TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If Shelby gives the 2013 Super Snake a Green Light

I know that the GT500 just came out, too early to talk about thist and the car might be better off the way it is, but I had some thoughts in mind for those who want to go "faster."

I say because the 2013 GT500 now has a TVS, I suggest that for a base 700hp Super Snake package, Shelby ports the TVS, gives the GT500 a better throttle body, CAI, and a cat-back exhaust.

800+HP super package, Whipple or Kenne Bell Supercharger is offered and the same goes with 1000HP package.

Or also do it in a stage upgrade package (Stage 1 is basic, Stage 2 is moderate, Stage 3+ is top of the line, etc.)

I also suggest that SS buyers would option out the car they want to option it out (or have Shelby Motorsports take care of that).

Just a few suggestions I am throwing on the table.

What would you guys want to see? That's the porpose on why I created this thread.

I say because the 2013 GT500 now has a TVS, I suggest that for a base 700hp Super Snake package, Shelby ports the TVS, gives the GT500 a better throttle body, CAI, and a cat-back exhaust.

800+HP super package, Whipple or Kenne Bell Supercharger is offered and the same goes with 1000HP package.

The "base" Super Snake is already at 750HP. Why would anyone want to detune it to 700HP, from a already *stock* 650HP???

A Cold Air Intake (CAI) has been standard equipment on every GT500 since 2010, why would you suggest they add one to a existing package?

The optional 800HP Super Snake can already be had with either a Whipple 3.4L supercharger or a Kenne Bell, without going to the SAM "mod shop" and getting upgraded.

Phill

The "base" Super Snake is already at 750HP. Why would anyone want to detune it to 700HP, from a already *stock* 650HP???

A Cold Air Intake (CAI) has been standard equipment on every GT500 since 2010, why would you suggest they add one to a existing package?

The optional 800HP Super Snake can already be had with either a Whipple 3.4L supercharger or a Kenne Bell, without going to the SAM "mod shop" and getting upgraded.

Phill

Come on Phil really? You know I'm talking about the 750HP upgrade. Maye 770 with a ported TVS. I am also talking about a better CAI for the GT500 esides the stock one.

Do you want me to suggest cams for the 750+hp upgrade?

It will all depend upon "what does" and "what does not" meet 50 state federal emissions standards on the SA Super Snake build, then the sky is the limit if the car is sent to Shelby Motorsports (SM), after SA is done with it. Right now, at 650hp the 2013 could be the entry level Super Snake option with no power change.

R

It will all depend upon "what does" and "what does not" meet 50 state federal emissions standards on the SA Super Snake build, then the sky is the limit if the car is sent to Shelby Motorsports (SM), after SA is done with it. Right now, at 650hp the 2013 could be the entry level Super Snake option with no power change.

R

I have a strong feeling that the "New TVS 2300" is the reason Shelby Am. stopped offering the FRPP 2.3L TVS early on. Roger Sorel said they "are not compatible" (with the new PCU/EEC System) but as many have pointed out and some have proven, that's not factual. And now there can be NO arguement that it can't be made 50-State legal since it's a OEM item.

My gut feeling is that Shelby was made aware that the TVS would be offered in a factory stock configuration and they knew they'd bear the wrath of many folks who plunked down $33K to get their car "Super" Snaked only to find out, it's not so "SUPER" after all (in 1-2 years when the '13 hit the market).

I know *I'd* be pissed if I paid someone $33K and found out a year later that I had the equivilent of a stock GT500.

Just My Honest Opinion/JMHO,

Phill

Come on Phil really? You know I'm talking about the 750HP upgrade.

I do??? Wow, thanks for telling me what "I know".

No, I took you at your word where you said "a base 700HP version".

Phill

I have a strong feeling that the "New TVS 2300" is the reason Shelby Am. stopped offering the FRPP 2.3L TVS early on. Roger Sorel said they "are not compatible" (with the new PCU/EEC System) but as many have pointed out and some have proven, that's not factual. And now there can be NO arguement that it can't be made 50-State legal since it's a OEM item.

My guy feeling is that Shelby was made aware that the TVS would be offered in a factory stock configuration and they knew they'd bear the wrath of many folks who plunked down $33K to get their car "SUPER Snaked" only to find out, it's not so "SUPER" after all (in 1-2 years when the '13 hit the market).

I know *I'd* be pissed if I paid someone $33K and found out a year later that I had the equivilent of a stock GT500.

Just My Honest Opinion/JMHO,

Phill

Personally, I think there could be a market for a 2013 entry level Super Snake at the OEM 650 horsepower. There are people out there who would be happy at that power level and they would also be happy to have the Super Snake appearance and CSM without paying the bigger $$$ for a power upgrade. Just my opinion.

If there were a Super Snake appearance package, the wheels, hood, stripes, suspension and brake upgrade at the 650 horse OEM level, down in the high teens or low-mid 20's with the ability to also add all of the optional items to the car, cooling system, rear brakes, shifter, interior upgrade, etc., I think there would be a market at that 650 horse level, and there would be minimal to no powertrain upgrades. Basically when you open the hood on a car like this, it would have the Shelby billet Super Snake caps and dipstick and that is about it, everything else is as it left Ford, maybe a CAI filter and associated radiator duct for the CAI.

Just a thought..................

R

Personally, I think there could be a market for a 2013 entry level Super Snake at the OEM 650 horsepower. There are people out there who would be happy at that power level and they would also be happy to have the Super Snake appearance and CSM without paying the bigger $$$ for a power upgrade. Just my opinion.

