TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Exhaust.

11Snake

Looking for suggestions for axle back exhaust only, as I don't want to have to retune car to get a more aggressive sound than " stock Super Snake". I have 800 HP KB 3.6LC and i find the exhaust too quiet for me. Not many Super Snake videos of axle back change only. I heard a Bassani axle back only (# 5411SR5) on a 2011 GT500 that I liked the aggressive tone of, but again may sound different on my car? Part of the problem is 2011's have different mounting locations than 2010's so not many available yet. Any Super Snake owners with axle back only that could give me some direction? Thanks in advance.

Looking for suggestions for axle back exhaust only, as I don't want to have to retune car to get a more aggressive sound than " stock Super Snake". I have 800 HP KB 3.6LC and i find the exhaust too quiet for me. Not many Super Snake videos of axle back change only. I heard a Bassani axle back only (# 5411SR5) on a 2011 GT500 that I liked the aggressive tone of, but again may sound different on my car? Part of the problem is 2011's have different mounting locations than 2010's so not many available yet. Any Super Snake owners with axle back only that could give me some direction? Thanks in advance.

Cat delete with Borla Touring Mufflers.

The Borla Touring Mufflers sound great for normal driving and when you hit the skinny pedal they rock!

I went with ARH with Hi flow cats and the stock Borla touring mufflers and love the sound but, a few guys just went with the KR mufflers and like the sound

You know I have to admit after seeing your dyno videos, out of all the exhaust sounds of a super snake, your car sounds the most aggressive. Even more than JBA's. I want to get similar setup only to modify the touring mufflers to sound a bit in between the touring an the Borla S mufflers. Then add an entire 3 inch system and it wiould be perfect! :shift:

Is the whole premise for tuning after installing new exhaust, just for the sound or is it for other reasons? I was unclear as to why this was necessary because even at Shelby they have a separate tune when installing headers in the mod shop.

It is necessary to retune for headers and/or mid pipe because they will lean out your air to fuel ratio to an unsafe level for your engine. It's also necessary to retune to get the additional power gain (adding fuel) from the extra air flow that these parts provide. Just axle backs do not affect the air flow enough to retune, they're mainly for the sound. I do not feel comfortable with local speed shops in my area messing with the Shelby's tune period. Just want to do axle backs for a more aggressive sound with out having to retune. I know headers and mostly the mid pipe would change the sound also, but not worth it to me being in this area.

Archived