TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby: Current Forum Version Being Retired

robertlane

A dark star means that you started the topic. A light star means that you posted in that topic.

I tried to arrange the emoticons or group them together based on their "mood" - laughing, mad, sad, driving, etc. It should make them easier to find if they are based on groups and the most popular emoticons appear first in the lineup.

What do you think?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A dark star means that you started the topic. A light star means that you posted in that topic.

I tried to arrange the emoticons or group them together based on their "mood" - laughing, mad, sad, driving, etc. It should make them easier to find if they are based on groups and the most popular emoticons appear first in the lineup.

What do you think?

That would be great.... if I could get them to load..... see attached...

FYI even when I go to the full version with the Enable icons radio button checked I can't get them.... :shrug: I know a few I can type...

post-25056-0-89562500-1322259707_thumb.jpg

post-25056-0-89562500-1322259707_thumb.jpg

Doug,

Try clicking on the top left icon that looks like a little light switch... That should give you back all the editing features you are looking for... From the screen shot, it appears that all you have available is the basic text mode editor... Good Luck!

post-8727-0-06581900-1322260276_thumb.jpg

Doug,

Try clicking on the top left icon that looks like a little light switch... That should give you back all the editing features you are looking for... From the screen shot, it appears that all you have available is the basic text mode editor... Good Luck!

Bingo!!! Thanks Gregg :yahoo::salute::woot::worship::shoppingcart_:

Can we get the spell-check feature back in the text editor?

Also, there don't seem to be nearly as many emoticons available as before...or I just don't know how to access them.

Z-man

Robert, When I go to open a thread, this is happening allot tonight:

www.teamshelby.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Robert, When I go to open a thread, this is happening allot tonight:

www.teamshelby.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Rob,

I completely lost page #5 in my TS-PCR thread here http://www.teamshelb...cisco-bay-area/ since the new skin launched.

Rob,

I completely lost page #5 in my TS-PCR thread here http://www.teamshelb...cisco-bay-area/ since the new skin launched.

I see that. It's odd that only page 5 does not work.

I was getting the not available message on page one of the attached thread. Odd that page 2 works:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71356-hotel-accommodations-for-the-50th-anniversary-celebration-shelby-run/page__fromsearch__1

Checking into this.

Robert,

I don't know if it's just me but the header for each section runs into itself now. I used to be able to go to the (for instance) GT500 section by clicking on the GT500 part of the "Team Shelby-GT500-2010 GT500" header, or go straight to the root directory ("Team Shelby") by clicking on the Team Shelby link.

Now I can see the "Team Shelby" part and the end part (i.e. 2010 GT500, Classifieds, etc.) but the middle of it is piled on top of each other. It's like the line is too long so it squishes it together but overlaps the text/links.

Is it me or is everyone else seeing it that way?

TIA,

Phill

So, are the contact icons (PM, Friend, etc) in the member info area gone forever or are they coming back? Or is it just me that can't see them any more? Will the rest of the info such as member area also be gone forever?

John

Robert,

I don't know if it's just me but the header for each section runs into itself now. I used to be able to go to the (for instance) GT500 section by clicking on the GT500 part of the "Team Shelby-GT500-2010 GT500" header, or go straight to the root directory ("Team Shelby") by clicking on the Team Shelby link.

Now I can see the "Team Shelby" part and the end part (i.e. 2010 GT500, Classifieds, etc.) but the middle of it is piled on top of each other. It's like the line is too long so it squishes it together but overlaps the text/links.

Is it me or is everyone else seeing it that way?

TIA,

Phill

I have exactly the issue that you described. Titles do overlap for me also.

Overall though, I like the new set up.Everything else works well for me.

The big question..... will there be any threads or topics deleted? There is a lot of good information deep in these forums

I still miss the "Ask Amy" threads. There was a lot of good info lost there.

When I fine a particularly informative post, (Grabber has posted several worth saving as have several others), I save it (the entire post) to my own data base along with a link to the original post and the name of the author. You can never tell when a web site will have data probs or the site will just crash. The link to the original post is real convenient for sharing especially those large posts. JMHO

As far as archived posts go and searching for them as Grabber has mentioned before, I think that the solution will be to cut the database into a few pieces by date. In this fashion, we'll be able to search for posts from the very beginning. We can't really do that now because it takes a lot of resources.

If you're having a header/text problem, can you please screenshot it - not seeing it on my end.

Looking at other reported issues ;)

I'm still not getting notification emails. Checked my spam box, changed my email address in my profile and still nothing. Is this just an issue with me or are others having a problem?

You're not alone...I haven't gotten any in several days. I just check "new content" every day.

John

If you're having a header/text problem, can you please screenshot it - not seeing it on my end.

Not sure if I know how to do this but, let me give it a try.....

Hmm, that didn't work. I hit the "print scn" button and it usually saves it to my clipboard then I just hit the paste. How do I turn it into a attachable format?

Lemme try pasting it to MS Paint and see if I can save it as a .gif or .jpg/.jpeg....

Crap, now I don't see a "attach" feature on my reply window. HA, got it...I think.

EDIT: @Robert; Note under the "Forum" tab where the section title runs into/overlaps itself.

Thanks,

Phill

post-26522-0-16314900-1322527432_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-16314900-1322527432_thumb.jpg

EDIT: as I stated earlier Robert it seems to be working okay now and I'm using IE.

It is still overlapping on mine. And now that someone pointed it out, along the bottom left footer too.

Hmm, only on the left side of the page, header and footer.

I'm using MS IE but can't remember which version....

Am I going to have to buy a Mac?

Phill

Archived