TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saw a interesting Grabber Blue GT500 at a Ford dealer today

Cdvision

I'm partial to the blue stripes myself......just sayin!!

I like the Black/Blue combo on Barry's car too.

When the SVTPP color combo's were first announced I just could not imagaine them looking good. Upon seeing them, I like them....a lot.

I LOVE the Kona Blue & Red combo. Same with Barry's Black & Blue combo.

And a Grabber Blue car with matte black stripes has to be my favorite.

The only thing I don't like about the GB/Bl/wt car in the photo is that the stripes look too glossy. I think if they were more of a matte black the car would look GREAT. The white accent stripes are a *little* too "stark" for my liking but I can't picture any other color going well with the GB & Bl. Maybe more of a "Ivory" or "Creme" (tone down the WHITE).

I also didn't think I'd like the narrow SVTPP stripes and in fact, when they first came out I didn't. But they have grown on me and now I really like them. There is a White 2012 GT500 with Red SVTPP stripes at the showroom of Phil Long Ford in CoS and I LOVE that color combo. If I go with a 2013 and they offer that color, I may very well go with it. Red/white is my second favorite, other than the aforementioned Grabber Blue/Blk. cars.

One man's trash is another man's treasure,

Phill

Hey Cd....Saw that one too at Sherwood Ford; pretty sharp car!

You kicking yourself yet for coming back to Edmonton after last week's nice cold snap??? lol.

Todays warm temp made up for the cold snap. Lol

Pretty nice place for sure and once they get their lots organized & paved, it will look pretty impressive. I think they'll be expanding with other buildings too from what I heard.

One problem with Sherwood Ford (formerly Healy Ford) is that they always seem to have stiff ADM's. But that seems to be the norm for dealers in Alberta. They don't do the employee/family pricing on the SVT stuff...where as the dealers in Vancouver did.

I got lucky in July when I picked up my car...I was just going in to get an up & close look at the Shelby's at Sherwwod and was going to the U.S. to buy. They had employee pricing on though which I guess is typically unheard of for SVT like you said CD. Anyway, that's the big reason why I ended up buying there because of the savings with that being offered.

I got lucky in July when I picked up my car...I was just going in to get an up & close look at the Shelby's at Sherwwod and was going to the U.S. to buy. They had employee pricing on though which I guess is typically unheard of for SVT like you said CD. Anyway, that's the big reason why I ended up buying there because of the savings with that being offered.

Nice!! That's pretty rare from those guys. Any mods done or planned for your beast? I'm just waiting for our house in Sherwood Park to finish being built......don't know if I'll have any mod money left by spring. Lol

Any mods done or planned for your beast? I'm just waiting for our house in Sherwood Park to finish being built......don't know if I'll have any mod money left by spring. Lol

I'm in the opposite position of you Cdvision - I'm finally all done with debt and the car payments...SO NICE! So I'm currently building up the new tires and FRPP 660hp TVS supercharger kit fund! Will probably get it in time for spring.

The only thing I don't like about the GB/Bl/wt car in the photo is that the stripes look too glossy. I think if they were more of a matte black the car would look GREAT. The white accent stripes are a *little* too "stark" for my liking but I can't picture any other color going well with the GB & Bl. Maybe more of a "Ivory" or "Creme" (tone down the WHITE).

I found the answer to my own question....

I saw a car with black stripes and SILVER accent stripes. That would do the trick for the car in the OP's first post (Grabber Blue w/Black strips & WHITE accents).

Silver would tone down the "stark" look the white gives the black stripes.

Phill

I'm in the opposite position of you Cdvision - I'm finally all done with debt and the car payments...SO NICE! So I'm currently building up the new tires and FRPP 660hp TVS supercharger kit fund! Will probably get it in time for spring.

My car is paid for.......it's the new house that's not. Lol

• 3 months later...

They still had this car in January, but it got kicked out of the showroom by that time.

photo-13.jpg

I was there a couple weeks ago and didn't see it. I sure hope this latest round of snow we got leaves fast. I'm itching to get my car out on the road!!

I was there a couple weeks ago and didn't see it. I sure hope this latest round of snow we got leaves fast. I'm itching to get my car out on the road!!

The snow should be gone by the end of the week when it hits +12.

My lethal performance order should be here on Monday; but I don't think my car will be out until late April/early May.

The snow should be gone by the end of the week when it hits +12.

My lethal performance order should be here on Monday; but I don't think my car will be out until late April/early May.

What kind of stuff did you order? I probably won't have mine out until the end of April. I have to get an out of province inspection done (probably at Freedom Ford).

It's annoying that the CP setting won't let me change my location to Edmonton....I don't live in Vancouver anymore!!!

What kind of stuff did you order? I probably won't have mine out until the end of April. I have to get an out of province inspection done (probably at Freedom Ford).

It's annoying that the CP setting won't let me change my location to Edmonton....I don't live in Vancouver anymore!!!

I got a intercooler/radiator tank, Aeroforce interceptor gauge, and a Pypes muffler delete kit from them.

A radiator cover from Bangastang.

Then hood struts from Shelby, soon.

I have heard good things about Freedom Ford's shop.

I haven't had any work done at either SVT dealer in Edmonton; but I have heard negative things about Healy's (now Sherwood) shop.

I had purchased a SVT Focus and my dad purchased a Raptor through the old Healy Ford. Good sales department, just heard some negative stories about the shop.

Archived