TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PIAA lights brake duct kit

Any tips on installing this kit? I just bought the set and did not see where I can plug in the lights to a factory harness, What am I missing? Any tips would be appreciated. 07SGT3835

• 1 month later...

This ought to help...

Break_and_Light_Install_Instructions_s.pdf

The wife bought the Brake Duct/fog light bezels and PIAA lights for me for Xmas. Installed them yesterday. Many thanks to 07SGT0547 for posting the installation instructions. As usual it was too much to ask for shelby to include these or post them to the area where you purchase online like many of the other sites do. Installing them without would have been painful.

It was actually easier to install the cams in the car then it was to add these. Cutting the holes in the lower facia was not fun, and the wife couldn't even stand to watch. In the end everything went together well (thankfully). Glad that Shelby decided to sell them again.

post-30105-0-66318600-1325287121_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-66318600-1325287121_thumb.jpg

Looks great! How long did it take approx from start to finish?

Started around 12pm finished around 11pm. That's with meals and plenty of breaks. The longest part was fitting the bezel. Cutting the holes and then finishing it with the dremel was a long proccess, and kind of scary.

I think it would have taken way less time as well if the lights were plug and play. You have a choice of 1) either hard wiring the whole thing in or 2) cutting the stock quick disconnect off and replacing them with the PIAA quick disconnect that came on the harness. I thought about going to the junk yard to see if I could find a wrecked stang and cut the fog light wires but that really is the same thing as option number 2.

I would say somewhere between 5-8 hours with clean up of the mess and putting up all the tools. Still worth it though.

This is definitely something that should not be rushed or it can lead to some serious frustration.

Jeff

Well, I finally got to the brake duct kit today. I must say it is a process. I printed Gregg's directions and decided to change a few things. I cut out the circle in the template and used a sharpie to draw the circles. I started using a dremel but found it melts the facia material. I then drilled on the line using a 3/16" bit. I then used a quality exacto knife and cut out the center. It took me about 1.5 hrs to cut and fit each side. I also had to modify my lower aluminum grill and made a bracket to screw together together with the hex screw in the kit. Bottom line the kit looks great on the car. Tomorrow I will attempt the wiring and mounting the brackets. I will post a picture when I am done..

Bottom line the kit looks great on the car. Tomorrow I will attempt the wiring and mounting the brackets. I will post a picture when I am done..

They do look great and I'm glad to see them back! Did you buy the lower grill? I got the black one for the bottom and it looks great...the lights pop.

The wife bought the Brake Duct/fog light bezels and PIAA lights for me for Xmas. Installed them yesterday. Many thanks to 07SGT0547 for posting the installation instructions. As usual it was too much to ask for shelby to include these or post them to the area where you purchase online like many of the other sites do. Installing them without would have been painful.

It was actually easier to install the cams in the car then it was to add these. Cutting the holes in the lower facia was not fun, and the wife couldn't even stand to watch. In the end everything went together well (thankfully). Glad that Shelby decided to sell them again.

Looks great ,,,be careful not to rain them in the rain ,,might pop glass cover lens ,,the lights get kinda hot when on a while ,,just saying ,,but PIAA has replacement parts on there web ,,,

000144-R1-18-17A.jpg

000144-R1-18-17A.jpg

Looks great ,,,be careful not to rain them in the rain ,,might pop glass cover lens ,,the lights get kinda hot when on a while ,,just saying ,,but PIAA has replacement parts on there web ,,,

,,Here is a nite shoot :camera: ,just taken last week ,,,as you can see ,,I hate dark roads ,,, :hysterical2: ,,,,403171_2728849373079_1012550123_2852095_442057142_n.jpg

403171_2728849373079_1012550123_2852095_442057142_n.jpg

any pics from underneath would be appreciated i started to put mine on tonight i have the cover off the car because i am putting in an intercooler for the 550 hp kit. I am trying to figure out where the little tin brackets go and then where the big aluminum brackets go. Help Thanks!

any pics from underneath would be appreciated i started to put mine on tonight i have the cover off the car because i am putting in an intercooler for the 550 hp kit. I am trying to figure out where the little tin brackets go and then where the big aluminum brackets go. Help Thanks!

Jon,

My lower driving lights were installed at SAI when the car was new. Since you're fairly close to me, you can take a look at mine sometime if you wish. Sorry, I can't get you any pictures right now as the car is in winter storage.

Dave

is this the new kit we have been waiting for?

I would say this is the Kit that is the same as the original. Nice molded plastic bezel with the cs logo in the middle of the bezel and the mesh for the brake cooling all one piece. Seemed pretty strong when I was installing them.

Definitely not the junky one that another member received and described when they changed a year+ or so ago to something locally made.

I can take some pics of underneath the car in the bracket area later today if you still need them.

Jeff

Here are a few ,,641609-R1-02-1A.jpg

thank you all

You're welcome, brother!

Jer

• 2 months later...

Looks like a piaa 510. So whats the difference between that and the one at the Shelby store? Could some 510s work?

They are the same thing, if you're talking about the current lights that Shelby sells for the brake duct bezels, not the old ones that fit in the CS 6/8 grill, those were discontinued.

The new ones are the 510's you can get them on ebay for about $50 less then Shelby sells them for. I was extremely PO'ed when I found this out. My wife was doing something nice and got them for me. She didn't know any better and ordered them from Shelby. Could have used the 50 on something else for the car.

Anyway I can take a pic of the box or give you the exact model# when I get Home today. I left it in my garage when I finished installing them.

You might have to get the mounting bracket from shelby. If I remember right it was $8.00, If there out of stock let me know if you need one. I want to say that I have an extra set. the wife wasn't sure if they came with the kit from shelby and ordered an extra one just in case.

Jeff

I have an '07 CS so the old ones I guess. Part# or pic of the box would help a lot. Thanks! I do need the mounting brackets too then, what do you want for them? Also, did your lights come with that piaa black mesh cover? I just want to make sure it's easily removable or if piaa sells others without it.

I have an '07 CS so the old ones I guess. Part# or pic of the box would help a lot. Thanks! I do need the mounting brackets too then, what do you want for them? Also, did your lights come with that piaa black mesh cover? I just want to make sure it's easily removable or if piaa sells others without it.

Came with the plastic cover on it, pops right off. I thought the same thing when I opened the box.

Archived