TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 650HP 200 MPH!!!!

bpmurr

Oh My.......

What worries me with all this added goodness though is how far north of the current price point will this 2013 settle. I have a feeling that it might hit really really close to Vette price.

With ZL1 pricing starting at $55K it would be a mistake if Ford went much higher.

With ZL1 pricing starting at $55K it would be a mistake if Ford went much higher.

Given that the magnetic ride control comes standard with the ZL1 Ford might want to make sure that a base GT500 with the performance pack is around the same price point.

I feel like someone just kicked me in the gut. WOW

You are not alone there. I cant tell what hurts more. The awesomeness of the 2013 GT500 after just purchasing a 2012 or the fact that all the Mustangs look very similar to the GT500. Now that the "cat is out of the bag" I can begin working through the five stages of death and dying. :cry::censored: :angry2: :D <------Sometimes there just aren't enough emoticons.

the CRAPMARO zl1=DOA!! happy%20feet.gif:hysterical::hysterical:

ZL (D)one

For those of you with 11-12's, you have fantastic cars. There wil always bee something better comming. the 2015 is just around the corner. I have driven a 2011 at Road America at 160MPH. Man, stable and with a set of Continental slicks, that thing just stuck! Sure, the 13 is a fantastic car, hell, my 08 still brings smiles to my face and its nowhere near as nice as the newer cars. And as much as we give the Camaro guys a bunch of crap, they have a pretty nice ride as well. Its a great time to be a car guy and, especialy a ford guy

ZL (D)one

For those of you with 11-12's, you have fantastic cars. There wil always bee something better comming. the 2015 is just around the corner. I have driven a 2011 at Road America at 160MPH. Man, stable and with a set of Continental slicks, that thing just stuck! Sure, the 13 is a fantastic car, hell, my 08 still brings smiles to my face and its nowhere near as nice as the newer cars. And as much as we give the Camaro guys a bunch of crap, they have a pretty nice ride as well. Its a great time to be a car guy and, especialy a ford guy

AMEN Brother, these are the good old days. :beerchug:

Oh My.......

What worries me with all this added goodness though is how far north of the current price point will this 2013 settle. I have a feeling that it might hit really really close to Vette price.

IMHO that will be a good thing---not every racer boy will have one! :shoppingcart_:

I had heard slightly different numbers and another huge option...but maybe that is being held back for 2014.

Seems the only reason not to buy a 2013 is that very fact. Every year the cars get so much better. Look at a 2007, pre-HID, no nav early on, to what is coming out now...not even the same ball game anymore.

Brembo braking system: A new Brembo brake system offers drivers enhanced stopping power to help keep their car under control, both on the road and the track. New six-piston calipers in front along with larger front and rear rotors help improve brake fade. New brake pads that are more aggressive also help the car achieve high deceleration and further robustness for more driver confidence

Are the rear calipers the same as previous years ? Did they up-grade this to a 2 piston or 4 piston design for the rear ?????????

Archived