TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trip to NE 50th Celebration and Carlisle Ford Nationals

stngfever

Who's going?

Looks to be a GREAT event! http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71506-shelby-american-50th-anniversary-celebration-east/

So far we have:

Myself (Scott) - MI

Rumors (Cliff) - MI

Let's see if we can get a convoy from the Great Lakes Region!

Just signed up on the Carlisle site for the show and parade. Another Great Lakes region member. I plan on doing the whole event, including WV track days. I'll be taking the scenic route from Cincinnati. US 50 goes right to Winchester, straight shot east for 400 miles, about 8 hrs of driving. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning, if anyone wants to join me or meet me somewhere along the way.

I also plan to go up to the SAAC event at Watkins Glen the following weekend. It's 190 miles north of Carlisle. I have some friends in the Lancaster, Pa area and will visit them in between. A two week road trip and 1200 miles (plus track miles) celebrating Shelby, yahoo!! Can't wait.

Stoy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pulled the trigger Sunday to join the Team Shelby NorthEast Carlisle event after months of procrastination.

Did the Las Vegas BASH, but miss my former East Coast home, and my friends there. Hoping to reconnect with as many as possible at The Ford Nationals.

I would appreciate tagging along, if possible. I booked the Wyndham for a Tuesday 5/29 arrival.

If we cannot travel together, I would be grateful for some suggestions on route selection...

Thanks,

-Rob

Here's what we have so far:

Monday 5/28 - West Michigan to Athens, OH (~400 miles)

Tuesday 5/29 - Athens, OH to Winchester, VA via scenic road US50 (~260 miles)

Rumors (Cliff), and Stoynbj (Stoy) will meet up in Athens for the run into Winchester.

QuadCam, where are you coming from? Would love to have you join in on our caravan?

Ask cliff about his recent adventure on his first road trip in the Shelby :peelout:

Here's what we have so far:

Monday 5/28 - West Michigan to Athens, OH (~400 miles)

Tuesday 5/29 - Athens, OH to Winchester, VA via scenic road US50 (~260 miles)

Rumors (Cliff), and Stoynbj (Stoy) will meet up in Athens for the run into Winchester.

QuadCam, where are you coming from? Would love to have you join in on our caravan?

Ask cliff about his recent adventure on his first road trip in the Shelby :peelout:

Ahhhh... maybe I should wait for the paperback edition?

Perhaps you can give me a hint? :hysterical:

I will be coming from Downers Grove, IL, which makes for a very long day at 450 miles and 8 hours behind the wheel. :drop:

Where does one rest their head in Athens, Ohio?

The trip to Winchester sounds sweet. Google maps shows the ride to be uneventful until Evansville, WV and then the Appalachian Mountains kick-in.

I suspect the ride will become far more interesting from that point until our destination. :shoppingcart_:

-QC

All I remember is every now and then you were far ahead of me and before you knew what hit......you were a blur in my rearview mirror. LOL

Was good time and I enjoyed the drive. BTW I never saw any posted signs! Did you?

Got to love the speed.

As to Athens we picked this spot to hook up with Stoy since I am heading South on the 25th to a previous engagement and this is a good point to hook up on Monday for all of us.

Will be another good trip. Hope you and all can join us.

Only rule we have is we stop every hour or so for smokes. Other than that we have no rules.

Cliff

Ahhhh... maybe I should wait for the paperback edition?

Perhaps you can give me a hint? :hysterical:

I will be coming from Downers Grove, IL, which makes for a very long day at 450 miles and 8 hours behind the wheel. :drop:

Where does one rest their head in Athens, Ohio?

The trip to Winchester sounds sweet. Google maps shows the ride to be uneventful until Evansville, WV and then the Appalachian Mountains kick-in.

I suspect the ride will become far more interesting from that point until our destination. :shoppingcart_:

-QC

Looking like Baymont Inn & Suites is where I'll be staying :)

Cliff, if I recall correctly that blur you saw was in your windshield as I was the one to notice a blur of you in my rearview mirror :shift:

What time do we want to hook up on Tuesday in Athens? It's about 2.5 hours for me to get there, then another 5 hours or so to Winchester. I can get there as early as 10:00, or later if we want to catch lunch in Athens and then hit the road.

Stoy

What time do we want to hook up on Tuesday in Athens? It's about 2.5 hours for me to get there, then another 5 hours or so to Winchester. I can get there as early as 10:00, or later if we want to catch lunch in Athens and then hit the road.

Stoy

Hi Stoy

I say the earlier the better (10:00) and we stop somewhere around noon for lunch. You can freshen up at hotel while we check out and we can all hit the road and this will give you a short break before climbing back in.

Cliff

All I remember is every now and then you were far ahead of me and before you knew what hit......you were a blur in my rearview mirror. LOL

Was good time and I enjoyed the drive. BTW I never saw any posted signs! Did you?

Got to love the speed.

As to Athens we picked this spot to hook up with Stoy since I am heading South on the 25th to a previous engagement and this is a good point to hook up on Monday for all of us.

Will be another good trip. Hope you and all can join us.

Only rule we have is we stop every hour or so for smokes. Other than that we have no rules.

Cliff

Cliff, had a blast riding with you guys going to Hermann, wish I could do it again. Have a safe drive. Looking forward seeing Ford again and meeting your better half. Enjoyed spending time with Ford; very polite and respectful, he is a breath of fresh air in this day and age; you and your wife have done a great job. Any more foals?

BTW Remember the number one rule.............. Don't let any Vetts or Camaro's pass ya by.

Don

Not sure they can. Had a filly born laat week. See you in carlisle and ford is skipping school and coming with wife and I. Hope jenny is coming as I loved your daughter

Looking like Baymont Inn & Suites is where I'll be staying :)

Cliff, if I recall correctly that blur you saw was in your windshield as I was the one to notice a blur of you in my rearview mirror :shift:

Is this the "Cliff?" aka "LUCY" with Illinois plates...

LUCYIL.jpg

Or, are you this one ahead of me in the Parade Lap queue at the Track?

LUCY.jpg

Half hour north of Detroit here also leaving early Thursday morning to travel to Winchester. We're staying at the Wyndham as well and will likely see many of you there that evening or the next morning on the caravan to Carlisle. I think we're going to do some touristy things in and near Winchester on Thursday when we get in that afternoon. This is my first road trip and event with my 'new to me' Shelby. I can't wait.

Headed out today (AM hopefully)... Staying ~20 miles east of Indy (Greenfield).

Off to Athens tomorrow... should be there to greet you guys for our cruise to Winchester Tuesday AM.

-Rob

Headed out today (AM hopefully)... Staying ~20 miles east of Indy Greenfield).

Off to Athens tomorrow... should be there to greet you guys for our cruise to Winchester Tuesday AM.

-Rob

Have a great trip Rob, and some great track time!

Thanks Bob - I want to hear all about the new "Five-Oh" in your future. Still keeping the SGT (i hope)?

Yes - keeping it!

Archived