TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting New Tires Tomorrow Morning

Taking the SGT in for new tires tomorrow morning. I was looking at a couple of the big names, Firestone, Continental, Goodyear, and Michelin. Well my Dad went and talked to a local tire shop that he's been going to for years and he highly recommended Cooper Zeon RS3-A. Supposedly he's put them on anything from classic Shelby's to new GT500's. I was still a little skeptical, but I looked around online and any of the reviews I've found are very complimentary and I guess it's tied for first in consumer reports as well. I'm just anxious to see how the car handles with some good new rubber on it. Really easy to slip the back end right now.

What size and price, if you don't mind? And please let us know what you think of them... THANKS!

I'll get back to you on the price, I'm going with the stock size.

I'd guess the positive reviews were not by certain police-oriented evaluators:

http://www.s197forum...ead.php?t=72588

You made me real nervous, but its a different type of tire. Same brand, but not the same model. I'll know better in 24 hours if I should have been more nervous right now haha...

What size and price, if you don't mind? And please let us know what you think of them... THANKS!

$185 per tire balanced and mounted. The shop was great, they really took their time and babied it! HOWEVER, they did find the lovely ball joints that I've now discovered is an issue. Had to get all new A-Arms, as the old ball joints were absolutely shot. I'll be going to a Ford dealership some time in the near future to see if they'll do anything to help make this right. (Obviously I don't expect them to pay for everything since it was a different shop that did the work, but Ford charged a 10% markup on the parts, plus a freight charge... all to replace their own known defective part! Sweet Ford!)

As for the tires, I really like them so far, but haven't done anything but straight line driving since so I can't offer a very good review on them yet.

Archived