TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Tires

meshoooo

Michelin Pilot Super Sports come in a 295 35 r 20 for the rear SVT tires. They JUST fit. As for the fronts, there isn't a comparable size really, but they have 275 35 r19s available. Slightly smaller than the stock size in overall diameter. I hear those tires are the bees knees.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports come in a 295 35 r 20 for the rear SVT tires. They JUST fit. As for the fronts, there isn't a comparable size really, but they have 275 35 r19s available. Slightly smaller than the stock size in overall diameter. I hear those tires are the bees knees.

I think the PS not work perfectly with me , I need something better .. I love the NT05 I using them in my Vette the hook like crazy but its not available for my size. so I`m looking for who used the Invos..

We have NT 05s on one vette and Michelin PS2s on the other. Since the '12 Shelby is the daily driver and runs 19" I'm using Continental DW Extremes and really like the feel and handling. I've driven them in 100+ degree heat this summer and have recently driven them on mid 30 degree mornings. They've never felt hard or acted like 4 hockey pucks (a GY F1 trait). If you get snow they make a DWS Extreme tire. The price was comparable to the Michelins, so you might want to give them a look. They get really good reviews.

We have NT 05s on one vette and Michelin PS2s on the other. Since the '12 Shelby is the daily driver and runs 19" I'm using Continental DW Extremes and really like the feel and handling. I've driven them in 100+ degree heat this summer and have recently driven them on mid 30 degree mornings. They've never felt hard or acted like 4 hockey pucks (a GY F1 trait). If you get snow they make a DWS Extreme tire. The price was comparable to the Michelins, so you might want to give them a look. They get really good reviews.

Could you describe how the Contis compare to the NT05s and PS2s. Do you give up much performance with the Contis over the other two?

Could you describe how the Contis compare to the NT05s and PS2s. Do you give up much performance with the Contis over the other two?

The Contis are my daily driver tires and I like them a lot. They replaced the F1 Goodyears on the Shelby, the PS2 runflats replaced the F1 Goodyears on our 07 Corvette Convertible. Both of these cars are driven on long trips, in hot or cold temperatures and on dry or wet roads - No snow. We find their traction and ride superior to the F1s in all of those conditions, especially in cold or rain. The feel I get with the Contis on the Shelby is much the same as I get with the PS2s on the vette, which is what I was looking for when I went tire shopping. I originally looked at PS2s (non runflat) but they didn't come in the stock size for my 2012. It was 29 here this morning and the Contis handled that just fine during acceleration onto the interstate. Around here you have to enter the freeway doing at least 75-80 or risk getting run over by an oilfield truck. I kept my F1s and use them at HPDEs.

The NT05s are on our 2000 Corvette Coupe which is used mainly for HPDEs, they are our track tires. We haven't run the NT05s in wet conditions, but so far on the track they are great. We have friends who run them year round on their vettes but we live in West Texas where rain is not a weekly occurrence. You get a lot more tread pattern with the Contis and PS2s than with the NT05s.

We have another friend with a supercharged Z06 who runs Invos year round including at HPDEs and he really likes them. Out of the bunch I hang with, when it came time to replace their original tires no one bought another set of F1s. They've all gone either Michelin or Nittos. Now they are watching my Shelby to see what type of wear and performance I get out of the Contis.

The Contis are my daily driver tires and I like them a lot. They replaced the F1 Goodyears on the Shelby, the PS2 runflats replaced the F1 Goodyears on our 07 Corvette Convertible. Both of these cars are driven on long trips, in hot or cold temperatures and on dry or wet roads - No snow. We find their traction and ride superior to the F1s in all of those conditions, especially in cold or rain. The feel I get with the Contis on the Shelby is much the same as I get with the PS2s on the vette, which is what I was looking for when I went tire shopping. I originally looked at PS2s (non runflat) but they didn't come in the stock size for my 2012. It was 29 here this morning and the Contis handled that just fine during acceleration onto the interstate. Around here you have to enter the freeway doing at least 75-80 or risk getting run over by an oilfield truck. I kept my F1s and use them at HPDEs.

The NT05s are on our 2000 Corvette Coupe which is used mainly for HPDEs, they are our track tires. We haven't run the NT05s in wet conditions, but so far on the track they are great. We have friends who run them year round on their vettes but we live in West Texas where rain is not a weekly occurrence. You get a lot more tread pattern with the Contis and PS2s than with the NT05s.

We have another friend with a supercharged Z06 who runs Invos year round including at HPDEs and he rea lly likes them. Out of the bunch I hang with, when it came time to replace their original tires no one bought another set of F1s. They've all gone either Michelin or Nittos. Now they are watching my Shelby to see what type of wear and performance I get out of the Contis.

Thanks. :beerchug:

Archived