TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY NEW WHEELS AND TIRES

Amigo GT500

I pulled the trigger and I changed my SVTPP wheels and tires after 600 miles. I didn't like the tires because they are not good for the rainy season in South Florida. I purchased the new CS70 from Shelby and Toyo Proxes4 tires. I went with 295/30ZR/20 rear and 255/35ZR/20 front. The wheels are 20 all four corners. 9 front and 10 rear. Here some pictures.....

post-33685-0-91269400-1322662689_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-76505200-1322662762_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-91269400-1322662689_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-76505200-1322662762_thumb.jpg

I don't really care for those. The SVTPP rims are much nicer...but I can understand need to switch because you are so limited to tires that fit on those in the stock configuration.

BTW: What is that white on your antenna?

I got the antenna here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-CARBON-FIBER-BILLET-ALUMINUM-ANTENNA-KIT-RED-BLUE-BLACK-WHITE-POLISHED-/370555711078?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5646d76e66

Thanks at least one TS member liked it.....

and at least a second TS member commented on it. Rather quiet around here...usually in the winter this place gets more action with all the people that park their cars for the snowy season. (not me...still driving in 25 degree weather with no issues!)

and at least a second TS member commented on it. Rather quiet around here...usually in the winter this place gets more action with all the people that park their cars for the snowy season. (not me...still driving in 25 degree weather with no issues!)

1> I like the CS70 wheels!

2. I think this forum is drying up which is unfortunate. Quite frankly there is much more activity regarding GT500 on other forum's.

Thanks at least one TS member liked it.....

Who cares what others think. Your car = Your opinion is the only one that counts.

When I saw those rims I really didn't like them, but I'm surprised to say they look pretty good on the car. Good enough for me to consider them. I may have to PS those pics to see how they look on a black car.

Tangent: That link says the antenna wont work with the '10+ Shelby. Are they smoking something or did you have to do something to make it fit?

Who cares what others think. Your car = Your opinion is the only one that counts.

When I saw those rims I really didn't like them, but I'm surprised to say they look pretty good on the car. Good enough for me to consider them. I may have to PS those pics to see how they look on a black car.

Tangent: That link says the antenna wont work with the '10+ Shelby. Are they smoking something or did you have to do something to make it fit?

Also the CS70 comes in black just in case you like black matching your black car....About the antenna, I didnt have to make any modification. I used the adaptors and I put some blue tread lock to get it in place. nothing else!! BTW I appreciated your opinion......thanks

You guys who gave an opinion here...what do you think about this?

One of those looks that I would like 20% of the time but would regret having it all the time. I have been looking at these wheels since they were announced last spring. I wish they did not have machined edge. That would be my preference.

Still damn nice looking wheels. Good to see other step outside the box. I also like the new All matte black CS1.

There is an ebay distributor RT Tire pushing the chrome c70 and all matte black cs1. Not sure if they are authorized or not since the chrome cs70 don't come from csw that way as you know.

Just a FYI on RT Tire.. I bought My CS69 Special Edition Wheels from him and he was great to work with..Drove up and picked them up for $150.00 less than on The bay and bought the Tires later and he shipped them Free.. :rockon:

Good to know as he has the best price. I wonder if he is having the PVD finish added after he gets the cs70 from CSW?

Also the CS70 comes in black just in case you like black matching your black car....About the antenna, I didnt have to make any modification. I used the adaptors and I put some blue tread lock to get it in place. nothing else!! BTW I appreciated your opinion......thanks

I'm not a fan of the black wheel thing, I just don't get it.

Thanks for the antenna info. Might have to get me one this winter.

My initial reaction was that it's bad ass. But I'd have to see it in person, it looks like the red stripes just randomly stop at the outer edge of the wheel. I assume there is a groove there. Hard to judge in a pic though.

If it's just pinstriping, I'd leave it for a bit and see how you feel about it after looking at it for a week or 2. If you think you don't want it, take 'em off and you may find you miss them. Then you'll know what to do.

I'm not a fan of the black wheel thing, I just don't get it.

Thanks for the antenna info. Might have to get me one this winter.

My initial reaction was that it's bad ass. But I'd have to see it in person, it looks like the red stripes just randomly stop at the outer edge of the wheel. I assume there is a groove there. Hard to judge in a pic though.

If it's just pinstriping, I'd leave it for a bit and see how you feel about it after looking at it for a week or 2. If you think you don't want it, take 'em off and you may find you miss them. Then you'll know what to do.

I painted in red using photo shop software. Yes, there is a groove in there. I will try to find a red tape and put it in there to see how it looks. I am not still convinced because after is painted you have to live with...

here is a closer pic of the antenna...

post-33685-0-17608100-1322944509_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-17608100-1322944509_thumb.jpg

I could not agree MORE and I feel the same way about my cars/bikes. I don't modify my cars to impress others, I do it to impress ME.

Having said that, HE DID ASK!

I typically don't give unsolicited opinions and don't really appreaciate those that do. If I want your opinion, I'll ask for it. If you give it to me I sure as heck won't get butt-hurt over it because after all, I DID ASK YOU FOR IT!

I also RARELY ask for opinions, see line 1!

I haven't looked at his wheel pics yet so I can't give a opinion. But if I do....HE ASKED! <lol>

Just My HONEST Opinion (JMHO),

Phill Pollard

Okay, I looked....

I like 'em with the red accent, I don't like 'em without.

JMHO,

Phill

I could not agree MORE and I feel the same way about my cars/bikes. I don't modify my cars to impress others, I do it to impress ME.

I totally subscribe to that thinking too, Phill. Life is too short to worry about gaining approval from other people - that is all time and energy wasted in the end. But maybe we're just getting too deep on the subject.

Sometimes people just need an outside opinion...a different perspective or view on things - I think that is all he was asking.

You guys who gave an opinion here...what do you think about this? (red added)

I do like the red added to the wheels...no, I am not just saying that. lol.

What I don't like is the look of the dark area of the wheel. It makes it look like thin spokes with the lighter color contrast. I think if the dark area were a much lighter color..a couple shades darker than the outside spoke where the red accents are...it would work better.

Archived