TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here’s my prediction for the GT500KR

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, glad the money goes to those who need it, hope it brings a cool $1,000,000+ at BJ & ends up in Ron Pratte's car collection :)

I am in the no. 1 spot at 9 different dealers and I pray that I get one of these amazing cars as it would be a dream come true, and I hope and pray that the m.s.r.p. is under $65,000 as the adm's are going to drain me as it is, it is a shame that the true fans can't afford or even get an allocation, somehow I don't think that Mr. Shelby envisioned it to be this way just for the select few whom are rich.

I am in the no. 1 spot at 9 different dealers and I pray that I get one of these amazing cars as it would be a dream come true, and I hope and pray that the m.s.r.p. is under $65,000 as the adm's are going to drain me as it is, it is a shame that the true fans can't afford or even get an allocation, somehow I don't think that Mr. Shelby envisioned it to be this way just for the select few whom are rich.

If you watch the interview with Carroll he stated something to the effect that this was so dealers can make a LOT of money! So I think he knows this is a car that will be for those that have the big bucks and are willing to shell it out to get one.

The GT500 was the car they made for the true fans to be able to get. You can't expect them to make them ALL just so every true fan can afford one. This is one for the rich and wealthy, period!

And if they were concerned about the average true fan they would build 10K per year like they did with the GT500.

Might be cheaper to pick a used Ford GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-Ford-GT-...tem220192482953

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TUNGSTEN-Al...tem120211181103

If you watch the interview with Carroll he stated something to the effect that this was so dealers can make a LOT of money! So I think he knows this is a car that will be for those that have the big bucks and are willing to shell it out to get one.

The GT500 was the car they made for the true fans to be able to get. You can't expect them to make them ALL just so every true fan can afford one. This is one for the rich and wealthy, period!

And if they were concerned about the average true fan they would build 10K per year like they did with the GT500.

SD you are exactly right on your first point....Carroll knows the dealers will make a lot of money on these and he's perfectly ok with that. So for the original poster to say he's sure it's not the way Carroll would have envisioned it is incorrect.

You know, it's kinda funny...but I'd much rather have a Super Snake than a KR. Go figure.

SD you are exactly right on your first point....Carroll knows the dealers will make a lot of money on these and he's perfectly ok with that. So for the original poster to say he's sure it's not the way Carroll would have envisioned it is incorrect.

You know, it's kinda funny...but I'd much rather have a Super Snake than a KR. Go figure.

I'll take a SS KR in Red please

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 2007 Shelby GT500,was luck paid MSRP-$45,060.00.I'd like a,KR-but the ADM will be rediclious,so I'll wait and see in a year or so.May come down too MSRP,or a reasonable ADM. This is my next concern.Well Ford bring back the Boss Mustang,and the Mach 1,with this increiable back too the future body style.And one has inside news from Ford inreference too the Boss 429/302,or the Mach1-428CJ/429/or even a Mach1/330.Just courious if some-one has any news on these great muscle cars from back in the day of the late 60s-early/1970s.

I own a 2007 Shelby GT500,was luck paid MSRP-$45,060.00.I'd like a,KR-but the ADM will be rediclious,so I'll wait and see in a year or so.May come down too MSRP,or a reasonable ADM. This is my next concern.Well Ford bring back the Boss Mustang,and the Mach 1,with this increiable back too the future body style.And one has inside news from Ford inreference too the Boss 429/302,or the Mach1-428CJ/429/or even a Mach1/330.Just courious if some-one has any news on these great muscle cars from back in the day of the late 60s-early/1970s.

They are going to build a Boss. Likely will be a 2010. The 2010 will have a new design.

They will likely do a Mach 1 as well.

It is just a matter of when.

Is the 2009 MY still expected to be a short run to make room for the early release of the 2010?

That is only my personal prediction. Ford hasn't said anything about it.

It would make sense if they did. The Challenger will be out this year, the Camero in March of 09, so getting the new mustang out ASAP would make more sense to keep interest in this car strong before losing sales to the Camero and Challenger.

