TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Continued from last topic

On my last post on the intake manifold with my car going into safe mode or as it should be called F mode. I went to google and put in my cars info to see what comes up well from that alone. I got a lot of info of mostly 2007 mustang gt's with the same problem along with other brand cars. Same exact problem same codes and like mine with no codes and car freaking out some guys went to their ford dealers and they couldn't fix it. So they are driving around with problem. The worst is it happens without warning and in any gear but in the high speeds so if you need to pass someone and bam your screwed.

I have not contacted ford or my dealer yet but will go thru the TSB's first. I'm to sick and grumpy as usual to deal with anyone !!!

Any help will save a human life from my charming persona :finger:

Also it happens to cars that are completely stock the only thing, I thought it was to much air flow or too dense of air.

On my last post on the intake manifold with my car going into safe mode or as it should be called F mode. I went to google and put in my cars info to see what comes up well from that alone. I got a lot of info of mostly 2007 mustang gt's with the same problem along with other brand cars. Same exact problem same codes and like mine with no codes and car freaking out some guys went to their ford dealers and they couldn't fix it. So they are driving around with problem. The worst is it happens without warning and in any gear but in the high speeds so if you need to pass someone and bam your screwed.

I have not contacted ford or my dealer yet but will go thru the TSB's first. I'm to sick and grumpy as usual to deal with anyone !!!

Any help will save a human life from my charming persona :finger:

Also it happens to cars that are completely stock the only thing, I thought it was to much air flow or too dense of air.

OK, so we've eliminated the O2 sensor and the fuel filter, (unless there's some more gunk in there, and there's a real possibility that if you got some, you've got MORE!), my next move would be to check the air filter and Mass Airflow sensor. If you've ever changed/cleaned/re-oiled your air filter, the MAF can get fouled and cause the issue you describe. Case in point - ME! When I installed the supercharger, the OEM MAF couldn't keep up and the car literally "hit a wall" at certain RPMs, then would be normal for a bit, then do it again!

Good luck!

Sam

OK, so we've eliminated the O2 sensor and the fuel filter, (unless there's some more gunk in there, and there's a real possibility that if you got some, you've got MORE!), my next move would be to check the air filter and Mass Airflow sensor. If you've ever changed/cleaned/re-oiled your air filter, the MAF can get fouled and cause the issue you describe. Case in point - ME! When I installed the supercharger, the OEM MAF couldn't keep up and the car literally "hit a wall" at certain RPMs, then would be normal for a bit, then do it again!

Good luck!

Sam

I have been on this computer most of the day reading other forums about the similar problems. If you saw my pic's of my engine compartment. After the paint job, I pulled everything apart and clean and painted it removed Mass air flow cleaned it with the proper cleaning spray. Then let it dry off and wrapped in paper towel while painting the housing for it. The air filter was cleaned and reoiled prior to the new intake install and car drove fine. What, I have come up with is this problem happens with a modded or stock mustang V6 or V8. Alot of guys replaced a TPS or the throttle body and problem went a way some guys were lucky with just playing with the connectors. This other guy who had the same problem after the manifold install said his harness was laying on the valve covers and that heated up his wiring to send false readings. But as you said with the new mod your car hit a wall and others also said the same as their cars were in shock from new hp's. I'm going to go over every connector and volt test all electronics from there going to plug my cold air duct. We know to much air can be a problem with the new intake and cold feed duct may be to much. I will get in touch wilth Bama tunes and see if my car needs a new tune with all this air flowing. I'm not going anywhere and in the middle of wet sanding my car for the 5x doing 2000grit to 3000 grit. I was shocked my mother in-law who is dingy was at a ford dealer and she owns a ford pointed out that the wrinkles on the paint. I said all fords paint have orange peel like other car companies that why wet sanding is important. I showed her how it was done and if you screw up the paint job is over. I do each step 2x's first with the sander than by hand over the machine for each grit so there are ne errors left by the sander.

Thanks again Sam!!!

Archived