TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 8 quart oil pan

dbackg

What do you run?

I'm all natural at the moment, as the SGT is still my daily driver. I'm accumulating parts to be stalled all at once sometime down the road. Plan to go with a BMR/Shelby KMember if I don't go with a full Griggs SLA set-up. Or say 'screw it' and trade for a BOSS.

I'm all natural at the moment, as the SGT is still my daily driver. I'm accumulating parts to be stalled all at once sometime down the road. Plan to go with a BMR/Shelby KMember if I don't go with a full Griggs SLA set-up. Or say 'screw it' and trade for a BOSS.

I saw at SEMA that Kenny Brown is releasing a tubular front end for these cars. I'm still holding my breath for MM to make one before swapping however. :sing_rain:

Awesome news. Just curious did they offer to help a little on the cost of the new installation?

Knowing how cool Robert and Sharon are I would bet they would offer you at least a couple hundered dollars in Shelby Bucks to spend in the store?

Mostly weight savings. Which will go along way to saving your brakes. It will also be stiffer, if made right, and will make maintenace much easier as it will take up much less real-estate.

Thanks for explaining to me what benefits one would get from this mod.

I also read the description for the k-member on the Shelby store which is really well written. Here is the info that they have on the site.

As demands for higher performance grows, so does the need for more horsepower and lighter vehicle weights. Shelby American has the perfect solution to meet both of those needs. Our tubular K-member lowers the engine by 1/2", allowing for larger supercharger to hood clearance while shaving 20 pounds off of the front end. When combined with our lower control arms, you can knock close to 30lbs. off of the front end of your Mustang or Shelby!

This reduction in weight directly effects the front end, which equates to an improved weight distribution. The result is better braking, cornering and handling.*

Replacing K-members can often be a complicated task, however, our design can replace your stock unit in under 2-hours with hand tools.

Applications:

2005-2010 Ford and Shelby Mustangs.

Color:

Gun metal

Notes:

Laser etched with the famous "CS" racing logo.

Weights 24lbs., a reduction of 20lbs. from the factory unit, which weighs 44 lbs.

Uses factory A-arms of either of our Shelby American arms.

* Due to the nature of this assembly, you can expect additional engine noise and vibration in the vehicle's body. clear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gifDBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gif

Sorry, I missed this the fist time around.

Primarily, it is for weight savings. I think it was 20 lbs. vs. 45 lbs. If you also put tube lower control arms on, you'll save another 11 lbs. per side (I weighed them against each other myself).

A bouns is that it looks cool! <lol>

The OEM K-member *looks* huge (and is) but I guess looks can be deceiving when it comes to weight. However, I will add that I did NOT weigh the OEM subframe against the Shelby (BMR) subframe so I'm only going by what Shelby and BMR say regarding the weight difference.

Oh, and the Shelby K-member drops the engine 1/2" too. You can make a 1/2" spacer to sit between the motor mount pad on the engine and the motor mount itself if you want to keep your engine at OE height but I felt the lower engine (weight) might help it turn a little better, as well as the weight savings.

Frankly, I don't think it's worth 500 bucks though (the weight savings).

HTH,

Phill

Thanks Phill for the details as well.

Replacing K-members can often be a complicated task, however, our design can replace your stock unit in under 2-hours with hand tools.

That's more of what I experienced. Like I said, I did mine on my back with the car on stands and I didn't have anywhere near *SIX* hours into it. And they ran over THAT???

Note their description says you can REPLACE it in under 2-hrs. That's IN, and OUT....

Sorry, but the OP got stuffed on his bill. Plus, four 13mm or 15mm bolts and you can change motor mounts for a additional 10 minutes time.

Wow, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I NEED TO GET BACK INTO THE BUSINESS!!! Too many freakin' HACKS out there that want to make dishonest money rather than make less in honest money and have repeat customers.

MANNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnn,

Phill

Archived