TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

Tony,

I understand and appreciate your hard work and that of the other team members and your attention to detail. I agree it's definitely best to get it right the first time, so we'll wait until you guys are good and ready.

Colin

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***IMPORTANT*** When you register with Carlisle Events for the vehicle registration portion of the event PLEASE make sure that you both use the TEAM SHELBY registration option and choose the appropriate Shelby class to register in. The Guinness World record officials will use the registration data along with verifying you car by VIN or registration sticker. So, they MUST have the correct pre-registration information that they can physically check against your vehicle in order to qualify it as part of the world record. If your registration info is not correct please call Carlisle events soon to correct it. The offical verification process is exact and there is no room for error when qualifying for the world event. Being that this is the initial world record attempt for the largest gathering of Shelbys the process is a bit more complex as far as verifying actual car counts go.When we (and we WILL :) ) make the world record your vehicle will be listed in the record and you will be issued official documentation as being part of the largest Shelby gathering in the world.

Also, just a reminder that if you haven't already registered with Carlisle events please use the "Team Shelby Northeast" selection on the registration page. From now until 1/3/2012 there is an early bird discount so if you are planning on going then there is no reason not to register now and save a few $$.

OK I registered.. Where is the big page to spend my money? Hotel? Do they have Suites? big ones? I like space!!!...Pete

Thanks Pete. We will be happy to have you at the 50th. You can book your suite after I pick mine. Lol

Details will be forthcoming - just pump money into mods for now to keep you sane. Happy friggin winter - btw.

Just signed up on the Carlisle site for the show and parade. Another Great Lakes region member. I plan on doing the whole event, including WV track days. I'll be taking the scenic route from Cincinnati. US 50 goes right to Winchester, straight shot east for 400 miles, about 8 hrs of driving. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning, if anyone wants to join me or meet me somewhere along the way.

I also plan to go up to the SAAC event at Watkins Glen the following weekend. It's 190 miles north of Carlisle. I have some friends in the Lancaster, Pa area and will visit them in between. A two week road trip and 1200 miles (plus track miles) celebrating Shelby, yahoo!! Can't wait.

Stoy

Stoy

Scott is leaving from Greenville Michigan on Tuesday for Winchester. My wife and I am leaving Coldwater Michigan on Sunday for Wilmington Ohio for a horse show. Will be leaving Wilmington on Monday and taking 35 over to 50 then 50 to 550 into Parkersbug and then jumping back on 50 to Winchester. Depending when and where we can pony up. We might take two days and just goof off or head straight and arrive Monday night. Send me a PM and we can go from there.

Okay all signed up for Carlisle event. Did not sign up for parade but will want to be in grand entrance.

Will be doing the poker run from Winchester.

Leaving for Texas on 26th of December for a week so hopefully you will have event hotels in both towns and everything ready to purchase prior to me going as I will have no internet where I am going and need to make sure I get everything booked. If not "Scott" said he will buy my tickets............Lets rumble

Stoy

Scott is leaving from Greenville Michigan on Tuesday for Winchester. My wife and I am leaving Coldwater Michigan on Sunday for Wilmington Ohio for a horse show. Will be leaving Wilmington on Monday and taking 35 over to 50 then 50 to 550 into Parkersbug and then jumping back on 50 to Winchester. Depending when and where we can pony up. We might take two days and just goof off or head straight and arrive Monday night. Send me a PM and we can go from there.

Looks like you'll be ahead of me if you're leaving Monday. You planning some stops along the way? My plans may change as things get closer. Let's stay in touch.

Stoy

Always up in the air. Will probably stay somewhere 1/2 way just for heck of it.

Send me a personal message and I will give you my cell number. We can always talk Tuesday since we are heading on same route.

This is looking to be bigger than even I expected ! All I can say is make sure to reserve your room (on the new site) and buy the VIP and/or track packages as soon as the 50th Northeast site goes live because everything will sell out quickly!

John will post the link as soon as it is go time :shift:

Any updates on this? Flying to Houston tomorrow for Christmas and probably won't have Internet access until next Tuesday. I would hate to miss this, but if the site isn't ready it isn't ready. I know you guys want to get it right. Is it likely to be a few days, weeks? Just trying to get an idea.

Colin

Any updates on this? Flying to Houston tomorrow for Christmas and probably won't have Internet access until next Tuesday. I would hate to miss this, but if the site isn't ready it isn't ready. I know you guys want to get it right. Is it likely to be a few days, weeks? Just trying to get an idea.

Colin

Colin,

Enjoy your Christmas and relax :) Just working on some final details. No worries at all as I believe it will be 100% set to go live by 12/31. Check the Northeast forum as soon as you get back on Tuesday for any announcement and link for the site. Have a great Holiday!

Andy

Awesome, few others are coming from the south so far sure there will be more as time goes on. Sounds like the cruise in from the south is going to rock.

This sounds like one awesome event and I would love to be part of the largest gathering of Shelby's, this will be well worth trailering up from Florida. Will there be a trailer parking area near the Shelby vehicle parking? Looking forward seeing the Northern guys again, the 40th Anniversary brothers, that guy from Michigan with the black SGT, Chad with his new Boss and all the others.

Don

IMG_1056.jpg

This sounds like one awesome event and I would love to be part of the largest gathering of Shelby's, this will be well worth trailering up from Florida. Will there be a trailer parking area near the Shelby vehicle parking? Looking forward seeing the Northern guys again, the 40th Anniversary brothers, that guy from Michigan with the black SGT, Chad with his new Boss and all the others.

Don

IMG_1056.jpg

Don,

There is free trailer parking at the hotel about 15 minutes away from the showgrounds. There is also trailer parking available at the showgrounds about 1/4 from the show field itself for a nominal fee. If you do want a trailer spot at the showgrounds you should reserve one now through the Carlisle events website as they do sell out usually by early spring.

Archived