TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front bumper problem

OK, I love my GT-H but am no weekend mechanic. I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has had a similar problem.

There is a flat piece of plastic that connects from the bumper to about four feet back under the engine. Some call it a snow guard, some call it an engine guard. It is a very easy piece to install and there are small plastc "screws" or "clips" that hold it in place on the bottom of the front bumper. The dealer cannot tell me what these are when ask in the parts department. I had clips that worked for about a month from NAPA auto, but they fell out. does anyone know what the part number is for these clips that they could share with me?

Some bad advice has been:

Drill new holes because the clips are falling out because the holes are too big. I'm not drilling anything new into my baby except for a stupid front licence plate holder required by Canadian law.

Don't put the clips in, this works well if I don't want to go over 120km-hr.

Any advice would be appreciated on a parts number ore a name for this clips. It is rumored that the GT-H has the same front bumper as the California Special, but I don't know this for sure.

OK, I love my GT-H but am no weekend mechanic. I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has had a similar problem.

There is a flat piece of plastic that connects from the bumper to about four feet back under the engine. Some call it a snow guard, some call it an engine guard. It is a very easy piece to install and there are small plastc "screws" or "clips" that hold it in place on the bottom of the front bumper. The dealer cannot tell me what these are when ask in the parts department. I had clips that worked for about a month from NAPA auto, but they fell out. does anyone know what the part number is for these clips that they could share with me?

Some bad advice has been:

Drill new holes because the clips are falling out because the holes are too big. I'm not drilling anything new into my baby except for a stupid front licence plate holder required by Canadian law.

Don't put the clips in, this works well if I don't want to go over 120km-hr.

Any advice would be appreciated on a parts number ore a name for this clips. It is rumored that the GT-H has the same front bumper as the California Special, but I don't know this for sure.

That's it - It is the same as a California Special front bumper. I have the same problem when I try and get those same parts for my SGT. The parts guys just don't get it. Tell them you have a California Special and you need those parts and you should be good to go.

Excellent, I'll try that, much appreciated. I'll keep you posted of the results.

Love your cars BTW!

Before you drill the bumper, there are license plate brackets that can be installed so you do not have to drill the front. Search the threads as this has been discussed several times.

• 8 months later...

Archived