TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American 50th Celebration East

GT50040th

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was planning on coming but the Track portion for me will not work since I have a vert without a rollbar. :speedie:

We would at least love to have you for the Carlisle event portion of it!

Wow, this has turned out to be as advertised...............a great event Only problem is the car I would want to take will be on a ship headed to Europe.

Thanks! And you've only read just a taste so far ! The VIP event will be unreal :) !! Enjoy the other trip of a lifetime though as the TS Europe run will be the "road/boat trip of a lifetime".

hi Guys, I have been follwing this announcement for a while and would like to attend. I will not be able to attend the track events because of other obligations but would love to come to Carlisle. My question is are the VIP sections and event for the over 21 crowd or are they going to be family friendly as I will have my 8yr old son and wife with me. Could you please post up what portions of the event that will be over 21 only so I can make a decision on whether to attend. Again I will not be doing the track portion. Thanks in advance Greg.

hi Guys, I have been follwing this announcement for a while and would like to attend. I will not be able to attend the track events because of other obligations but would love to come to Carlisle. My question is are the VIP sections and event for the over 21 crowd or are they going to be family friendly as I will have my 8yr old son and wife with me. Could you please post up what portions of the event that will be over 21 only so I can make a decision on whether to attend. Again I will not be doing the track portion. Thanks in advance Greg.

Hi Greg,

I believe there are age limitations for the on track portion but you said you weren't attending that so.... Carlisle Ford Nationals is a very family friendly event. The Shelby 50th event including the Friday Night VIP main event and the Saturday party will also be a family friendly event. Prior to entering the event you would need to show approved ID and get an authorized "over 21 ID" (most likely a wristband or similar). The adult beverage part ( both Friday night and Saturday night) of the event would probably be the only item your son couldn't participate in (plenty of soda and iced tea though :) ). Don't worry in the least though as I already know of several owners bringing families to the VIP event including several children. In fact my own wife and at that time 8 year old son will also be attending so no worries at all. It will be like all the 50th celebration stops in that regards. In that it will be mostly adults but some children as well. The only requirements for the children is they must have Shelby blood running through them LOL!

Hope to see your family there!

Andy

Hi Greg,

I believe there are age limitations for the on track portion but you said you weren't attending that so.... Carlisle Ford Nationals is a very family friendly event. The Shelby 50th event including the Friday Night VIP main event and the Saturday party will also be a family friendly event. Prior to entering the event you would need to show approved ID and get an authorized "over 21 ID" (most likely a wristband or similar). The adult beverage part ( both Friday night and Saturday night) of the event would probably be the only item your son couldn't participate in (plenty of soda and iced tea though :) ). Don't worry in the least though as I already know of several owners bringing families to the VIP event including several children. In fact my own wife and at that time 8 year old son will also be attending so no worries at all. It will be like all the 50th celebration stops in that regards. In that it will be mostly adults but some children as well. The only requirements for the children is they must have Shelby blood running through them LOL!

Hope to see your family there!

Andy

Thanks for getting back so quick, everything sounds like a go, just need to get tickets and hotel. Thanks again.

im not trying to complain about the prices , i am just trying to get a better understanding about everything.

I highly doubt I would be able to do the cruise from VA to PA and the drag part, so I would probably be only showing up to the fairgrounds. Is that just still $40 - Carlisle Fee? In theory I fall into Package 3 or 4 - depending if someone came with me. So I would still have to pay $200/300 for a gift bag and decals if I just showed up to the Fairgrounds?

This is where it throws me off, I have mentioned about what is going to happen with those that do not come on here(ie: the group of Shelby owners parked on the other side of the fairgrounds last summer) and if are you all going to get them to park with everyone else this upcoming summer....and you said yes. So if those people dont pay the extra $200/300 for a package they wont be able to be a part of the Shelby events that is going to happen on the fairgrounds?

I hope I dont sound confusing, like i said, i am just trying to get a better understanding

im not trying to complain about the prices , i am just trying to get a better understanding about everything.

I highly doubt I would be able to do the cruise from VA to PA and the drag part, so I would probably be only showing up to the fairgrounds. Is that just still $40 - Carlisle Fee? In theory I fall into Package 3 or 4 - depending if someone came with me. So I would still have to pay $200/300 for a gift bag and decals if I just showed up to the Fairgrounds?

This is where it throws me off, I have mentioned about what is going to happen with those that do not come on here(ie: the group of Shelby owners parked on the other side of the fairgrounds last summer) and if are you all going to get them to park with everyone else this upcoming summer....and you said yes. So if those people dont pay the extra $200/300 for a package they wont be able to be a part of the Shelby events that is going to happen on the fairgrounds?

I hope I dont sound confusing, like i said, i am just trying to get a better understanding

Nope , not confusing at all.

Ok, so $40 gets you admission to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle. As I said before ALL Shelbys are getting parked in one area near the center of the Midway/ Grand stage area. This is because, while a Team Shelby/Shelby American/Ford event, we want ALL Shelbys included in the Guinness World Record Count regardless of club affiliation. There will only be a single Shelby area in 2012 and will be marked clearly as such on all required documents and maps. For the $40 you get the standard Carlisle admission access but will not be able to participate in the Friday night VIP event ( With outstanding food and drink), the Saturday morning event, Saturday afternoon TS lunch and party ( with VIPs) or the Saturday night party downtown. To be able to participate in any event other than the Carlisle Ford Nationals you would need to choose a package stated in the first post.

The tickets will be very limited so out of the hundreds and hundreds of Shelbys that will attend only a portion of those owners will actually be able to attend the seperate 50th celebration events but will still park with us and still be a part of the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

Is a link for the event going to be posted here ?

If not where will we find the web site ?

Will the hotel info be located with this web site or posted here ?

Thanks

Yes, the link to the 50th east site will be posted here once it goes live in mid December. All the hotel info will be located at that site. Also, I'm sure any additional info will also be re-posted here as welll

Count me in on this event..

Have a vert with no protection so will not drive if they will not let me, however will be there for the entire event to watch everyone else and just drool.

Scott and I both are coming so keep the information rolling as I want to book as soon as the opportunity is there.

Cliff

Scott and I both are coming so keep the information rolling as I want to book as soon as the opportunity is there.

Yes we are! :shift:

Road Trip from Michigan!

Anyone else in the area wanna join in on the roadtrip?

John and I are in Winchester Virginia tonight putting the final touches the hotel and the track. We will post details here and a link to the event web site before Christmas. Downtown Winchester is the perfect setting for the Team Shelby folks to enjoy the culture of the region - and some high speed thrills at Summit Point.

Have a vert with no protection so will not drive if they will not let me, however will be there for the entire event to watch everyone else and just drool.

Cliff

Cliff

Yes we are! :shift:

Road Trip from Michigan!

Anyone else in the area wanna join in on the roadtrip?

That's great news that our mid western brothers are making the trip! You gentlemen are in for a once in a lifetime event!

You could still beat me in the KR while driving the Fiat! I just want to see the GP VS TS showdown at the track...

Mr. P wins hands down. Pro vs. amateur. GP is a pro! I'll try my hardest thought as that is the only way I know, especially the first couple of sessions while the big cheese is still learning the track. Maybe early on he won't lap me!

Archived