If there were a Super Snake appearance package, the wheels, hood, stripes, suspension and brake upgrade at the 650 horse OEM level, down in the high teens or low-mid 20's with the ability to also add all of the optional items to the car, cooling system, rear brakes, shifter, interior upgrade, etc., I think there would be a market at that 650 horse level, and there would be minimal to no powertrain upgrades. Basically when you open the hood on a car like this, it would have the Shelby billet Super Snake caps and dipstick and that is about it, everything else is as it left Ford, maybe a CAI filter and associated radiator duct for the CAI.

Just a thought..................

R

+1 That would actually work. I have to agree with you on this. Keep the OEM 650HP and only offer it with the SS package with all the visuals (SS hood, badges, etc), maybe offer a CAI kit, make the Borla exhaust optional (unless Shelby decides to use the ATAK mufflers as standard equipment), and put it all into a package. It would be WAY CHEAPER to buy (maybe a $10K-$20K package) and the Super Snake owner can modify it the way they want to modify it with all the parts they want to put on it. All under a Super Snake CSM.

But if they sell like hotcakes at such a price like I suggested, may I also suggest possily just doing it for a limited run...

+1 That would actually work. I have to agree with you on this. Keep the OEM 650HP and only offer it with the SS package with all the visuals (SS hood, badges, etc), maybe offer a CAI kit, make the Borla exhaust optional (unless Shelby decides to use the ATAK mufflers as standard equipment), and put it all into a package. It would be WAY CHEAPER to buy (maybe a $10K-$20K package) and the Super Snake owner can modify it the way they want to modify it with all the parts they want to put on it. All under a Super Snake CSM.

But if they sell like hotcakes at such a price like I suggested, may I also suggest possily just doing it for a limited run...

Yep....................."Super Snake Appearance Package".

There are plenty of buyers out there who want the aggressive Super Snake look (and the CSM value), but are in a much better position to spend $20K additional as opposed to $40K in todays economy. And a Ford Assy. line 650 warrantied h.p.? Just Right!!

In addition to the SA Super Snake options, if the buyer/owner chooses to sent it to SM for some additional options, that could also be available...........

Limited production run? maybe...............but this could become more of a affordable "bread and butter" car for a lot more buyers, and still be wayyy cool!

R

Yep....................."Super Snake Appearance Package".

There are plenty of buyers out there who want the aggressive Super Snake look (and the CSM value), but are in a much better position to spend $20K additional as opposed to $40K in todays economy. And a Ford Assy. line 650 warrantied h.p.? Just Right!!

In addition to the SA Super Snake options, if the buyer/owner chooses to sent it to SM for some additional options, that could also be available...........

Limited production run? maybe...............but this could become more of a affordable "bread and butter" car for a lot more buyers, and still be wayyy cool!

R

"roger-SAI, on 16 November 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Wow is right! Now........................what will the Super Snake make?

Roger"

Sounds to me like the 2013 SS will be the Big Dog. Bone stock and original Shelby.

"roger-SAI, on 16 November 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Wow is right! Now........................what will the Super Snake make?

Roger"

Sounds to me like the 2013 SS will be the Big Dog. Bone stock and original Shelby.

I agree that the 2013 will be the "Big Dog" for those who can afford to first buy the car, and then added the big options. The 2013 Super Snake Appearance Pkg." car "could" fit in and draw many additional buyers who would otherwise not be there.

R

I agree that the 2013 will be the "Big Dog" for those who can afford to first buy the car, and then added the big options. The 2013 Super Snake Appearance Pkg." car "could" fit in and draw many additional buyers who would otherwise not be there.

R

Well, to me it seems we are getting a little taste of how the 67-68 and 69-70 GT500 owners felt when Ford/Shelby started the new line of Shelby GT500's in 06. It sucks on one hand because the cars are less"rare" but it's good to see the performance getting better and better every year. They are not for the average guy trying to make a living anymore. 2013 will make 7 years of SS production and counting.

On another note, the looks have not been improved yet over the 67-68 GT500, still the ones. 07-09 are a close second. Engines and suspension are easy to change, looks are not.

Well, to me it seems we are getting a little taste of how the 67-68 and 69-70 GT500 owners felt when Ford/Shelby started the new line of Shelby GT500's in 06. It sucks on one hand because the cars are less"rare" but it's good to see the performance getting better and better every year. They are not for the average guy trying to make a living anymore. 2013 will make 7 years of SS production and counting.

On another note, the looks have not been improved yet over the 67-68 GT500, still the ones. 07-09 are a close second. Engines and suspension are easy to change, looks are not.

It will be interesting to see what comes from this 5.8L vs. what has been accomplished over the years of 5.4L GT500 production. It should be an interesting next few months.

I do agree about the 07-09's. Yes the 2013 has the newest, latest and greatest, BUT............if you are a guy like myself who prefers the more retro body, there is no 2010-up that is going to provide that "closer to classic look" like the 07-09, so in the end what you buy this year as latest and greatest will be superceded next year, and if you like the 07-09's the 5.4 is it. In reality, there is more than enough power/performance upgrades for these 5.4 cars, more than most will ever need, or use.

R

I know that the GT500 just came out, too early to talk about thist and the car might be better off the way it is, but I had some thoughts in mind for those who want to go "faster."

Or also do it in a stage upgrade package (Stage 1 is basic, Stage 2 is moderate, Stage 3+ is top of the line, etc.)

I also suggest that SS buyers would option out the car they want to option it out (or have Shelby Motorsports take care of that).

Just a few suggestions I am throwing on the table.

What would you guys want to see? That's the porpose on why I created this thread.

How 'bout a ram bar? :hysterical2:

Archived