TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minor Surgery on Friday

Hey fellow TS members:

I'm having some minor surgery on Friday at noon...nothing major, but anytime you add a doctor plus a knife and mix it with anesthesia (hope I spelled that correctly), then I will always get a little nervous.

Nothing compared to Grabber's ordeal, but still making me lose some sleep these past few days. Work has been out of control this week as well, so that's not making matters any better. I hope to be back on my feet again next week...the sooner the better!

Thanks,

Andy.

Hey fellow TS members:

I'm having some minor surgery on Friday at noon...nothing major, but anytime you add a doctor plus a knife and mix it with anesthesia (hope I spelled that correctly), then I will always get a little nervous.

Nothing compared to Grabber's ordeal, but still making me lose some sleep these past few days. Work has been out of control this week as well, so that's not making matters any better. I hope to be back on my feet again next week...the sooner the better!

Thanks,

Andy.

I'm sure you'll be fine! And major kudos for your attention to quality spelling and grammar! Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jer

There was only one way I could cope with the stress.

I had to have complete trust and faith in a higher power.

I agree...I've always trusted in Him.

I guess I just needed to talk / type some about it...the wife just seems more focused on her "world" right now.

With work being a major challenge right now, 2010 Expedition has tranny leak they can't seem to pinpoint, and surgery coming up tomorrow, I'm just a little stressed right now.

As they say...this too shall pass....

You guys will need to post tons of interesting stuff over the next several days so that I'll have something to read while in recovery after college football games are over!!!

Andy.

Good Luck. I know how you feel, just think positive thoughts. Last time I went under the Knife (Out Patiant Surgery) I was able to make it go my way. I don't sleep at night and I spent the two weeks before the Surgery getting in the "Mind Set" to take advantage of the anesthesia. I told the Doctor that I was NOT going to Wake up until I am Ready. He laughed and said I would be home before Lunch. I was wheeled into Surgery at 9:45am. They close at 6:00pm. At 6:30pm my eyes cracked open and I remember hearing the Nurse say "FINALLY". My Dad helped her get me in the Wheelchair and they wheeled my to the Van. My Dad said I had this wierd Grin on my Face and kept saying "I told you so" (I dont remember that). On the down side, I didn't sleep a wink for 4 Days straight. Thats ok though, I am used to that.

Oh....One more thing, just before they put you under,......... Just keep saying to yourself "I will not dream of Bunnies.......I will not dream of Bunnies......I will not dream of Bunnies.......I will not dream of Bunnies".

Oh....One more thing, just before they put you under,......... Just keep saying to yourself "I will not dream of Bunnies.......I will not dream of Bunnies......I will not dream of Bunnies.......I will not dream of Bunnies".

No, dream of Devil Bunnies...Devil Bunnies...Devil Bunnies...Devil Bunnies... :hysterical:

You'll do fine!

Sam

Andy, all the best of luck to you. I know where you are coming from.

Up until last January, my experience with hospitals has been as a visitor. A year ago next week, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery on 1/18/11. I was terrified, having never been put under before plus the not knowing what the surgeon would find. Everything was and is fine. They sent me home in 24 hrs and here I am.

Now I’m facing a total hip replacement on 12/5. I guess 2011 will go down as my Year of the Hospital. I am not too worried this time around since there is no cancer in the mix. :whew:

Keep you chin up and rely on your support groups like family, friends and faith. The true friends will always be there for you, as you would for them.

TS guys are the best friends you’ll ever have. We have all been thru things so we know that whatever your issue is, somebody’s been there, done that and lived to tell about it. Don’t ever apologize for venting with us. That’s what we’re here for. :grouphug:

Again, I’m sure all will go well for you on Friday. :salute:

Erik

Andy, all the best of luck to you. I know where you are coming from.

Up until last January, my experience with hospitals has been as a visitor. A year ago next week, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery on 1/18/11. I was terrified, having never been put under before plus the not knowing what the surgeon would find. Everything was and is fine. They sent me home in 24 hrs and here I am.

Now I'm facing a total hip replacement on 12/5. I guess 2011 will go down as my Year of the Hospital. I am not too worried this time around since there is no cancer in the mix. :whew:

Keep you chin up and rely on your support groups like family, friends and faith. The true friends will always be there for you, as you would for them.

TS guys are the best friends you'll ever have. We have all been thru things so we know that whatever your issue is, somebody's been there, done that and lived to tell about it. Don't ever apologize for venting with us. That's what we're here for. :grouphug:

Again, I'm sure all will go well for you on Friday. :salute:

Erik

Erik,

Great post...

^ +1

Thanks for all the moral support from the TS Family...you guys are great about keeping my spirits up!

I was planning on dreaming about the drive to SAI from Atlanta for the 550 SC upgrade, but I think I like the LeMans idea even better!! :shift:

Maybe that will be the first stop on the way back from SAI....

Thanks fellas!

I'll report back on Friday night.

Andy.

I'm back home!

Arrived at home, little sore, but otherwise OK. Glad this is behind me, and now it's just a waiting game to get back to 100 percent.

The Doctor said to stay in low gear for at least the next week.

Trying to stay off the pain meds...for obvoius reasons.

Keep those new threads coming for me to read up on this weekend!!!

Thanks again for everyones well wishes and comments!! The TS family is awesome.

Andy.

Welcome back! See what I told you about TS, we won't let a brother (or sister) down! happy%20feet.gif

One thing I learned from my medical issues this year, listen to the docs. Don't push it even if you think you feel okay. They've see it all I'm sure you don't wantto start over with your recovery. Just saying.

I'm back home!

Arrived at home, little sore, but otherwise OK. Glad this is behind me, and now it's just a waiting game to get back to 100 percent.

The Doctor said to stay in low gear for at least the next week.

Trying to stay off the pain meds...for obvoius reasons.

Keep those new threads coming for me to read up on this weekend!!!

Thanks again for everyones well wishes and comments!! The TS family is awesome.

Andy.

Cool.....Good to hear.....Take Care.... :rockon:

Feeling pretty good today...kids are being super sweet, and getting Daddy whatever he needs!!

It's a close battle between them and Mom to see who is taking better care of me!

Even thought I feel pretty good, I was warned to lay low for several days no matter how good I feel.

With a great day of College Football here, it will be easy to just sit back and relax today.

The weather here in Atlanta is perfect...so many things I would be doing outside with the kids, but that will be for a different day.

Andy.

Well, believe it or not, I slept through most of yesterday - stayed up long enough to watch the LSU vs Bama game.

Then I slept again off and on today starting at noon, and of all things the stiches are starting to hurt where they closed me up.

May have to head back to the Dr. if this continues...back is killing me too from laying down so much. I'm used to being up and on the go from 5 am to 11 pm each day. I've been on Tylenol every 5 to 6 hours since Friday, and that seems to help so this may not be anything to worry about. I feel like I could fall asleep right now and I just drove in to the office to take care of some paperwork a client is wanting for tomorrow while I'm out (2012 Planning Conf for next 2 days). I don't usually take Tylenol, so i wonder if that is what is making me feel so groggy.

Can't wait to get back to normal....

Andy.

....so did you get your tube cut and welded shut. I remember when I did that and I did not take it easy and then regretted not following the doctors advice.

Pass the peas please....frozen if you don't mind....

Archived