TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spotted at SEMA Yesterday...

Jer

I've seen this car (or pix of it) somewhere before... sorry if it's a repost.

All I could think was "ughhhh..."

Jer

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

That's got to be a Retro Built example. There's just a lot of dimentions on that car that don't work for me. Mostly behind the rear wheelwell. I like what they are trying to do, it just does not come off very well.

That's got to be a Retro Built example. There's just a lot of dimentions on that car that don't work for me. Mostly behind the rear wheelwell. I like what they are trying to do, it just does not come off very well.

There were no signs near it, but it WAS near the cars with the "retro-look" chrome bumper add ons... I think the company WAS actually called "Retro".

Jer

A company is producing them. There has been a few on EBAY. The first one I saw was Red, then a White one, a Grabber Green one, a Grabber Blue one and now this Blue one. Personally I like it. I would love to have the Front Clip.

A company is producing them. There has been a few on EBAY. The first one I saw was Red, then a White one, a Grabber Green one, a Grabber Blue one and now this Blue one. Personally I like it. I would love to have the Front Clip.

I think it IS from these guys:

http://www.retrobuilt.com/

The '69 Boss look-alike is another interesting one. Not as painful to look at for me.

Jer

Jer,

Did you happen to look at this one in the Afco Dynatech booth? This is the one that my friend hand built with a 2011 GT. These lines I think work much better. But that is my personal opinion of course!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

These are 2005 tail lights, messaged just a bit.

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

If interested, here is the post on the full build of this car:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68699-sneak-peek-amazing-one-off-retro-concept-2011-gt/

Jer,

Did you happen to look at this one in the Afco Dynatech booth? This is the one that my friend hand built with a 2011 GT. These lines I think work much better. But that is my personal opinion of course

These are 2005 tail lights, messaged just a bit.

If interested, here is the post on the full build of this car:

http://www.teamshelb...oncept-2011-gt/

Yup, I took a few pix of that too.. I didn't like the 1/4 windows, but the car was overall a lot more palateable... and it had a cool vibe.

Jer

Yup, I took a few pix of that too.. I didn't like the 1/4 windows, but the car was overall a lot more palateable... and it had a cool vibe.

Jer

Yea, there will be custom flush louver plates that go in there. Didn't have time to get those done. Hence the reason for the recessed 1/4 windows.

Yea, there will be custom flush louver plates that go in there. Didn't have time to get those done. Hence the reason for the recessed 1/4 windows.

THAT sounds cool.

BTW, I posted a Topic right above this one with all my SEMA pix...

Jer

Can the general public get in to SEMA

No, it's "industry-only". I was lucky (for the first time) that a friend let me go as a member of his company.

Jer

Wish he did not paint the bumpers. That being said, does not look bad painted but the chrome would be nice.

Actually, this is just in primer sealer. The car has not even been painted yet. Painting the bumpers was just a last minute decision, that worked better with the sealer. It will be interesting to see what was decided at SEMA this week as to how to paint the car once complete.

There were no signs near it, but it WAS near the cars with the "retro-look" chrome bumper add ons... I think the company WAS actually called "Retro".

Jer

NOT at the price they want!

Archived