TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beyond Ridiculous

This weekend I finally gave in and dewinterized our RV - a total PITA to have to do and re-do - but at least we now have a warm place to cook, eat and shower. We still sleep in the house (don't want to drag all the bedding, clothes, etc. out here). The RV generaor charges my laptop and our other stuff and I'm tethering to my iPhone for internet. A little slow but it works!

I have another fairly new generator also, but it picked this week to die on me! :rant2:

We're hearing this may go on until Wednesday night...or more...

This weekend I finally gave in and dewinterized our RV - a total PITA to have to do and re-do - but at least we now have a warm place to cook, eat and shower. We still sleep in the house (don't want to drag all the bedding, clothes, etc. out here). The RV generaor charges my laptop and our other stuff and I'm tethering to my iPhone for internet. A little slow but it works!

I have another fairly new generator also, but it picked this week to die on me! :rant2:

We're hearing this may go on until Wednesday night...or more...

That really sucks Bob. Sorry you have to go thru this. After Hurricane Irene, I was without power for 5 days. I thought that was unacceptable. I immediately went out and bought a nice size generator and transfer switch and hooked it all up to my house's service panel. Of course now I won't lose power for the next 30 years. :hysterical:

After 11 days, we now have heat and power!

Wow, that was rough.

Hey just saw your post if I saw it earlier you could have borrowed my generator !!! its a 5000watt briggs & stratton. We went one day this with no electric the last winter we went a couple of days. We had to storm homedepot for the generator. I would have liked an 8000 watt generator !! This time, I was caught off guard had 30 gallons of gas on hand plus all cars filled up just in case we run low then back up plan switch to propane heat portable. Then kerosine heater and if that falls back up power inverters for the cars to run my pellet stove. But since the wife doesn't care for heat along with my 4yr old it was about 57 degrees in my house they were loving it. So, I ended up in the back bedroom with my plug in oil radiator heater and stayed in there till the power came on.

Archived