TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby: Current Forum Version Being Retired

robertlane

The current version of Team Shelby has run its course and a new version is ready as a replacement. The new version will be similar to what you're now familiar with, however, it will be cleaner, smoother and faster.

I had originally intended to have the new version running by now, but the introduction of the 2013s, T-Day sale and 50th Bash ticket sales pushed it back a little. The last thing that I wanted was to have the forums changed over during this time because I don't need > :finger::rant2::slapfight::doh:

I'm planning on rolling the new version out this coming Wednesday.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure things will look differently. In general I'm OK with things as they are because I get used to a particular navigation sequence of mouse clicks, but I'm constantly reminded that "change is good (you go first)". Of course we've all survived at least three make overs. It'll be different but I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

The current version of Team Shelby has run its course and a new version is ready as a replacement. The new version will be similar to what you're now familiar with, however, it will be cleaner, smoother and faster.

I had originally intended to have the new version running by now, but the introduction of the 2013s, T-Day sale and 50th Bash ticket sales pushed it back a little. The last thing that I wanted was to have the forums changed over during this time because I don't need > :finger::rant2::slapfight::doh:

I'm planning on rolling the new version out this coming Wednesday.

Will the change over be mostly transparent or will we need to re-register? :headscratch:

This has been a good one but I guess you'll need to update it to keep up with the new 2013 Shelby GT-500 (LOL).

Just remember...these guys work hard....so if you discover a bug, (in Microsoft fashion) it's a feature, not a flaw. LMAO.gif

All kidding aside guys, for those that aren't techno nerds, something of this size may have a hiccup or two, so just be calm and if you see it a second time, than perhaps I'd think about reporting it.

I can't remember the last time I ran into major issues with this site. It has to be one of the best maintained sites around, all except the window to Donate to TexasShelby Mod Fund is missing again.

Perhaps that will be fixed in the new release. Pondering.gif

Just remember...these guys work hard....so if you discover a bug, (in Microsoft fashion) it's a feature, not a flaw. LMAO.gif

So THAT'S where Harley-Davidson got that business practice from!

Phill

Does this mean StangsUnleashed is returning ? :hysterical:

:worship:

I'm sure things will look differently. In general I'm OK with things as they are because I get used to a particular navigation sequence of mouse clicks, but I'm constantly reminded that "change is good (you go first)". Of course we've all survived at least three make overs. It'll be different but I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

The site will look remarkably close, however, more streamlined, less clutter and faster.

Will the change over be mostly transparent or will we need to re-register? :headscratch:

This has been a good one but I guess you'll need to update it to keep up with the new 2013 Shelby GT-500 (LOL).

It will be transparent.

Is this going to fix the centered posts and text? And the frequent database errors?

Yes

The big question..... will there be any threads or topics deleted? There is a lot of good information deep in these forums

I still miss the "Ask Amy" threads. There was a lot of good info lost there.

We're not going to delete anything.

No threads are going away. Glitchs will be fixed and enhancements made. It will be an upgrade. :happy feet:

Correct. More mod tools too :)

Team Shelby will be updated on 23 November from 8:00 - 12:30 PM PST.

Some features of this site may not be available during this time.

I'll post my most ridiculous rants and trash then.

Kidding.

Jer

It looks like it's on the air now. A couple of things.

• The fonts and display are quite a lot larger. It used to fit nicely into a window, now there is a scroll bar to see everything.
  • The "Search" area "floats" over various places depending on window size.
  • The "View New Content" button at the top forum level used to have a companion "View Today's Topics" (or something like that, it would show all of the content, seen or not, over the last 24 hours. Very useful built in search.
  • The "view new content" list used to be very compact with lots of content per window without scrolling. It's got the same content, reorganized, but very "spacey". Less than half the content of the previous version. Edit: I see it - it's in the left column pane as a 24 hour check box. Going back to strictly unseen is tricky: there is a hidden button that does not display above the 24 hour one.
  • The "mark all read" option is missing from the View New Content display.

Lots of random data base errors and other stuff that I assume will get ironed out over time.

Only been here for about 20 minutes. Like what I am seeing. Really had been wondering about my web browser in I would never see the emmotions items. They had been always in words only.

Need to find a picture post to see if it opens direct. Having to copy and then paste in browser was getting aggravating.

Hoorah! :angel: Robert.

DrKSGT

So far I like the feel of the upgrade. I'm sure they'll be some kinks that need to be sorted out but I like so far.

twobjshelbys - hopefully those items can be sorted out. Although I like the fonts & they don't spread across the display. Double check you're settings & I'm using XP @ the moment. Will check it out on W7.

Cheers,

Moncho

Robert. The mobile version rocks!!

Not on an Android Phone... Lots and lots of "header" errors... Not to mention it is the exact same format as what's seen on the FULL web browser... WAY to much info for a 4.3" screen to display... Old "mobile" format was MUCH easier to see and navigate... But give it time and I'm sure all the bugs will be worked out... THANKS Robert!

Archived