They launched the 08 Super Duty in Jan 07, the Escapes usually hit about March, so why not get the new mustang out early in 09?

Whether they do that or not remains to be seen.

I suspect the BOSS is buttoned down, already in the logistics plan, and ready to 'go' for 1H'09 ('10MY) depending on when G2 says the 400+HP Camaro will fly. I've heard rumors and seen magazines say anywhere from January to June. Maybe it will stay quiet for a while yet. Was hoping to see something at NYIAS this spring, but I'm thinking it will be later. I don't even think we'll get a show 'teaser' because I suspect the BOSS is a done deal so no sense wasting 'hype' on something that's a given unless the competition catches you 'off-guard' somehow. Just my gut, but hwo knows?

Here's what's missing, imo: If the BOSS is the game-card against the hi-po NA camaro, what the game-card for Challenger this year? The Bullitt? I like the Bullitt a lot, but will it be viewed as a Challenger killer? Likely not. So is the existing GT500 that card? It would seem it's certainly up to the Challenger and then some, but there should be a 'lesser' Mustang foiling for Challenger to keep the 'halo' of GT500 bright, imo. Maybe Mach? ...who knows?

Has anyone heard any timing on the Mach and windage on it being a serious Mach (poor man's GT500) vs a tape & sticker NA Cobra vs ?? I've heard very little on this.

One thing I can't understand is the KR shipping with the E-122H instead of the TVS. Maybe the '09 KR will 'fix' that ...or is that the '10MY :hysterical:

Ya gotta love staging ..."we will sell no wine before it's time." :waiting: ;-)

I sure would love too see a 2009,Boss 5.4-natural asparayed Aluminum Block,with around 550-to600HP,and shaker Hood,with rear window Louivers..What a Beast especially with less weight,say 3400-3600-Pounds.But the scare part is ADM as usual Dealerships will be tacking on.Man what a chance too get one if the Price is not too much for our pocket books.And bring back the Mach 1-with the 4.6L-Supercharged like the 2003 SVT-Cobras.We can only have high expectations from Ford being we're about too see the New Camaro450-HP,and LS1,corvete-620plus-HP,and Dodges/Challenger450-HP.Ford at this time does have the Edge on GM,& Dodge.I hope they ,Executives at The Big Blue don't drop the Ball,while there Hot,and before our Government begin's too do as they did in the early 1970's.Crunch the Big HP-Engines and say we have a GAS Shortage,.

I know you guys our age 50/60,know where I'm comming from. I for one think it's only a matter of time before our Beloved Government get's back involved again as in the past.Seems like the PAST allways repeats it self.Just my thoughts.So hopefully lot's of American Muscle Car Enthustics will be able too Buy there Muscle Car at a descent Price. It's just these Dealerships that are Price Golging us and hitting where it Hurt's our Hard Earned American Dollar.Just my 2-cent's worth.A very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500,that me and my Lovely wife waited for 4-decades- 40,plus years,and finially bought one at a very reasonable price-MSRP.Yes we were very luck,but put our Deposit down way back in December of 2004.When we first heard Ford was going to bring the Shelby GT500 back.I called my Dealer in Baton-Rouge,Louisiana and sight or MSRP unseen,or options were able to make a DEAL at STICKER,and put a $500.00 Deposit down and make the Deal. But we've been doing business with them for around 15 years or so. We've bought 3 cobras,96,97,98,2000-Lightning,and a 2003 S281 Cobra,number-97 from Saleen&,from-them,and other vehicles. So maybe that helped us out some,Heck A Heck of a Lot. As said we were very fourtnate.But it Paid off for the 40 year wait.

Randy Fontenot

Duson,Louisiana,70529 MSRP-all options at that time-was $45,060.00,Plus taxes,Title,and handling Fee,around $49-to50Gs,total investment.

