TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a used SVT PP Driver's side rear tire

Ezareth

Long story short I got a stupid screw in one of these terrible $400 Eagle F1 G2 "Supercar" tires. My tire pressure low sensor came on so I figured a tire needed a little air, by the time I was able to get to a gas station(forgot about the air compressor in the trunk!) I had already been driving on a pretty much flat tire. I took the tire and got it patched but they showed me some significant wear on the inner corner of the tire and considering I regularly drive her 120MPH+ on the highways I'm not about to risk my life or my car with a blowout.

I know a lot of you here have been unsatisfied as I am with these tires but I'd like to finish the life of my set before looking at other options (and hoping someone comes out with a better brand in this size by then) so if anyone has recently switched their tires and has the driver's side rear with light wear that they'd be willing to sell me for a reasonable price I'd appreciate. Figured I'd check here before I ended up spending $400+ on a new tire only to replace it in another year or so with a whole new set of a different brand.

I Have almost 8000 miles on my car and not really noticeable wear at this point so hopefully someone just did a switch to a better tire with similar wear.

Long story short I got a stupid screw in one of these terrible $400 Eagle F1 G2 "Supercar" tires. My tire pressure low sensor came on so I figured a tire needed a little air, by the time I was able to get to a gas station(forgot about the air compressor in the trunk!) I had already been driving on a pretty much flat tire. I took the tire and got it patched but they showed me some significant wear on the inner corner of the tire and considering I regularly drive her 120MPH+ on the highways I'm not about to risk my life or my car with a blowout.

I know a lot of you here have been unsatisfied as I am with these tires but I'd like to finish the life of my set before looking at other options (and hoping someone comes out with a better brand in this size by then) so if anyone has recently switched their tires and has the driver's side rear with light wear that they'd be willing to sell me for a reasonable price I'd appreciate. Figured I'd check here before I ended up spending $400+ on a new tire only to replace it in another year or so with a whole new set of a different brand.

I Have almost 8000 miles on my car and not really noticeable wear at this point so hopefully someone just did a switch to a better tire with similar wear.

Check your local craigslist. Many times you will find singles or pairs of tires, could be your lucky day...just saying. Also check eBay. Obviously if you could score one here that would be great, just trying to suggest other options. I would never suggest what others should do on safety related items, but I would be comfortable with a cemented VULCANIZED tire plug covered on the inside by a patch -- if it was on the inside 75% of the tire and the screw wasn't that big. It shouldn't blow out, at worst would be a slow leak. Outer edges and sidewalls are a different deal. Again, JMO.

Pretty car BTW.

Check your local craigslist. Many times you will find singles or pairs of tires, could be your lucky day...just saying. Also check eBay. Obviously if you could score one here that would be great, just trying to suggest other options. I would never suggest what others should do on safety related items, but I would be comfortable with a cemented VULCANIZED tire plug covered on the inside by a patch -- if it was on the inside 75% of the tire and the screw wasn't that big. It shouldn't blow out, at worst would be a slow leak. Outer edges and sidewalls are a different deal. Again, JMO.

Pretty car BTW.

Yeah I may check out some local options as well, just figuring I could target more effectively the shelby crowd here.

The tire was patched 100% by a Goodyear Service Center and it would be as good as new if I hadn't driven on it to the gas station. The was a ton of black rubber particles on the inside of the tire and I could feel a deep groove on the inside inner corner of the tire where the rubber was worn away. The tire would probably be fine but for a worst case $400 for a brand new tire I'd rather not put my entire life at risk for so little.

The same thing happened to me ... I had 100 miles on the car and got a nail in the right rear ... at the time of purchase I bought Ford ESP Triplecare - it covers for tire and wheel road hazard damage, paintless dent repair and windshield repair - I brought the car to Ford and they said the tire had to be replaced - Ford Triplecare paid for a new tire - zero dudctable !

The same thing happened to me ... I had 100 miles on the car and got a nail in the right rear ... at the time of purchase I bought Ford ESP Triplecare - it covers for tire and wheel road hazard damage, paintless dent repair and windshield repair - I brought the car to Ford and they said the tire had to be replaced - Ford Triplecare paid for a new tire - zero dudctable !

Yeah I wish I was offered something similar. The front tires have really pockmarked the paint under the stripes behind the rear tires.

If I don't find another tire alternative before I replace the whole set I may get some sort of hazzard coverage as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived