TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wrecked shelby

15modracer

I am looking to buy a wrecked 07 Shelby GT..... Looking for a black one.......Don't want something destroyed beyond repair..........Just taking a shot in the dark that someone here could possibly help!!!

Try this one.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e2s1&lotId=25558141&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

I appreciate your response! From looking it does look like a shelby but the special note in the bottom left hand says it's not a shelby!!! I'm really wanting a stick shift.....Thanks alot!!!

Automatic or not, this sure does look like a SGT to me from the pics :camera:

Have to contact SA and have them run the VIN just to make sure...

However, when you print out the Original Window Sticker, it does show that this car did come with the 54U Upfit Package

Ford Window Sticker

I'm "guessing" that the Special Note should have said "Not a Shelby GT500..." :finger:

You are probably right about it should have said not Gt 500......If it's not a true shelby it looks like the clone was'nt missing much........It looked like it did have the shelby plaqe on the dash!!! I do appreciate your time.......Thanks

These auction places are so used to seeing GT500's that when they see a SGT with the smaller non-sc'd motor they think its a fake. It doesn't help when the SGT VIN number decodes as just a Mustang GT where a GT500 VIN number decodes as a Shelby.

Honest mistake that actually works in the buyers favor.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know SGT 0128.......I ended up buying that car at copart down in Mississippi today.......Transport is supposed to show up next week with it!!! Did'nt really want an automatic but tired of looking and waiting for the super deal!!! I own my own bodyshop and this one does'nt look hurt.....I'll post pics when it's done!!!

I own a bodyshop and buy alot of builders, repair and resale them! The Shelby looks to be a pretty easy fix and I'm looking forward to it's arrival although i don't know when I'll be able to get it in for repairs as my shop is very busy!! It will have to set with my 3 69 mach 1s and my 73 convertible but it is going in as soon as possible, i want it cleaned up and looking good again and am thinking about a few upgrades, nothing real major, maybe a gt500 spoiler, back window scoops, and thinking about gold stripes! Have'nt really decided that I really want to change it from it's originality...

congrats, make sure you register it in the registry. If it has been registered already, just let me know and I will have the info changed manually. There is a link to both my email, and the registry in my signature. I am looking forward to seeing it complete.

Just wanted to let you know SGT 0128.......I ended up buying that car at copart down in Mississippi today.......Transport is supposed to show up next week with it!!! Did'nt really want an automatic but tired of looking and waiting for the super deal!!! I own my own bodyshop and this one does'nt look hurt.....I'll post pics when it's done!!!

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

I'm in Nickerson Kansas......About 60 miles west of wichita.....Got some really bad news last week when trying to start the car.......The right bank cam gear had come loose and jumped time musta had a valve hit a piston and put a hole in it cause most of the oil was in the exhaust......gonna pull the motor and put it in the corner.....just had the new motor show up from Ohio yesterday.....10,000 miles out of an early 07 GT.....Just a little set back........The car is #3483.......anyone got any tips on changing one of these motors??

Archived