TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STICKIEST 285/35/19

CANADA GUY

FOR ALL OF YOU ON STOCK 9.5" REAR RIMS: which are the stickiest 285/35/19 or comparable size taht can replace the terrible f1's.I was looking at the MT 305's but was worried about rim width.

So is it the MICHELIN PS, KDW's or INVO'S OR WHAT ?

Just real tired of all the spin and go nowhere.My 1/4 times this year actually went up since I MODDED.

I swapped out my Goodyears for Hankook ventus V12 evo's and find they have more grip than the Goodyears.

Hi Cdvision...Did you ever get into any light snow with those tires? Just curious - because the treadpattern is a lot like some of the all season tires. I realize that the compound is different..but looking at the Hankook pattern compared to the Continental DW tires...seems the Hankook would have better traction.

Hi Cdvision...Did you ever get into any light snow with those tires? Just curious - because the treadpattern is a lot like some of the all season tires. I realize that the compound is different..but looking at the Hankook pattern compared to the Continental DW tires...seems the Hankook would have better traction.

Lol...no chance it will ever get driven in any amount of snow....so I'll never know. Guys that did drive theirs in the winter back in Vancouver had good results with the Continental DWS.

Lol...no chance it will ever get driven in any amount of snow....so I'll never know. Guys that did drive theirs in the winter back in Vancouver had good results with the Continental DWS.

Okay...kind of figured that...but just thought maybe you got stuck out in a surprise mini-snow storm a time or two. Thanks anyhow. Yeah...those Continental DWS tires are the ones I want..but unfortunately they don't make them in the 255/40/19 size for my fronts.

I know the Goodyears don't typically last that long even without spinning them, so I know I'll be looking for a better replacement in a couple years. I plan on driving my car most of the time if not year round when we move to Vancouver Island, so I'll want a tire that performs well in wet and cool temperatures from time to time. Hopefully, snow will be rare!

I have them on my Dodge Charger for summer tires, they do very well in the cold but in snow i cant even make it up my drive way. The snow tires go on pretty fast when the snow starts to fly.

I have them on my Dodge Charger for summer tires, they do very well in the cold but in snow i cant even make it up my drive way. The snow tires go on pretty fast when the snow starts to fly.

Thanks for commenting on the Hankooks, MattR. Appreciate it. I kind of thought that would be the case as well. Oh well. I'm stretching out my stock Goodyears as long as I can to see if Continental will release the DSW's in the 255/40/19 size I need for the fronts. I might be able to squeeze out another month or two. Fingers crossed.

Okay...kind of figured that...but just thought maybe you got stuck out in a surprise mini-snow storm a time or two. Thanks anyhow. Yeah...those Continental DWS tires are the ones I want..but unfortunately they don't make them in the 255/40/19 size for my fronts.

The guys I know that have the DWS's run the 245/40/19's on the front with zero problems. They are almost the exact same size as the stock Goodyears. Actual tire dimensions vary from each manufacturer in the same size.

• 2 weeks later...

According to my son, who changes tires, like most people change underwear. The Mickey Thompson 305's would be the best choice (rim width is ok with lower tire pressure). For a street tire, I have always have great luck with Nitto Invo's.

FOR ALL OF YOU ON STOCK 9.5" REAR RIMS: which are the stickiest 285/35/19 or comparable size taht can replace the terrible f1's.I was looking at the MT 305's but was worried about rim width.

So is it the MICHELIN PS, KDW's or INVO'S OR WHAT ?

Just real tired of all the spin and go nowhere.My 1/4 times this year actually went up since I MODDED.

According to my son, who changes tires, like most people change underwear. The Mickey Thompson 305's would be the best choice (rim width is ok with lower tire pressure). For a street tire, I have always have great luck with Nitto Invo's.

WHAT PRESSURE DOES HE RECOMMEND.I drive the car 80% city for only 1500 miles a year.To the track maybe twice a year.I am guessing at 70 mph on the highway ; at the lowe5r pressure it won't feel greasy( too little pressure).

Thanks

Archived