TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Disabling Perimeter Lighting

RUFDRAFT

I've tried using the remote to disable the lights coming on when I press Unlock.

I just tried using the door panel switches to do it (and the horn chirped like it was done).

But - the headlights still come on when I hit Unlock.

Grrrr.

Any ideas?

I've tried using the remote to disable the lights coming on when I press Unlock.

I just tried using the door panel switches to do it (and the horn chirped like it was done).

But - the headlights still come on when I hit Unlock.

Grrrr.

Any ideas?

A .22 at 10 feet should do it. Let me know how it goes. :hysterical:

I take it you can't do it either?

Actually, I haven't tried it yet, but it is on the list. I'll give this evening (my evening) and let you know how it turned out.

The instructions are very simple - turn the key on - press Unlock 3 times - turn the key off - press Unlock 3 times and the horn chirps (or something like that).

I did it 3 times - and the lights still come on when I press the Unlock button on the remote.

I even started the car and then shut it off to try it.

Maybe my SCT tuner messed with the computer?

It's going in tomorrow to get the A/C fixed - I'll have my tech mess with it.

post-4913-1175470893_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1175470893_thumb.jpg

Yeah - when the bodyshop put it back together - something shorted out in the system. He looked at it last week and knows how to fix it. He's cool with the tune. This is the guy that put my cams in. It's going to be a warranty fix. No problem. Gonna take some pics in a day or two with the trailer hooked up! Striping on Thurs.

Yeah - it's crowded.

We're going down Fri-Sun mostly for the cars. They'll be a lot of them.

And - I know where to eat (Crab Legs!) and there might even be a good concert at The House of Blues or the Alabama theater.

I'm sure the girls would love to shop at Barefoot Landing while we do our thing, too.

Think about it. I know my way around down there.

I followed the instructions and the lights still come on.

It's going in on Friday for an a/c fix - he'll show me.

I had the same problem when I tried to disable mine.... I messed with it for about an hour and I finally got it.... I can't remember exactly but I think it was because I tried it over and over again with the door open. All the doors must be closed for it to work right. I think that was it... other than the time thing.... so many seconds etc. I couldn't get it done with my remote so I used the door lock and it worked finally.

Okay - I can't remember if I had the door closed or not!

Man - too many computerized settings....

Go over and read Rat's thread about a car he had shipped overseas that wouldn't start.

Read how many "codes" and crap they have to go through to GET IT TO START.

Amazing.

Edit - Tried it with the door closed.

Loading up the Glock now. :banghead:

Archived