TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR window sticker question

gearhed31

I'm looking at a few different KR's that are currently for sale. Ran across something interesting on one of the window stickers. In the lower left corner there is a box with a date that is usually within a week of the build date. However, on this particular sticker, the date is listed as 06 17 2011 ?? Anybody have any insight ?? I've attached the window sticker as well as another example in the next post that shows what I think is normal.

Thanks,

Scott

2008 GT500KR - RD.pdf

2008 GT500KR - RD.pdf

Believe that's relative to the print date of the sticker, so probably just means its a reprint of that sticker. Not positive on this, but I think that's the case.

Yep, that is exactly the cause of the later date. Probably the sticker ripped while putting window up/down or they took it off for one reason or another. I'd verify the mileage but if new and under 25 miles than no cause for alarm.

Another sticker that seems to have the more "correct" date:

When I opened this one up, it shows a date of 11/09/11.

How is that "more correct:"? It should show a date in '07, '08 or '09, no?

They certainly didn't make any KR's in 2011.

Phill

Those are not "real" Monroney labels but PDF's from Fords website. The date shown will be the date someone produced a PDF label on Ford's website. For example if I were to take that KR VIN number this morning and run it thru Ford's website the label would be dated with todays date of 11/16/2011.

Steve

For example if I were to take that KR VIN number this morning and run it thru Ford's website the label would be dated with todays date of 11/16/2011.

Steve

I thought that might be the case.

I pulled mine up the other day for a example in another thread but I didn't pay attention to the date on the bottom.

Ya learn somethin' new every day.

Thanks Steve,

Phill

Those are not "real" Monroney labels but PDF's from Fords website. The date shown will be the date someone produced a PDF label on Ford's website. For example if I were to take that KR VIN number this morning and run it thru Ford's website the label would be dated with todays date of 11/16/2011.

Steve

Not sure if I completely agree with that, I just pulled up my Boss window sticker today and it has a date of 06/02/2011. See the KR window sticker attached, look at the field highlighted in red. It's not the date all the way at the bottom, that's the date that it was generated from the Ford window sticker site (11/13/2011).

Just was a mystery to me why that particular KR has a 06/17/2011 date. It's to the right of the Final Assembly Point box.

2008 GT500KR - RD1.pdf

2008 GT500KR - RD1.pdf

See the KR window sticker attached, look at the field highlighted in red. It's not the date all the way at the bottom, that's the date that it was generated from the Ford window sticker site (11/13/2011).

Huh. I never knew that date was there.

On my car (2010) the production date is up in the top left corner, just to the right of the "FLR" number.

I noticed that all 3 of the examples shown don't have that up there.

I'll pull up mine and see if the lower production date is there or not.

EDIT: Here is my window sticker. The date you had highlighted in red is there but it is *not* the same date as the production date noted in the code at the top of the sticker. My car has a August or September production date (I can't remember which and don't have time to get into my records) and the date listed at the bottom is a July date. BUT, I believe my car was ORDERED in July so that's likely the date the order was placed.

Still, that doesn't address the KR with a 2011 order/production date on it! How strange.....

Thanks for pointing that (date) out,

Phill

Not sure if I completely agree with that, I just pulled up my Boss window sticker today and it has a date of 06/02/2011. See the KR window sticker attached, look at the field highlighted in red. It's not the date all the way at the bottom, that's the date that it was generated from the Ford window sticker site (11/13/2011).

Just was a mystery to me why that particular KR has a 06/17/2011 date. It's to the right of the Final Assembly Point box.

It appears I misunderstood the OP's question. I thought he was referring to the date at the bottom of the PDF.

Let me look into this other date.

Steve

I've found another 2008 KR showing a 2011 date. I've also run several 2008 KR's that show a correct date and noticed something. On the KR's with the 2011 date the PDF is missing information at the top which normally includes another date. See pic below.

Perhaps these incorrectly dated ones were caused by a dealership ordering a replacement label for a damged or lost label?

Steve

KR Win Stkr.jpg

KR Win Stkr.jpg

I've found another 2008 KR showing a 2011 date. I've also run several 2008 KR's that show a correct date and noticed something. On the KR's with the 2011 date the PDF is missing information at the top which normally includes another date. See pic below.

Perhaps these incorrectly dated ones were caused by a dealership ordering a replacement label for a damged or lost label?

Steve

Steve-

That would make sense. The sticker that I initially posted with the strange date 6-17-11, I believe the car was sold new off the showroom floor around that time frame.

Thanks,

Scott

• 9 months later...

Recycling this message for no other reason than I was surfing the forum and out of curiosity I tested the VIN website to see if it matched my Monroney sticker. I ran the VIN for my 2008 KR through the website and out came my exact window sticker, BUT contrary to what some of you folks are finding the sticker from the website DOES have the original build date (as opposed to today's date) which matches my actual sticker: it is "04 11 2008". So, not sure why you've found stickers that have a date after 2009.

Those dates you are referring to are the "in service" date of the KR as a sold unit. This is when the warranty begins. Check the Oasis Report to confirm.

This would give the edge to the KR with factory bumper to bumper warranty vs. no warranty when shopping for a KR.

To add to the info base, I have three versions of my window sticker for a 2009 GT500KR, all with different dates:

1. Original Sticker (appears to be the build date: Sep 23, 2008)

2. Printed from dealer inventory just before I bought the car. Has two dates, the lower date is when I downloaded and printed (May 19, 2010). The other date doesn't correlate to anything (June 15, 2009)

3. New one from Ford purchased for display purposes. The date is when they printed it (Aug 2, 2011)

None of these dates are related to warranty start or in-service date, etc. Interesting....

See attached.

Update:

Had an Oasis report pulled and found the build date was Oct 6, 2008. This does not match the Sep 23, 2008 date on the original sticker. Also, the warranty start date does not match any of the dates above.

My conclusion so far is that the date noted on the sticker is when it was printed (presuming my sticker was printed a few days before the car was built and was waiting at the end of the assembly line to be installed....)

Original Sticker - Sep 23, 2008.jpg

From Dealer Inventory - May 19, 2010.jpg

Original Sticker - Sep 23, 2008.jpg

From Dealer Inventory - May 19, 2010.jpg

Archived