TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forbes list of highest theft rate

sjohnson2615

When I opened my Yahoo homepage,I clicked on an interesting sounding article on the top of the page.It was Forbes list of cars with the highest theft rate.

When it opened I was surprised to see a 2007 White Shelby GT pictured as the lead photo in the article.As it turns out it is the car with the second highest theft rate behind the $92000 Audi A8.

I had no idea that it was in such high demand.

I would post a link,but I am an idiot and do not know how. :headscratch:

The article says "the car most frequently stolen, based on the number of thefts per 1,000 vehicles sold during 2009"

So even though it is showing an '07 SGT it seems like the article is focusing on '09 SGT's. If so it would be interesting to

see what the stats are for all the year model SGT's. And who knows the statisticians may have lumped in the GT500's with the SGT's.

No matter which year car we have weall know they get alot of attention and so the warning is valid for us all.

CC

Those are weird numbers... I think it's only on the list due to low production numbers.

Exactly right.

The article says "which cars by percentage sold are the most likely to by targeted by thieves."

vs "most frequently stolen list each year because of their sheer numbers"

CC

I think

According todata recently released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,the car most frequently stolen, based on the number of thefts per 1,000vehicles sold during 2009, was...

should read:

According todata recently released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,the car most frequently stolen during 2009, based on the number of thefts per1,000 vehicles sold, was...

cuz we all know they only made em two years, 07/08

As far as thefts goes it looks like all the states east of CA don't have too much to worry about "statistically" :slapfight:

there is another link in the article of the 10 worst cities for Auto thefts. 10 worst cities for auto thefts

8 of the 10 are in CA, the other 2 are in WA.

Has anyone invented a Force field yet???

CC

Something is seriously wrong with that article. There weren't even enough SGTs made during the two years they were produced to raise a bump on the overall theft statistics.

Here's another article that makes a helluva lot more sense and falls in line with what I've read previously.

http://www.carinsurancecomparison.com/the-10-most-stolen-cars-in-2011/

I think the writer of the first article had stayed out too late the night before. :headscratch:

Archived