TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SPLASH GUARDS

Has anyone added splash guards to their SGT? Do the factory GT 500 splash guards fit? Any recommendation, photos? Thank you

I added a set of carbon fiber splash guards to my SGT, love them. No pictures of them per say, added them when I put on new wheels and tires, went to 20 inch Shelby CS 40 with 295 rear tires. They are GT500 items. You just remove the two screws that secure the inner fender liner to the rear valance, hold them in place and re-install the screws, took ten minutes. Rear tire do need to be off the car though. I got mine through CJ Pony Parts.

Has anyone added splash guards to their SGT? Do the factory GT 500 splash guards fit? Any recommendation, photos? Thank you

I just added them about a month ago... Picked up the SVT Wheels and Tires locally... So with the 285's on the back, I decided to add the splash guards... The clip and screw right into the factory mounting holes... I do recommend taking OFF the rear tires, unless you have a very tiny screw driver for the mounting screws...

Hardly notice them, but they do help keep the area behind the tires a little cleaner... Not as cheap as they used to be, but still available for less than $50 for the pair... Good Luck!

I just added them about a month ago... Picked up the SVT Wheels and Tires locally... So with the 285's on the back, I decided to add the splash guards... The clip and screw right into the factory mounting holes... I do recommend taking OFF the rear tires, unless you have a very tiny screw driver for the mounting screws...

Hardly notice them, but they do help keep the area behind the tires a little cleaner... Not as cheap as they used to be, but still available for less than $50 for the pair... Good Luck!

:camera:

If you want a pair I have my takeoffs, you can have them for what it cost to ship them to you.

I want them and thank you very much. Please send me an email and advise of the cost and I will give you the address. Again, thank you very much. You and many others on this site prove what a brotherhood we have as Shelby owners. We take the time to answer questions for each other, take photos, etc. Again, thank you very, very, much.

Searched & found these on ebay tonight:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-2009-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-GT-500-REAR-MUDFLAPS-SET-2-/260896339318?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbea23576

Should have purchased months ago, as every time I look the price just keeps going up

Searched & found these on ebay tonight:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-2009-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-GT-500-REAR-MUDFLAPS-SET-2-/260896339318?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbea23576

Should have purchased months ago, as every time I look the price just keeps going up

partscheap.com has a set.

Says they are OEM ford parts.

I will let you know.

part numbers

7R3Z-16A550-AA

7R3Z-16A550-AB

Great mod and when my 3 year old backed the car into the garage door spring, it saved the paint and fender. Best $30 bucks I ever spent and I had a little screwdriver : )

Mike

Great mod and when my 3 year old backed the car into the garage door spring, it saved the paint and fender. Best $30 bucks I ever spent and I had a little screwdriver : )

Mike

Day 1, ordered from partscheap.com Backordered.

Day X, buy from ebay.

partscheap.com has a set.

Says they are OEM ford parts.

I will let you know.

part numbers

7R3Z-16A550-AA

7R3Z-16A550-AB

Part numbers do check out on fordparts.com at 27.13 list. Their pictures sure look like they could be universal L/R versus being specific for each side.

Curious when you get them.

DrKSGT

I ordered mine from Miller Obsolete Parts for $19 each... For $48 total (including S&H), they were delivered to me in 2-3 days and were still in the FORD plastic packages... Each side is unique (AA vs AB part numbers), but they bolted right in... Just have to decide if you want to remove the rear wheels or use a right-angled screw driver...

You can call them at (607) 722-5371 or check out their inventory on-line at www.MillerObsoleteParts.net

Just make sure you enter the part number in their SEARCH function without the "-"...

This was my first time ordering from them, but I wouldn't hesitate to call them up in the future...

Dang, I can't believe how much they're charging for these, I ordered mine while my car was still in Vegas in November of '07, I paid $9 and change for the pair with our club discount! If I had known these would have gone up by this much I would have purchased 100 pairs.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine from Miller Obsolete Parts for $19 each... For $48 total (including S&H), they were delivered to me in 2-3 days and were still in the FORD plastic packages... Each side is unique (AA vs AB part numbers), but they bolted right in... Just have to decide if you want to remove the rear wheels or use a right-angled screw driver...

You can call them at (607) 722-5371 or check out their inventory on-line at www.MillerObsoleteParts.net

Just make sure you enter the part number in their SEARCH function without the "-"...

This was my first time ordering from them, but I wouldn't hesitate to call them up in the future...

I contacted Miller Obsolete Parts but they had already sold the last set :(

• 2 months later...

5002713928_0200fae83e_o.jpg

I didn't take the rear wheels off. Mr Craftsman's thirty-year-old ratcheting right-angle screwdriver worked fine (with patience and a steady hand).

Great minds think alike. Perfect tool. I have one marked "aero" with a cool airplane logo I stole from my Pops eons ago...works great in tight spots especially on light fixtures.

Great minds think alike. Perfect tool. I have one marked "aero" with a cool airplane logo I stole from my Pops eons ago...works great in tight spots especially on light fixtures.

Have to add my 02. This Craftsman tool did the trick for me without needing any finesse. Knurled outer diameter allowed one hand easy removal and install. Best 99 cent clearance barrel item from Sears.

Ordered mine from partscheap.com back when they were an option. He had run out and I paid the Ford price. Still happy I have them on the car now.

Pictures.

Before

After

Archived