TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mrs. & Me plan to drive up from Florida for this event, very excited! :banvictory:

Awesome! Another Gator...

I'm driving to the 50th in Vegas. Then they announce this one. I can't help but do it! It's less than 150miles for me. :dance:

See you there.

:salute:

Sorry, must have missed it but where do we sign up, On Carlisle's site?

It's really a multi step process.

First you need to register at Carlisle for the Ford Nationals. This covers the Carlisle portion of the event but NOT the VIP events.

Here is the link for the Carlisle registration page: http://store.carlisl...ults.asp?Cat=24 Please choose the 2nd option labled " 2012 Carlisle Ford Nationals Team Shelby Northeast 50th Anniversary Celebration"

Once you have registered with Carlisle then you will need to also register for one of the earlier mentioned VIP/50th Celebration event packages. The 50th site listing all of the details, VIP tickets, Team Shelby hotel info, etc will be available to view soon (Mid-December).

Less than 6 months away!!! :)

Can't believe I just found this thread by luck. Somehow it managed to escape me since it was posted!

I'll be signing up for this. I already have my room reserved.

I registered for Carlisle but did not register for the parade. Should we sign up for the parade if we are going to purchase a Shelby package?

Package 3 has 2 tickets to the Team Shelby down town Carlisle parade party. Was not sure if this included the parade.

Also will the Shelby members that will not be going on the Winchester to Carlisle cruise be meeting up with the group so that we can be part of the Grand Entrance on Friday?

My wife and I will be leaving Rochester, NY on Thursday if anyone from Canada, or the Buffalo, NY area wants to cruise with us. We live about 30min from Niagra Falls and will be taking route 15 & 17

Dave.

I registered for Carlisle but did not register for the parade. Should we sign up for the parade if we are going to purchase a Shelby package?

Package 3 has 2 tickets to the Team Shelby down town Carlisle parade party. Was not sure if this included the parade.

Also will the Shelby members that will not be going on the Winchester to Carlisle cruise be meeting up with the group so that we can be part of the Grand Entrance on Friday?

My wife and I will be leaving Rochester, NY on Thursday if anyone from Canada, or the Buffalo, NY area wants to cruise with us. We live about 30min from Niagra Falls and will be taking route 15 & 17

Dave.

Hey Dave, Yes, you will need to also register for the parade with Carlisle. Carlisle is opening the parade to 400 vehicles so you will need to add the parade to your Carlisle registration. Give Barb a call at Carlisle Events 717-243-7855 and ask her to add the parade option to your registration. The Team Shelby downtown party (after the parade) is seperate from the regular parade and is the part of the VIP package that is additional from the Carlisle parade.

I think meeting up with the Track owners is a great idea. We are antcipating a grand entrance at about 9 AM that Friday of the track owners. Traditionally the show field is set up and owners are in place by then. We will drive the main route through the middle of the show and park/stage our cars after the show is set up with the other Fords. There are several nice areas to "catch up" with the caravan prior to entering Carlisle. I'm sure many NY owners will be making the trip so it could be a huge entrance!

All registered with Carlisle. Waiting "patiently" for the links for the event registration and hotels. :headspin:

Just waiting on some last details and links from the track and host hotels so we can complete and test the web site should be all finished by the holidays. Thanks for your patients, it's will be worth the wait :victory:

Signed up for Carlise today , then i found this topic. Did not sign up for parade but I do want to be parked with all the other Shelby's.

Also waiting on hotel info. Like the idea of the secure parking. Don

Welcome aboard! You will be parked with the Shelbys no matter what. Did you choose the Team Shelby option to register with Carlisle? This is so the layout can be manipulated to accomodate the various Shelby classes.

Talked with the Carlisle hotel today and due to the volume and value of cars staying there we will have off duty local Police for round-the-clock security of the parking lots. No worries at all about security either at the hotels or the events.

So, am I reading that there are frustrated 'Vert owners out there possibly looking

for opportunities to co-drive at the Summit?

-Tom

I am hoping Tom they will let me drive without the roll cage as long as I am good boy and let others lap me. LOL

Clff

Welcome aboard! You will be parked with the Shelbys no matter what. Did you choose the Team Shelby option to register with Carlisle? This is so the layout can be manipulated to accomodate the various Shelby classes.

Yes I did check the "Team Shelby " box, also MCA box as a Ford club member.

Talked with the Carlisle hotel today and due to the volume and value of cars staying there we will have off duty local Police for round-the-clock security of the parking lots. No worries at all about security either at the hotels or the events.

The below package will work for me. I already signed up for Carlisle before I even knew about Team Shelby NorthEast. As long as I have the Carlisle ticket and get my Team Shelby Ticket things will be fine, right? I am debating the cruise from WV to Carlisle. I may or may not do that.

