TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 vs 2008

sudden

I have a 2008 GT 500 and love it. However, the new 2013 is pretty SWEET with 650HP, etc.it is very tempting to get a new one ,but I cant see paying all the money when I can hardly controll my 500 plus H.P. now. Also I get a front grill with mine. SUDDEN.

I would not sell mine to get a new one. Mine is still like new with 8K miles on it. I love not having a car payment better than taking a bath on selling mine and going into debt to finance a new $65,000 car.

Besides that....what the heck would I do with my screen name. :hysterical:

[quote name='Grabber' timestamp='1321549781' post='1222991'

Besides that....what the heck would I do with my screen name. :hysterical:

You could request one be built in School Bus Yellow and change your screen named to "Yeller" :yahoo:

Edited by 08 ORANGE SS-725HP

No matter what you buy for one year, which is the fastest and has the most horsepower, there is always the next gen model which will trump the previous one.

I do like the numbers on the 2013 GT500, but I like the body of the S197 Mustangs. The new one doesn't do it for me.

Besides for the money of a new GT500, you can buy a more powerful supercharger for a whole lot less and still have a better looking car.

No matter what you buy for one year, which is the fastest and has the most horsepower, there is always the next gen model which will trump the previous one.

I do like the numbers on the 2013 GT500, but I like the body of the S197 Mustangs. The new one doesn't do it for me.

Besides for the money of a new GT500, you can buy a more powerful supercharger for a whole lot less and still have a better looking car.

Either way, Ford fans have a TON of options. Gotta love these cars. :worship::worship::worship:

Cars are never an investment, and because I don't have tons of money, I will be investing in more mods for my '08 and if someday I can afford a '13 in addition to my '08, I'll do it. Otherwise the loss would be too big even with what I have in it today. Full Griggs suspension, pulley, CAI, tune, new wheels and tires on order. Good enough for me for a while. I love the style of '07-'09, but the '13 may be the best yet, IMHO. Loving the rear-end.

Jim

I'm with you guys. First model year '07 with the original body style..............won't ever part with it. The '13 is impressive for sure, but I just love the 07-09 cars and you can easily get them them to outperform anything Ford decides to build now or in the future.

I certainly won't part with the KR. Will add a TVS blower though, which should make it pretty close to the 2013 from a performance standpoint. As far as the '07 is concerned, there's a part of me that says that I don't really need two Shelbys, or at least not two with the '07-'09 bodystyle. However, there is another part of me that is too emotionally attached to this car. I guess I will eventually have to make up my mind, but this can wait at least until next spring. If I eventually pick up a 2013, it will be a low milage 1-2 year old car that I can get at the right price.

Never part with a car you love. Just add another to the herd.

HSURB®

I agree....love my '08, but I'm sure I could make room for another one...maybe a coupe this time :drool:

What I am wondering about...is what will the 2013 SuperSnake have in it... :shift:

As far as the '07 is concerned, there's a part of me that says that I don't really need two Shelbys, or at least not two with the '07-'09 bodystyle. However, there is another part of me that is too emotionally attached to this car.

Having 2 GT500's that are His and Hers models is the way to go ! :happy feet:

th_012-1.jpg

th_013-2.jpg

2007 Super Snake $28,000 Are you kidding me!

I took the day off today so I could visit a few dealerships and ask them about the 2013 Shelby.

The first one I went to was the dealer that wanted $15,000 over sticker in 2007. They did say that they would sell the 2013 at msrp if I wanted it. I then asked what they would give me for my 07 Super Snake $28,000. WOW ask 15,000 over in 07 and then only offer 28,000 for a Super Snake.

The next dealer is one that I had my name first on the list for the 07 and they sold it to the person with the highest offer. They will give me $47,000 and sell the 2013 at msrp.

The last dealer I went to is the one I bought my 07 from. They will sell at msrp, but would not give me a trade amount because they said by the time the 2013 came in my car would be another year older. The sales manager said he was thinking about my car and $10,000 I told him how about an even trade my $90,000 SS for your $65,000 GT500. He said I would have to take a loss on the $40,000 SS package I added to my car.

I cant stop thinking about a 50th anniversary Super Snake, but it looks like I will keep my 07 for a while.

• 3 weeks later...