TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Widebody Super Snake

I do like the wide body look.

A member on SVTPerf.com had a wide body, I asked him what size tires he had front and rear, he said 275's and 325's (I think). The difference was that the wide body allows for the car to be dropped over the tires and our non-wide body GT500's with the same size tires do not allow for the tucked-in/dropped look.

Have the 1/4 windows been removed and filled?

R

05-shelby-gt500-super-snake-widebody.jpg

i like the Alcoas much better

^^^^^^^^^^^^I do also.

I see a 295 is fitted on the front of this wide body, maybe a 335 or 345 on the rear?

The fake rivet "deep dish" look was popular 8+ years ago and now a real three piece wheel, with that same "deep dish look" looks somewhat dated to me.................Maybe it is just me?

R

Eh, I'm iffy on this. It's kinda hard to decide for me. The wheels are allright, but I can't really picture them as being the new Super Snake wheels to replace the Alcoas.

Here's a video of what I believe is the Super Snake before it was converted to a widebody (caption confirms the conversion).

It probably is the same car because the widebody Snake has JBA mufflers on it like the one in the video which also leads into me questioning JBA's involvement and also a bit off topic:

I know that JBA offers mufflers for the 2011-12 Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote and I can't find a single website with JBA offering an exhaust for the 2011-12 GT500s. Does that mean the 2011-12 Mustang 5.0 Coyote JBA mufflers can fit on a 2011-12 GT500 (both having a 3 inch exhaust) and still be calibrated properly? I would also love to see it as an option once again for the 2013 Super Snake (if Shelby decides to build one that is).

Eh, I'm iffy on this. It's kinda hard to decide for me. The wheels are allright, but I can't really picture them as being the new Super Snake wheels to replace the Alcoas.

Here's a video of what I believe is the Super Snake before it was converted to a widebody (caption confirms the conversion).

It probably is the same car because the widebody Snake has JBA mufflers on it like the one in the video which also leads into me questioning JBA's involvement and also a bit off topic:

I know that JBA offers mufflers for the 2011-12 Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote and I can't find a single website with JBA offering an exhaust for the 2011-12 GT500s. Does that mean the 2011-12 Mustang 5.0 Coyote JBA mufflers can fit on a 2011-12 GT500 (both having a 3 inch exhaust) and still be calibrated properly? I would also love to see it as an option once again for the 2013 Super Snake (if Shelby decides to build one that is).

Those Flat Black Super Snake stripes really blend in well, I can't even see them. Are they even there?

R

No on the wheels. There is no stripe on the car. It is now a painted tungsten stripe. This car was build by Shelby American as a stock Super Snake then sent to our speed shop for a 1,000 HP package. It was then sent to GAS for the remainder of the work.

Hope this helps.

Roger

No on the wheels. There is no stripe on the car. It is now a painted tungsten stripe. This car was build by Shelby American as a stock Super Snake then sent to our speed shop for a 1,000 HP package. It was then sent to GAS for the remainder of the work.

Hope this helps.

Roger

I'm guessing you did the JBA mufflers. What headers is this car also running?

Hope this helps.

Roger

Then why doesnt it bear the original emblem? Hoodcoop is fine,though.Tires...lets say they're modded.Then,what about rear window panel?

Overall,if someone sells it to me on a budget,I'll surely love to own it,but I'll refuse to tell everybody its a SuperSnake.Looks more like a modded GT500. :shift:

I'm guessing you did the JBA mufflers. What headers is this car also running?

That was probably part of the 1000 horse upgrade done at SM after SA was done with the production Super Snake, I wonder if it has a full 3" JBA as was an available SPP option for the earlier Super Snakes?

