TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAM Covers - Shelby or Shelby GT script

I was thinking about getting the new black Cam Covers for my SGT, but when my folks just gave me a check for a Birthday gift this week, it made it easy for me to jump while things are on sale.

Which should I opt for....the "SHELBY" scripted covers or the "SHELBY GT" scripted covers?

Do you think the Shelby GT ones have a smaller font? Too much Shelby GT badging or nice touch to engine compartment? I don't have the nice fluid cap cover set, but that is my next purchase and would like thoughts on that as well.

thanks!!

Andy.

Good luck with that... I haven't ordered them because the ones for the GT500's are nice but what's available for our Shelby GT's well are not that exciting and Black not really gonna show up too well inside that packed bay

I'm personally going with the black Ford Racing covers down the road. I think if I were you trying to decided between the two I would just go with the generic Shelby one.

+100 on this... I'm a minimalist when it comes to putting the car's name all over the place (my main beef with

the new GT-350 until they made some changes including making the hood letters optional). Ford Racing

works well since those are some of the parts I'm putting on it.

-Tom

If you were going Ford Racing, which ones would use? I couldn't find anything except for old 289/302/351 types....

These are what I plan on putting on mine, http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford%20Racing/397/M6582FR3VBLK/10002/-1?CT=999

BUT, if you like the Shelby ones better do that. At the end of the day it's your car and you've got to be happy with the work.

Tom mentioned the Ford Racing valve covers because of having Ford Racing parts on it, and that was my same thought process as well.

I went with the Shelby scripted ones as the larger script on the Shelby covers shows better under the hood. I like the clean look and the car is already known as a Shelby GT.

That's what I was thinking...."Shelby" only might be larger script...and vehicle is already known as an SGT, and too much of a good thing is...well, too much.

thanks for the input...I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these either way tomorrow...Cyber Monday.

That's what I was thinking...."Shelby" only might be larger script...and vehicle is already known as an SGT, and too much of a good thing is...well, too much.

thanks for the input...I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these either way tomorrow...Cyber Monday.

I think you made the right decision. Be sure to post pictures!

Archived