TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone do me a favor please?

drlovegun

actually....during the time I left the laptop (no, I haven't mounted a laptop shelf in the Shelby yet) and sat back down, 2 had replied.

So out with the secret? Did you get a signed dash plaque with your VIN from CS?

Well, since he had to ask for a measurement, it means he doesn't have a car. So, my guess is he's working on a Carroll Shelby Signature decal, plate, or some other emblem to put there and he needed to know how big it could be.

That's my guess.

I don't think he found out that if you hook up a hose to each cowl vent, then direct that air into the CAI, that you will get another 150hp with the a/c on full blast and without a tune.

Well, since he had to ask for a measurement, it means he doesn't have a car. So, my guess is he's working on a Carroll Shelby Signature decal, plate, or some other emblem to put there and he needed to know how big it could be.

That's my guess.

I don't think he found out that if you hook up a hose to each cowl vent, then direct that air into the CAI, that you will get another 150hp with the a/c on full blast and without a tune.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

wait a minute......

that might really work......

:hysterical2:

Alright Alright, I have a line on someone who can replicate the dash plaque, probably for way less than 299

There's probably quite a few people that could, but other than saving money, why would you? The CAI plaque will be entered into the registry, and I don't imagine that a knock off would.

For me anyway, it's not just the plaque it also having a modern piece of high performance automotive history. But, like I said, that's just me..to each his or her own.

JMO

Alright Alright, I have a line on someone who can replicate the dash plaque, probably for way less than 299

That's pretty LOW in my book. That money goes to children who really need it & all you can think about is how you can make money off this item by making a cheap knock off for those who make clone cars? Shame, Shame on you & may God have mercy on your soul.

edit: spelling

That's pretty LOW in my book. That money goes to children who really need it & all you can think about is how you can make money off this item by making a cheap knock off for those who make clone cars? Shame, Shame on you & may God have mercy on your sole.

Whoa whoa whoa! I never said I was selling them, I just said I might have a line on someone who may be! Good lord!

:redcard:

btw, sole=fish or bottom of shoe

Soul=What God has mercy on.

That's pretty LOW in my book. That money goes to children who really need it & all you can think about is how you can make money off this item by making a cheap knock off for those who make clone cars? Shame, Shame on you & may God have mercy on your sole.

+1 but you know it's going to happen

I got to meet CS at the Auction... not official like shaking hands and talking about my GT500, things were crazy when the "PALM TREE" (code name for the GTH-C) was unvailed. He did autograph my drivers shirt, I'll post a pick of that too.

Can someone measure the closest point between the two dash vents above the radio please? I'll let you in on the secret afterwards, thanks!!

I read in another post you had your car dyno'd. why would you need us to give measurements if you already have one? was it not near by & you just wanted the info to pass on to someone else so they could make it?

Come on, fess up, what's this all really about & for whom?

I read in another post you had your car dyno'd. why would you need us to give measurements if you already have one? was it not near by & you just wanted the info to pass on to someone else so they could make it?

Come on, fess up, what's this all really about & for whom?

I'm out of town for work until wednesday, so it wasn't nearby you're correct. Should have said that in the first post! My bad!

It's really all about for me! Just don't feel like paying $300 for something worth about $30, even if the loot is going to charity. I give to the charities I give to, and I give a lot, I just don't want to be told where to send my money, that's all.

Plus I wanted to be cool and have a secret since that's been the rage around here lately! :)

I'm out of town for work until wednesday, so it wasn't nearby you're correct. Should have said that in the first post! My bad!

It's really all about for me! Just don't feel like paying $300 for something worth about $30, even if the loot is going to charity. I give to the charities I give to, and I give a lot, I just don't want to be told where to send my money, that's all.

Plus I wanted to be cool and have a secret since that's been the rage around here lately! :)

OK, I understand now. please forgive the have mercy comment, but please don't try to profit from this, these kids really need the money.

I don't care for this cloned plate secret. :nonono:

JMHO

I'm with you Grabber. A fake plate and a forged signature defrauding one of our larger sponsors and this board is going to condone the conversation......

Sorry, but I think this thread should be locked for condoning illegal activity and dropped. This is just wrong. If this guy wants his secret, keep it from all of us. I want no part in this fraud.

I'm with you Grabber. A fake plate and a forged signature defrauding one of our larger sponsors and this board is going to condone the conversation......

Sorry, but I think this thread should be locked for condoning illegal activity and dropped. This is just wrong. If this guy wants his secret, keep it from all of us. I want no part in this fraud.

There has been no mention of a Forged signature or an illegal activity. The talk was about a copy cat plate. For all we know...it will have no signature, or he will pay 200 to have it signed!

There has been no mention of a Forged signature or an illegal activity. The talk was about a copy cat plate. For all we know...it will have no signature, or he will pay 200 to have it signed!

I mentioned forgery tongue and cheek for $500 each. My intention was to ping the flavor of stupidity in such an idea. I in no way would promote the act, especially for this.

surly no one woud be dumb enough to pay $200 more for a fake than for the real thing. :stop:

Good grief, did you guys even read this thread? Who (I know I didn't) asked for $200 over the reg price? I'm not condoning anything, I just asked for the measurement! I'm buying a fake plate for my REAL Gt-500, big f'ing deal! Ya'll need to calm down a little :stop:

BTW, Alloy is really the fastest color

Archived