had the stripes done all for free, I wouldn't do it. Where you live, it looks like paint will be your only option if you don't want it to look like that in another year. I'm guessing that you are in So Cal? That is the only place where I've seen almost any car with vinyl look exactly like that. Usually not garage stored however. My car was a rental in San Diego, and the stripes looked like that.

Price to have them painted varies greatly depending on who, when, where, and how they are done. I'll have mine painted after it's paid off and fully expect to drop $2-$3k for a better than OE but not quite showcar/trailer queen quality. I plan to have plenty of clear applied.

This is BAD fallout, see notes in the Stripe thread and Owner info thread:

http://www.teamshelb...nfo-for-owners/

http://www.teamshelb...stripes-thread/

Background info here on the issue you are seeing:

http://www.autotrimd...izontal%201.htm

If you are in an area where fallout is an issue there isn't much you can do about it other than painting them on.

Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

While you say the car has been covered (not sure what that means) or garaged when not in use, but if the use includes during rain where the car then sits with the rain on it, you're going to see this in some parts of the country.

My car has 30,000 miles and my stripes, and scoop, look great. Same stripes just a different environment.

DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1704.JPG

I can't understand why people would replace something that's defective with the same kind of stripe,.....????? Mine were defective and I changed them with a more durable stripe.

Archived