John,

I sent you an email that I need another window sticker but never heard back from you......

2007shelbygt.jpg

Package 4- Package for One without Track Time $200.00*

This package includes:

1. Shelby Cruise from Winchester, VA to Carlisle, PA. Ending in a grand entrance to the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

2. One ticket to the Friday night “Shelby 50th Golden Celebration Party” Live entertainment, celebrity guests, food and beverage included. This will be an EPIC Shelby event.

3. Exclusive access to Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way ($20.00 per. Car entrance fee will apply)

4. One ticket to Saturday’s Shelby car show @ Carlisle including lunch, entertainment and Guinness World Records documenting history in the making. (Team Shelby and Carlisle Events are working with Guinness World Records to set the first record for the most Shelby’s gathered in one place.) This is sure to be a historic Shelby event.

5. One ticket to the Team Shelby Down Town Carlisle Parade Party. Hors d’ oeuvres are included. (Cash Bar)

6. One exclusive Shelby 50th East gift bag.

7. One Set of cool 50th decals for your car.

The below package will work for me. I already signed up for Carlisle before I even knew about Team Shelby NorthEast. As long as I have the Carlisle ticket and get my Team Shelby Ticket things will be fine, right? I am debating the cruise from WV to Carlisle. I may or may not do that.

Rev, Give Carlisle a call and ask to switch your registration to Team Shelby option. This will make laying out the showfield easier for us.

I signed up at Carlisle Events this morning. I've been waiting for over 4 years to attend one of these Shelby sponsored events and am really looking forward to it!

I am hoping Tom they will let me drive without the roll cage as long as I am good boy and let others lap me. LOL

Clff

I too certainly hope that you and the other 'vert owners get such an opportunity. I know that

everyone would want to drive their own cars for such a cool event. But if any 'vert owners were

going to show up anyway, I was wondering if there was any kind of semi-official list of available

co-drives that would have to be set up in advance.

-Tom

Looking forward to being part of history. Just registered with Carlisle for the the FORD weekend and as Team Shelby NE Club Participant. Waiting on Hotel information and answer to question sent to Summit Point Coordinator before signing up for a Package, I would like to do the Track and Poker Run.

Til June keep the "Sunny side and dirty side down".

Jim

2011 MCOM Xmas Parade Wht Marsh Cruzn.jpg

2011 MCOM Xmas Parade Wht Marsh Cruzn.jpg

It would be useful to see a map of the Poker Run route, including times for departure, arrival, maybe checkpoints (where we could join in), etc.

Just signed up on the Carlisle site for the show and parade. Another Great Lakes region member. I plan on doing the whole event, including WV track days. I'll be taking the scenic route from Cincinnati. US 50 goes right to Winchester, straight shot east for 400 miles, about 8 hrs of driving. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning, if anyone wants to join me or meet me somewhere along the way.

I also plan to go up to the SAAC event at Watkins Glen the following weekend. It's 190 miles north of Carlisle. I have some friends in the Lancaster, Pa area and will visit them in between. A two week road trip and 1200 miles (plus track miles) celebrating Shelby, yahoo!! Can't wait.

Stoy

Clff

Cliff,

I you wanna drive on the track at speed (I.e. not parade laps) you will need a four point bar. If you wanna drive a lot through the pits, you'll be ok as is. Lol.

Glad to have you on board.

Looking forward to being part of history. Just registered with Carlisle for the the FORD weekend and as Team Shelby NE Club Participant. Waiting on Hotel information and answer to question sent to Summit Point Coordinator before signing up for a Package, I would like to do the Track and Poker Run.

Til June keep the "Sunny side and dirty side down".

Jim

You will love Summit Point - ESP running the track with a bunch of Shelby's.

It would be useful to see a map of the Poker Run route, including times for departure, arrival, maybe checkpoints (where we could join in), etc.

John and I did begin working a route but it will need fine tuning when the weather hits spring. Actually we could use the assistance of someone that lives around the track or Carlisle to help out. Contact me if interested.

Just signed up on the Carlisle site for the show and parade. Another Great Lakes region member. I plan on doing the whole event, including WV track days. I'll be taking the scenic route from Cincinnati. US 50 goes right to Winchester, straight shot east for 400 miles, about 8 hrs of driving. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning, if anyone wants to join me or meet me somewhere along the way.

I also plan to go up to the SAAC event at Watkins Glen the following weekend. It's 190 miles north of Carlisle. I have some friends in the Lancaster, Pa area and will visit them in between. A two week road trip and 1200 miles (plus track miles) celebrating Shelby, yahoo!! Can't wait.

Stoy

Stoy,

Glad you can make it. I'm doing this event and SAAC 37 at the Glen also. Both will be great fun. Make sure you look for me and say Yo.

Archived