TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR SURPLUS PARTS FOR SALE

robertlane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FedEx fellows dropped the new set of four KR rims, tires and caps last night at the house. I paid a tad over $250 for shipping and I live in CO. Looking over the shipping paperwork it appears that the shipping might (again might) be a little higher when they ship to a residents vs a business. You might want to check with TS when you place an order.

I live in CO too (CoS, CO).

I had a set of 4 complete KR wheels & tires shipped to me from the Florida Peninnsula to Co. Springs. The seller first went to UPS and the shipping was some CRAZY amount (well over $500 if I remember correctly) so he went to Fed-Ex.

He originally was going to ship each tire separately, wrapped in celophane/plastic with cardboard on either side to protect the rims from damage. Fed-Ex had him put two tires each into one box, then the other two into another box and send the four tires/rims in two big square boxes, the same outside size as the OD of the tires was.

He sent me the tracking numbers which told me the shipping weight of each package. I went to the Fed-Ex site, calculated the shipping from his zip code to my zip code using the weight shown on the tracking number page and it came to $260.oo for all four tires/wheels (two boxes total) and that was a "residence to residence" quote, not from a business to a residence.

When the Fed-Ex guy showed up at my door (at my RESIDENCE) he told me he has 4 wheels/tires to deliver, where do I want them. I asked him how he knew they were tires and he said he delivers a lot of them packaged the same way so it's pretty common-place.

That was pretty much clear across the country so it should be about the same from Shelby to the East coast, if shipped via Fed-Ex, in two boxes w/two tires/wheels per box.

Once the package was delivered I just made sure the boxes were up on the tire side and rolled them into my garage, crusing the corners of the boxes as they rolled.

In other words, they are EASY to handle. Just something for all to note if you ever need to send a set or 4 tires/wheels somewhere.

Phill

Wheels & tires, center caps, floormats and splitter arrived today. The stripe kit is coming separate. The packaging was well done, the splitter box was HUGE! The driver came early and so my wife had to handle the delivery. The FedEx guy was AWESOME, he helped Jane check everything out for damage, as the splitter box had a few small holes, but contents in perfect condition. He did kinda poop when he saw the Scorpion tank and the Oshkosh HEMTT beside the Shelby in the garage. Understandable when the tires are as tall or taller than the roof of the car.

Thanks for the GREAT service SA!!!!

Archived