TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT Forum

sportscars

I admit freely that I do not now, nor will I ever probably own a Ford GT, but I count at least 8 close friends who do. I have been registered on the Ford GT Forum since October of '09. As a non-owner, I try to not post unless it is very relevant to the discussion.

Today I tried to post a reply to a thread that specificly talks about something I am personally doing and I find out I am not permitted to post anything at all. No new posts, no replies, no nothing! I understand that it is a privately owned forum and they are free to deny access to anyone for any reason, but I have done nothing to warrant being "banned". I have only posted one time since April and it was in regards to a friends picture of his GT. Why not just delete my account altogether if you dont want me around that badly? I did post several times late last year/early this year about an event I was having and I even offered to pay for a banner ad, so why wait 7 months and restrict me now?

Just needed to vent a bit. I'd appeal to Dave (the moderator), but I know it would do no good. He doesn't seem interested in dialog with anyone who thinks differently than he does.

I lurked there for a while before I bought mine, but also bought a membership. I think it's pretty clear to me (both from the intro and emails) that the forum is for owners and people seriously looking to buy. I also remember a statement that if you join and lurk for an extended period of time that you will be relegated to observer status. You can always try to email them.

Sportscars,

First, Merry Christmas. As the Moderator of the Ford GT Forum I want to assure you that you were not banned and everyone is welcome to read and enjoy the Ford GT Forum. It has always been an owners forum but in the past a few spectators were allowed a limited # of posts. The problem was the amount of time required to approve or deny new members. It was burning up way too much of DBK's (the owner) time and so now anybody can join and read the forum, no new memberships are denied (in the past, 90% of memberships were declined), but only owners and build team members can post. A few non owners are allowed to post but they are subscribing members and even then their posts are limited. I hope you do join the ranks of Ford GT owners and I look forward to meeting you.

Chip Beck

Ford GT Forum

Chip,

Thank you for the response. I guess my biggest issue is that I have tried to be a supporting vendor and/or purchase banner ads, but Dave seems uninterested. I have looked at buying a membership, but do not feel that is a good use of my money if I am still highly censored or not allowed to post at all. I have no problem "paying to play" but I'm not going to "pay to watch". I completely understand it being private and wanting to maintain a "clean" forum, but I disagree with me not being able to post anything. I am making the arrangements to help Joe and Chris to take 360 to Europe next year. I would like to see if any other GT owners are interested in going but I can't. Dave isn't just cutting me out, he is cutting out any other GT owner that might be interested in going. I am just trying to contribute something that I believe is valuable to the GT community. I would love to organize GT owners only events but certainly could not do so without some way of promoting it.

I appreciate your time and I also look forward to meeting you someday. Maybe one day you will attend an event of mine (Terlingua maybe?) and we can solve all the worlds problems together over a few drinks. :beerchug:

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Sean

Archived