TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadians attending 50th bash

SHELBYCS6

I'm still trying to decide what I will do. The event is scheduled a bit too early for me to go with my car; mid April would have worked much better for me. One one hand, I know that it is supposed to be a great event. On the other, one of the highlights of the event will be the track days, and without a car, those will be more frustrating than anything else. Being at a car event without my car is just not the same form me. If ever I go, I will have to fly to Vegas. Way too expensive for me to have my car shipped from Quebec City to Vegas.

I'm still trying to decide what I will do. The event is scheduled a bit too early for me to go with my car; mid April would have worked much better for me. One one hand, I know that it is supposed to be a great event. On the other, one of the highlights of the event will be the track days, and without a car, those will be more frustrating than anything else. Being at a car event without my car is just not the same form me. If ever I go, I will have to fly to Vegas. Way too expensive for me to have my car shipped from Quebec City to Vegas.

Well..I feel the same way but mid March is not too bad if the car is on a trailer..

The event is a once in a lifetime but to have your own vehicle there would really make it for me as well.

I would not ship the car as it's over $3,000.00 round trip but I would consider using a trailer.

Gas would be about $1,200.00 return then a few hotel charges so you could do it for roughly half the cost but there would be five days of driving at 15 hours a day.

Or....get on a plane and in a few hours your there...rent a GT Mustang somewhere and enjoy a few days

I feel the same way, I would love to attend but again too early to drive the car

I will try to rent a 5.0l to at least have some of the fun but would be much better with my own car

Well..I feel the same way but mid March is not too bad if the car is on a trailer..

The event is a once in a lifetime but to have your own vehicle there would really make it for me as well.

I would not ship the car as it's over $3,000.00 round trip but I would consider using a trailer.

Gas would be about $1,200.00 return then a few hotel charges so you could do it for roughly half the cost but there would be five days of driving at 15 hours a day.

Or....get on a plane and in a few hours your there...rent a GT Mustang somewhere and enjoy a few days

• 4 weeks later...

I would go, but my wife won't let me!

...Apparently she wants me to be home for the birth of our daughter.

Smart move Stephen................wife could hold that one over your head for long time.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family.

• 1 month later...

Archived