TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question?? RPM at high speed

SNKDOUT

I have the 3.6L Kenny Bell Super Charger. When I am running in 5th or 6th gear, I hit the peddle with over 7 PSI boost, and the engine revs and then takes off, Not sure if I am just spinning the tires of if there is something wrong? Any insite would be appreciated!

I have the 3.6L Kenny Bell Super Charger. When I am running in 5th or 6th gear, I hit the peddle with over 7 PSI boost, and the engine revs and then takes off, Not sure if I am just spinning the tires of if there is something wrong? Any insite would be appreciated!

Sounds like a possible slipping clutch. Give me a call if you would like to discuss.

Van

Revan Racing

561-445-7702

Yeah, I totally agree with Van.

That is a classic symptom of a slipping clutch. You are about to buy a new clutch friction disc & pressure plate, and if you go too far, possibly a flywheel or a flywheel resurface/grind.

Phill

Archived