TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Those Of You With Signed Dash Plaques, Please read!

Bsmoke

Hey all.

I got my signed dash plaque in and put the kyrlon on it and let it cure for two weeks.

I put the plaque on today.

Well... I did not get it on PERFECT.

To the person looking at it. It looks perfect. I mean you have to get VERY close to notice this but here's where it is not perfect.

I seemed to have put the plaque about a half a centimeter too low.

Reason is that on both sides of the top part of it where it curves, it goes a TAD bit over into the crevasse between the AC and the dash.

It does it again about half a centimeter over.

Here's why I am bringing this up.

I am worried that if a tiny bit of air over time goes through these crevasses, that it might lift the tape off the plaque OR that over time the tiny amount of air

and possible moisture might cause the clear coat to come off over time.

I know that in our 06GT the air vents had foam on the outside of the tubing and also an outer tube that was right outside the main tube that let the air through

so that no air could come through those crevasses. I also put the air on high, closed the vents, and felt for air but I could not feel any.

But I worry about stuff all the time so naturally this worries me as well.

Again you really cannot tell it is like this unless you get close up.

I would take the plaque off if it looked to be off, being the way I am...but again you cannot tell unless you are REALLY close.

I took some pics so you all could see what I am talking about.

You can also tell because the bottom part where it curves has a TINY part where you can see the dash.

Should I take it off and redo because of the risks of it coming off or the clear coat coming off or am I just worrying with no need?

Keep in mind again these pics are CLOSE up and you cannot tell unless you are close with the eye.

Thanks!

NOTE: If the pictures of the whole plaque look crooked it is because of the way the camera is held.

It does NOT look crooked at ALL in reality. It looks STRAIGHT in reality. I promise unless you are very close you cannot tell the plaque is not perfect.

If it did not look right even a small amount I would take it off and redo it without second thought.

I am not trying to sway your thoughts one way or another I just want to make sure you guys know the only reason I would take it off and redo it is if

the plaque could come up or the clear coat peel for the reasons I mentioned.

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

One more question.

Are your plaques completely smooth to the touch?

Mine is a tiny bit rough and not completely smooth.

I can't remember if they are like this out of the box due to the material they are made of and how they are cut, or if

maybe something went weird on the clear coat job.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

One more question.

Are your plaques completely smooth to the touch?

Mine is a tiny bit rough and not completely smooth.

I can't remember if they are like this out of the box due to the material they are made of and how they are cut, or if

maybe something went weird on the clear coat job.

Thanks again!

The plaques have an uneven surface at the Shelby logo and vehicle serial number locations, sounds like what you have is normal. If my plaque was not centered it would bother me every time I looked at it. I would use a sharpened piece of teflon, work it loose, take it off and install it centered.

The plaques have an uneven surface at the Shelby logo and vehicle serial number locations, sounds like what you have is normal. If my plaque was not centered it would bother me every time I looked at it. I would use a sharpened piece of teflon, work it loose, take it off and install it centered.

No I don't find it excessive at all.

Shelby is a busy man and has MUCH more to do than just sit and sign plaques.

He has a company to run as well as a foundation and many events, meetings, other daily responsibilities, family, and other things he must do.

He does his best and so does his company to get the items out and I think they do a VERY good job in doing so.

It taking so long is also a comfort in knowing HE signs them personally.

I had to wait an extra month for mine (almost seven months) for it to come in because he was out of town doing things during the car show season.

They sent me notice and apology and I told them to take their time because I was simply happy to be able to own such an item.

Have some patience.

Good things come to those that wait :)

By the way great signature... I will say I wish there was a way to have it redone with a better signature.. Mine looks like Mr Shelby signed it with a really dull sharpie and does not look good at all

8d468487.jpg

Your sig looks great. I much prefer the not so perfect look. He’s not a machine.

No I don't find it excessive at all.

Shelby is a busy man and has MUCH more to do than just sit and sign plaques.

He has a company to run as well as a foundation and many events, meetings, other daily responsibilities, family, and other things he must do.

He does his best and so does his company to get the items out and I think they do a VERY good job in doing so.

It taking so long is also a comfort in knowing HE signs them personally.

I had to wait an extra month for mine (almost seven months) for it to come in because he was out of town doing things during the car show season.

They sent me notice and apology and I told them to take their time because I was simply happy to be able to own such an item.

Have some patience.

Good things come to those that wait :)

The signature looks great, I don't see any problem there. I thought your concern was the placement of the plaque, being just a little low or off center. I used green masking tape to help with the alignment of the plaque, it took a few tries to get it perfect. You would need to place the plastic film back on the sticky tape after you get the plaque off, get your alignment tape placed properly and then remove the plastic and place the plaque and peel off the alignment tape.

I had to wait for mine too and it was worth the wait for sure. I would like to have the dash signed above the glove box too, that looks very cool. Some day!

I would like to have the dash signed above the glove box too, that looks very cool. Some day!

You best pull the trigger. CS is going to be 89 in a couple months and at some point, the signatures will not be available,

His signatures take a long time due to the volume of items he is asked to sign each week, I have read it is in the thousand range sometimes and he's not getting any younger so I imagine it takes a while to get through the back log. I had my dash signed also. He signed it a bit off center, but that just makes it more personal to me, not perfect, but genuine.IMG_3279.jpg

His signatures take a long time due to the volume of items he is asked to sign each week, I have read it is in the thousand range sometimes and he's not getting any younger so I imagine it takes a while to get through the back log. I had my dash signed also. He signed it a bit off center, but that just makes it more personal to me, not perfect, but genuine.IMG_3279.jpg

I agree after all he is going on 89 & he does a great job.

I followed Grabber's posts on getting his airbag cover signed and duplicated his process exactly. I got both of my covers back in less than two weeks I think and they turned out great. This was the first mod I did to both of my cars and the signatures always get a great response. :victory:

I followed Grabber's posts on getting his airbag cover signed and duplicated his process exactly. I got both of my covers back in less than two weeks I think and they turned out great. This was the first mod I did to both of my cars and the signatures always get a great response. :victory:

I wish that was me. It's going on 9 weeks now to get my cover back and still no word. That's fine that it takes a while but don't put 4-6 weeks on your website b/c now I need to figure out how to change addresses on the return when my lease is up

----Finally got it today but I did not get back my camera

Archived