TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Super Snake on ebay, $51K

I just ran across this auction on e-bay.

It's for a 2010 Alloy/Black Super Snake Convertable with a Buy It Now/BIN price of.......$51,000.oo.

Looking at the description, something is SCREWY. They say "all work done by Roush Racing and under Ford warranty".

HUH? Either someone is trying to pull a fast one, or someone doesn't know what they have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-2010-Ford-Shelby-GT-500-Mustang-Super-Snake-Mod-/140633347790?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20be6696ce

A HA! I just found out what is screwy. IT IS NOT A SUPER SNAKE, it is a CLONE. It has a stock SC (w/pulley), non-SS alcoa wheels, etc. etc. etc.

Phill Pollard (NO affiliation with the auction or the car)

No interior plaque . Wheels are plain shelby wheels & no super snake centres

No carbon fiber splitter or rockers, OEM brakes, Shelby (not Super Snake) engine caps, etc. etc. etc.

I read the item description much closer and he worded it carefully. If someone didn't know much about a true Super Snake, I think they'd be fooled by his auction.

He never says the CAR is a Super Snake and in fact he says it's a GT500 with "Super Snake Mod", which kind of insinuates it's a Super Snake.

But then he says they are Super Snake TIRES and WHEELS when in reality they are Shelby Forged Alcoa (SS STYLE) wheels and I couldn't see what tires he has on it.

The "built by Roush Racing" was my first clue that something was off.

Still, I wonder how he or Roush got a Super Snake hood for a 2010+ because Shelby just isn't letting go of them.

Phill

No carbon fiber splitter or rockers, OEM brakes, Shelby (not Super Snake) engine caps, etc. etc. etc.

I read the item description much closer and he worded it carefully. If someone didn't know much about a true Super Snake, I think they'd be fooled by his auction.

He never says the CAR is a Super Snake and in fact he says it's a GT500 with "Super Snake Mod", which kind of insinuates it's a Super Snake.

But then he says they are Super Snake TIRES and WHEELS when in reality they are Shelby Forged Alcoa (SS STYLE) wheels and I couldn't see what tires he has on it.

The "built by Roush Racing" was my first clue that something was off.

Still, I wonder how he or Roush got a Super Snake hood for a 2010+ because Shelby just isn't letting go of them.

Phill

Nice work detective Pollard !!!

it never said it was a SS. says SS hood. OP needs to read.

If you read OP's follow-up comments, you'll see OP *did* read and in fact states that very same thing.

Pot? Meet Kettle....

Phill "OP" Pollard

Archived