R

The article said PZero's 335/30's

When I first saw that guys on here were using the 335/30 Pilot Sport PS2's with the widened Alcoa's I found the 335/30 Pirelli P Zero and thought that would be a Great tire to use for Alcoa widening, move the original Pirelli P Zero 275's to the front on the original 9's and use the 335/30 P Zero's on the rear with widened Alcoa's. It seemed like the least expensive way to get matching wide tires on the rear and still keep/use some of the original rubber, BUT.............once I saw that these P Zero 335/30's spec'ed at a 13.8" section width and I knew that it was already tight with the Pilot Sport 335/30's spec'ed at 13.5"................it was a nice thought, but it would be too tight.

So it seems that this wide body has the same tire size 335/30 as what has been explored and installed by many on here, so there is no traction advantage gained in its current configuration.

I wonder how much weight has been added with the wide body to that already heavy Super Snake?

It is a beautiful car for a SEMA setting.

BTW - I just checked Tire Rack and the 335/30 Pirelli P Zero is now listed as "new" and shows a section width of 13.2". This may be a realistic alternative to the 335/30 Pilot Sport and allow a Super Snake owner to match rubber on all four corners and reuse two tires from the Super Snake build?

R

That was probably part of the 1000 horse upgrade done at SM after SA was done with the production Super Snake, I wonder if it has a full 3" JBA as was an available SPP option for the earlier Super Snakes?

R

I'm wondering about the same thing too. If they do, why aren't the offering it on JBA or any other performance Mustang's website? Unless it is possible to put the headers for the iron block GT500s on one with the aluminum block.

I'm wondering about the same thing too. If they do, why aren't the offering it on JBA or any other performance Mustang's website? Unless it is possible to put the headers for the iron block GT500s on one with the aluminum block.

The 3" JBA that was offered early in the Super Snake production through SPP was available from the manifolds (or shorty headers) back, OR with long tubes to the back. Both had a high flow catted, or no cat option. The Tips were Shelby specific. JBA no longer offers this unique Shelby set-up.

Picturedownload5-2-09035.jpg

The exhaust shown in the Black Super Snake video is generic JBA. My guess is that JBA is available through SM as part of the 900 and/or 1000 horse upgrade.

R

The 3" JBA that was offered early in the Super Snake production through SPP was available from the manifolds (or shorty headers) back, OR with long tubes to the back. Both had a high flow catted, or no cat option. The Tips were Shelby specific. JBA no longer offers this unique Shelby set-up.

Picturedownload5-2-09035.jpg

The exhaust shown in the Black Super Snake video is generic JBA. My guess is that JBA is available through SM as part of the 900 and/or 1000 horse upgrade.

R

Ok. Thanks! I'm only asking because I have plans on getting a used 2012 or a used 2013 GT500 and I am planning on installing either a full JBA exhaust system or ARH headers with JBA mufflers. (if they offer a JBA exhaust for the 2013 5.8 that is. Defiantly would install it if I get a 2012.) But that will be something to worry about in a few year. I'm going into my freshman year of college in less than a year and want to get a GT500 after I graduate and I am 25. I'm also trying to collect/learn a lot of modification info so once I get one, I know what exactly is available for my car. That is why I am asking about stuff like JBA exhausts being on the aluminum 5.4 and looking forward to how to mod the new 5.8.

R

You are correct Robert. The car is also running American Racing Headers.

Roger

You are correct Robert. The car is also running American Racing Headers.

Roger

:yahoo: I knew it! This car HAS ARH Headers on it! Just like what I want to put on a '12. If the offer JBA mufflers on the 2013 along with ARH longtubes. You can count me in on that one too.

If Shelby decides on a 2013 Super Snake, here are my list of mods:

K&N CAI with FRPP or JLT resonator delete.

American Racing Headers with custom catted boss 302 H pipe with cutouts for side exhaust. JBA Mufflers for the rear.

Better spark plugs, FRPP 80lb injectors.

MGW shifter

Griggs Suspension

Cams

Revan Racing duel fans and cooling kit

Along with many other mods.

The goal: 790+ RWHP Super Snake on a factory TVS of course ported and pullied.

Archived