Sorry for being Long Winded & my writing is not too good,excuse me not to much Education,due to working on the Farm.That allways came first with my Dad!!!

I sure would love too see a 2009,Boss 5.4-natural asparayed Aluminum Block,with around 550-to600HP,and shaker Hood,with rear window Louivers..What a Beast especially with less weight,say 3400-3600-Pounds.But the scare part is ADM as usual Dealerships will be tacking on.Man what a chance too get one if the Price is not too much for our pocket books.And bring back the Mach 1-with the 4.6L-Supercharged like the 2003 SVT-Cobras.We can only have high expectations from Ford being we're about too see the New Camaro450-HP,and LS1,corvete-620plus-HP,and Dodges/Challenger450-HP.Ford at this time does have the Edge on GM,& Dodge.I hope they ,Executives at The Big Blue don't drop the Ball,while there Hot,and before our Government begin's too do as they did in the early 1970's.Crunch the Big HP-Engines and say we have a GAS Shortage,.

I know you guys our age 50/60,know where I'm comming from. I for one think it's only a matter of time before our Beloved Government get's back involved again as in the past.Seems like the PAST allways repeats it self.Just my thoughts.So hopefully lot's of American Muscle Car Enthustics will be able too Buy there Muscle Car at a descent Price. It's just these Dealerships that are Price Golging us and hitting where it Hurt's our Hard Earned American Dollar.Just my 2-cent's worth.A very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500,that me and my Lovely wife waited for for 40,plus years.

Yeah, i don;t think you're gona see 500-600HP NA from a 5.4 that passes a 150K-cert and emissions regs, but I like where you're coming from :)

Have you seen this BOSS Forum -- your existing ID & pw will work but you have to log-in separately ... some good reading and links. Yeah, I loved the whole Parnelli & George TransAm fun in '69-70 :P what a blast they were!

Dan

That is only my personal prediction. Ford hasn't said anything about it.

Ford hasn't said it, but one of the car mags did recently...I just read it. I think it was Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. Often they are wrong...and I don't recall the exact wording...but they did say the '09 MY would be a short run to allow for an early 2010 debut similar to the 64 1/2 Mustang.

Ford hasn't said it, but one of the car mags did recently...I just read it. I think it was Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. Often they are wrong...and I don't recall the exact wording...but they did say the '09 MY would be a short run to allow for an early 2010 debut similar to the 64 1/2 Mustang.

+1. It seems that Shelby Dude's prediction will likely be right. Here is an article found in the MotroTrend that also refer to the '09MY as a short run. It also mentions the possibility of the twin turbo V6 as an engine option, along with (and not as a replacement of) the V8.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve...10_ford_mustang

+1. It seems that Shelby Dude's prediction will likely be right. Here is an article found in the MotroTrend that also refer to the '09MY as a short run. It also mentions the possibility of the twin turbo V6 as an engine option, along with (and not as a replacement of) the V8.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve...10_ford_mustang

I suspect an early '10MY launch has been the plan for quite some time now. Possibly the info releases to be tweaked +/- based on anticipated competitive timing and I've seen production placed anywhere from Jan to June in vaious articles and mags.

At this point I suspect the timing is already fairly well baked. An April launch at NYIAS on/around the 45th anniversary of the '64.5 makes a lot of good marketing sense to me :spiteful: (<-- I like that smiley) even if competitive gamesmanship might make a sneak-preview at LA or Detroit a possibility to damp-down a competitive enthusiasm. But I would think the actual cutover has got to be fairly well baked in the logistics plan by now.

• 3 weeks later...
I win DAN!

This link is for the Knight Rider Car Give away & they say the 2008 GT500KR they are giving away retails for $79,995. Looks like I will the mark my words thread.....

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubnews_08/...08knight212.htm

$79,995 MSRP!

....more than the SS... has to be the CF hood! Great guess, Coldy :shades: (.. is that what you guessed?)

post-4902-1203042751_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1203042751_thumb.jpg

Archived