TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CLUTCH RECALL

strongtie

Some of you may know that I had a major problem with my clutch a couple of weeks ago. It was covered under manufacturer's warranty and the dealer was in touch with the factory for a replacement.

I left for a business trip to germany and just got back last night. I called the dealer this morning to make arrangements to pick up the snake..... an low-and-behold the service manager tells me that Ford is issuing a national recall on the clutch. He went on to say that they are going to start shipping replacement parts starting April 10!!!

Does anyone know any info on this!

It's getting warm and my frustrations are growing!!!!!!

We need concrete info on this. Rumor control or facts!

just looked at the TSB 2 website and spoke to Ford Racing .. no one is aware of any national recall

not saying its NOT happening .. but no info from ford on this

Grabber and I just spoke on the phone, so I checked into Ford's system to see if there is any info and there is NOT at this time. That means that Ford doesn't have any FSA's (recalls) announced for the GT500 clutch as of yet. I also checked for TSB's (technical service bulletins) for GT500's and found nothing relating to clutches there, either. Maybe something is in the works to be announced later? But as of right now, there is nothing.

This is the message I got from the website:

Currently there are no safety or emissions recalls for your vehicle. For more information on Ford Motor Company recalls or concerns you may be having with your vehicle, please contact your dealership directly.

Possibly they don't consider the clutch to be a "safety or emmissions" problem.

Here is a link to Ford recall's website. scroll down & enter your VIN# & it will tell you.

http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/recalls/default.htm

MINE CAME BACK WITH NO RECALLS!

No recalls here either. CW, we have build dates very close together. No problems with my clutch, but after she warms up a bit, she can be a little touchy. I have no slipping or hard shifting to report.

7300 SMiles

Drive fast, drive safe . . . :headspin:

Some of you may know that I had a major problem with my clutch a couple of weeks ago. It was covered under manufacturer's warranty and the dealer was in touch with the factory for a replacement.

I left for a business trip to germany and just got back last night. I called the dealer this morning to make arrangements to pick up the snake..... an low-and-behold the service manager tells me that Ford is issuing a national recall on the clutch. He went on to say that they are going to start shipping replacement parts starting April 10!!!

Does anyone know any info on this!

It's getting warm and my frustrations are growing!!!!!!

Not stating this as fact, but the Service Manager may have said that to you as a delay tatic because he hasn't started on your car yet even after being in his shop for so many days. I just ran an Oasis report for TSB's and RC's and found nothing yet. I also checked the D.O.T. website for a recall, and nothing there either. Telling you that parts won't arrive until a week from tomorrow because of this recall is nonsense too. That's because all warranty and/or recall paperwork is filed after the work is completed, so there really is no connection between ordering the parts, doing the repair, and filing the recall claim.

I could be wrong, but the bottom line as it is right now, there is no posted recall for the 500's clutch.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 2 2007, 01:49 PM) 124562[/snapback]
Grabber and I just spoke on the phone, so I checked into Ford's system to see if there is any info and there is NOT at this time. That means that Ford doesn't have any FSA's (recalls) announced for the GT500 clutch as of yet. I also checked for TSB's (technical service bulletins) for GT500's and found nothing relating to clutches there, either. Maybe something is in the works to be announced later? But as of right now, there is nothing.

DITTIO FIVE OH ... checked our system to at the store and nada .. nothing yet

I just got off the phone with Ralph at the plant where the Shelby's are being produced. He told me that this is the first he has heard of this and that it is not true as far as he is concerned. They are producing Shelby's right now with the same clutch. It is business as usual on the assembly line.

If there was a recall, don't you think they would be putting in a different clutch right now ?

same for me, nothing...although mine is a Q2. rolled out of the plant about 2.5 wks ago. We shall wait and see. My feeling is, the dealer is full of sh**, expecting you believe everything he says not knowing you're part of a network far more powerful than dealer lines of balony.

Thanks for the info everyone!......

Well after reading the posts.... I called back the service manager and pressed him on the issue..... He admitted that there was no recall but afirmed the part was on back order....

"in the absence of the truth.... anything can fill the void"

Thanks again...

Sorry for any emotional distress!

FYI I'm still frustrated.

PS: Know that I'm not the type of person that spreads disinformation.

PSS: Back to business

Hey 165,

I'll have to check, but I think my car has the same build date as your car.

So, I guess it would stand to reason, if your clutch is OK, mine should be too.

Too early to tell, only 167 miles so far due to crappy weather.

Hey, nice color!

Mines clear as well...but just started getting the hiss after hard driving...very loud hissing noise....went away the next day...whats that all about? Any one know?

Cheers,

Requis

Well after reading the posts.... I called back the service manager and pressed him on the issue..... He admitted that there was no recall but afirmed the part was on back order....

Thanks again...

Typical. Why can't people just be honest and straight about things like that and just stop the B.S. That man's credibilty in my book is now permanately out the window. BTW, if the clutch is truely on a D99 BO, then ask/tell Mr. BS to request a clutch off of the line and have it overnighted at FoMoCo's expense.

Best wishes, and good luck!

Thanks again...

I feel relieved that you have confirmed that your dealer is a lying slime ball and that our clutches are Good.

Thanks again...

Strongtie - thanks for following up. Had me a little concerned.

HSURB

I want to thank Five Oh B....his info I trust & I'm sure if one comes out he will tell us.

Thanks Five OH B!

Well thank you, Rodney! I love these forums as there are actually many really good sources of info here. I learned about the GT500KR here first (Ford still hasn't bothered to announce to the dealers yet!). You guys give me so much info, that it is my pleasure to help with the rumor control when I can in return.

same for me, nothing...although mine is a Q2. rolled out of the plant about 2.5 wks ago. We shall wait and see. My feeling is, the dealer is full of sh**, expecting you believe everything he says not knowing you're part of a network far more powerful than dealer lines of balony.

Dude. Awesome plate. :banana piano:

bj

My clutch is making noise...November build.

Mine just started to make the occasional chirp. June build. Figures. After I mod it but before I beat the snot out of it. If I'm gonna have to buy my own clutch I at least want to be the reason why!!!! :censored:

bj

I want to thank Five Oh B....his info I trust & I'm sure if one comes out he will tell us.

Thanks Five OH B!

When I saw this post, the first thing I thought of was to call Five Oh B and get him on the case. :happy feet:

Does anyone remember that show called Hawaii Five Oh. Great detectives. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Wha......??I just get home from work and Isee clutch recall?? I checked my vin aand nothing here too. Glad it's not true, feel bad for strongtie. I still wont have mine on the road for a bit, driving me crazy, oh well soon enough... :burnout:

Why are you not on the road :poke: . What's up mods or weather? Hopefully mods weather here is good I just don't have a car yet :cry:

Why are you not on the road :poke: . What's up mods or weather? Hopefully mods weather here is good I just don't have a car yet :cry:

:yup: Spending on Shelby mats, signed plate and key covers so far, waiting to see how much to make it into a KR... OH was I supposed to say that (well I'm betting that is what's in store for a few)??? :banana piano:

Sorry you don't have one .....yet??? or not getting one?/

Oh and on the subject, any clutches I have seen aftermarket are for 700HP or less

Archived