TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hood & Stripe

SRE111

I am looking to purchase the Super Snake hood however Shelby Racing stated that they would not sell the Hood unless I have Super Snaked my GT500 through them. So I am looking if anyone knows of an aftermarket Hood that is Durable, Also I want to install a Flat Black Stripe on my black Shelby, however they wouldn't sell me the stripe as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks !!

I am looking to purchase the Super Snake hood however Shelby Racing stated that they would not sell the Hood unless I have Super Snaked my GT500 through them. So I am looking if anyone knows of an aftermarket Hood that is Durable, Also I want to install a Flat Black Stripe on my black Shelby, however they wouldn't sell me the stripe as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks !!

ive been a member for 3 years and seen this question before--i dont think youll find one---buy a real Snake if you like the looks

Thanks !!

I was looking for one also.check this one out :camera:

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20fomugtshsu.html

I love the look of the Super Snake hood but I would feel like a poser putting it on w/o actually having the SS package. How do you guys feel?

if you dont put the words SuperSnake on the car, its all good in my book. If I got a 2010+ GT500 definately would gett a SuperSnake style hood on the car

Thanks !!

I have looked into the same thing.

Found BMC to be a source for the hood. Hood

StuckOnYouGraphics.com (Stripes)

Hope this helps.

Darryl

USAF

Here is what I did. Used the BMC Black Mamba Hood and was able to find a source for satin black frosted stripes that was pretty close to the factory stripes. I couldn't get anyone from Ford to give me a source for the factory satin black stripes, but what I found is close enough for my liking.

Thanks !!

post-26239-0-34234700-1321210389_thumb.jpg

post-26239-0-36530600-1321210404_thumb.jpg

post-26239-0-35393300-1321210418_thumb.jpg

post-26239-0-34234700-1321210389_thumb.jpg

post-26239-0-36530600-1321210404_thumb.jpg

post-26239-0-35393300-1321210418_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What about the hood from BMCExtreme...the design looks functional:

"This hood has Built-in Ram Air Kit which is fully functional. The cool air enters open front air scoops and is directed to the air box location. The top vents are fully functional and work as heat extractors. The Fiberglass Heat Extractor Vents Grille (Stainless Steel Optional) are removable and can be painted separated from the hood to add a unique look. The Quality is show room finish. The hood is hand laid fiberglass with smooth gel coat that is finished on both the top and bottom of the hood. There are Reinforced Metal Latch & Hinge Plate For Additional Safety. The integrated stainless mesh grille gives it a complete look. This hood is made to be a direct bolt on using OEM Hardware."

What performance increase woukd result from the cool air intake, alone?

That's the hood I have. It is functional, but I cannot tell you about any performance increases. Certainly nothing noticeable just by changing the hood out to this from stock obviously. From a purely "that's cool" perspective the whine from the supercharger can be heard alot better with this hood than the stock hood in my opinion. You'll have to catch someone that has stats on their car with the stock hood and then going to this one.

What about the hood from BMCExtreme...the design looks functional:

"This hood has Built-in Ram Air Kit which is fully functional. The cool air enters open front air scoops and is directed to the air box location. The top vents are fully functional and work as heat extractors. The Fiberglass Heat Extractor Vents Grille (Stainless Steel Optional) are removable and can be painted separated from the hood to add a unique look. The Quality is show room finish. The hood is hand laid fiberglass with smooth gel coat that is finished on both the top and bottom of the hood. There are Reinforced Metal Latch & Hinge Plate For Additional Safety. The integrated stainless mesh grille gives it a complete look. This hood is made to be a direct bolt on using OEM Hardware."

What performance increase woukd result from the cool air intake, alone?

I love the look of the Super Snake hood but I would feel like a poser putting it on w/o actually having the SS package. How do you guys feel?

Does the same hold true for the 20" Alcoa Dura-Bright "Super Snake" wheels?

How about any of the Superchargers Shelby uses?

Would you feel like a "poser" if you put a 2.3L TVS, or a FRPP/Whipple 2.9, or a Kenne Bell 3.6L LC supercharger on your car?

And what about the two suspension options Shelby uses?

How about the SS splitter that Shelby sells? Mirror caps? Side rockers? And the list goes on and on and on and on and on.....

You can probably guess my answer! <lol>

Phill Pollard

Archived