TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MSRP.......when?

ASO544

I was so desperate and I went for a good deal on a beautiful 2012 SRT8 392

That really is a nice LOOKING car but I may be biased because I used to have a '70 'Cuda and it closely resembles it.

Having said that, I wouldn't want a SRT8 over a GT500 for anything in the world. Especially now that I added the mods I wanted to it.

Enjoy the car. It is a nice looking color combo.

To each his own,

Phill

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

No regrets guys, I put 300 miles on it since Saturday 24th, and the car is very cool.

Now in comparison with the Stang, OBVIOUS there is no comparison with the Shelby in terms of power output, but, amazingly the SRT8 sticks in the ground and handles really well in high speed high angled curves, I was surprised.

Now I can say something by experience!

No one can compare the Mustang to the SRT8, because I find it to be in TWO different categories, where, I say that the mustang is more like A race car to the SRT8 a fast powerful comfortable ride, where the power does not build up so quick, it is more like a on the go power, that does kick in BIG TIME but you don't feel it because of the comfortably in the ride.

Now, I will keep my Challenger until the new 2015 comes out and se what happens.

I am sorry that it took so long for FORD to announce the price, and I am sure it would be a bit expensive anyway...still interested in the 2013 Shelby GT500 prices.

Take care and a great 2012 for everyone.

Braztang

The Challenger looks great. Definitely an option for me next year. What I don't understand is why you were so pressed to buy a car like this for the winter? Were you without a vehicle?

The Challenger looks great. Definitely an option for me next year. What I don't understand is why you were so pressed to buy a car like this for the winter? Were you without a vehicle?

Three words: Money. Hole. Pocket.

HTH,

Phill

Hello everyone,

No regrets guys, I put 300 miles on it since Saturday 24th, and the car is very cool.

Now in comparison with the Stang, OBVIOUS there is no comparison with the Shelby in terms of power output, but, amazingly the SRT8 sticks in the ground and handles really well in high speed high angled curves, I was surprised.

Now I can say something by experience!

No one can compare the Mustang to the SRT8, because I find it to be in TWO different categories, where, I say that the mustang is more like A race car to the SRT8 a fast powerful comfortable ride, where the power does not build up so quick, it is more like a on the go power, that does kick in BIG TIME but you don't feel it because of the comfortably in the ride.

Now, I will keep my Challenger until the new 2015 comes out and se what happens.

I am sorry that it took so long for FORD to announce the price, and I am sure it would be a bit expensive anyway...still interested in the 2013 Shelby GT500 prices.

Take care and a great 2012 for everyone.

Braztang

Awesome car enjoy it.

Hi Guys,

For what it is worth here in Wichita Kansas you can buy the boss car for sticker. When they (2012 model) first came out the dealers were asking 20K over for the Laguna Seca (mis-spelled but you know) and 7K to 10K over sticker for the boss model. I looked at a white boss 302 today that listed for 43K and change. Dealer will sell for sticker. Same for a red one but the red one may have been sold this afternoon.

Now for the 2012 GT500s, One dealer here has a black, fully loaded minus glass roof and I want to say it listed for around 57 or 59K, however they had this car marked to 52,500K. They had a white GT500 that listed aout 2400 less than the black gt500 and they had it but marked down to 50,500K. The only difference I saw in the two cars was the white car did not have the nav option. Both cars had the SVT package. They had a 2012 conv gt500, black with strip delete and had it marked about 6500 off sticker. This was one slick car.

This same dealer has about 7 or 8 2012 roush cars and most are the stage 3 type and they had anywhere from 3K to as much as 6K off sticker price on these cars.

I just returned from Mississippi during Christmas and looked at a couple of boss cars and both dealers were selling these for sticker.

I too am really interested in the 2013 model GT500. In fairness to all you guys that have the 2011 and 2012 GT500 cars. I would expect your car to handle as well and be just as fast as the 2013 with a few smart modifications. Having said that I like you really like the idea of 650HP and over 200 MPH off the show room floor. Also like you I may buy a new 2013 GT500 or wait unitl I can get a good used one.

Do not be surprised to see ford come out with the Boss 351 late 2013. Take the 5.8 out of the GT500, remove the blower and crank up some head and intake work and bang you have a 2014 Boss 351 with about 500 or so HP. Add blower at dealership and you now have a 650 HP Boss351. This would not surprise me in the least. If this happen,

For sure I will monitor this forum to check out the pricing as soon as one of you find out anything.

Take Care,

-Billy

Probably got an offer he couldn't refuse. In Ohio winter is a good time to buy, sales are slow because of the weather, dealers are willing to deal.

The X-Plan price on a 2012 GT500 coupe is $44,807 and MSRP is $48,810 that's $4K plus another $2K = $6K to the Dealer @ MSRP - expenses . Why pay more than MSRP? SVTOA members get X-Plan pricing from Ford and only $100 bucs doc fee. The only catch is the dealer has to agree with offering X-Plan on a Shelby. Can't get X-Plan pricing from Ford on the Boss.

MCA membership allows for the X-plan also ..... except on Shelby's, Boss', Raptures, and etc.

Do not be surprised to see ford come out with the Boss 351 late 2013. Take the 5.8 out of the GT500, remove the blower and crank up some head and intake work and bang you have a 2014 Boss 351 with about 500 or so HP. Add blower at dealership and you now have a 650 HP Boss351. This would not surprise me in the least. If this happen,

For sure I will monitor this forum to check out the pricing as soon as one of you find out anything.

Take Care,

-Billy

That's exactly what I am hoping for. Maybe if in 2014 Chevy were to make a Z28 or even a ZL1 track pack, the Boss 351 would be the competitor.

I would assume even more power with a supercharger. But I am thinking more of just a naturally aspirated 351.

Would be really nice to see a return of the Boss 351.

Do not be surprised to see ford come out with the Boss 351 late 2013. Take the 5.8 out of the GT500, remove the blower and crank up some head and intake work and bang you have a 2014 Boss 351 with about 500 or so HP.

I've heard that before but frankly, I would be surprised if the Boss came out with the CURRENT 5.8L engine in it. One of the things that makes the Boss 5.0 and Mustang GT 5.0 so fast is the fact that the 5-0 is so much lighter than the 5.4 and hence, the 5.8L engine.

I don't think they'd want to add all that nose weight to a Boss and screw up the F/R weight bias, just to market a Boss 351. Now if they can get the 5.0L Coyote up to 5.8 liters, yeah...I can see THAT happening with a Boss 351.

Like the monkey said when he stuck his tail in a fan....."IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!" (before we find out).

Phill

Archived