TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Even Nastier Version Of The 2008 Shelby GT500KR Coming?

Guest staff2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point I think everyone is now in the loop, so why don't we just get over it and post the pictures, tell the specs, and say what SAI has up their sleeves???

No I am still not saying a word. I am sworn to secrecy. Is 'secrecy' a word? :hysterical2:

You are not in this loop :hysterical:

At this point I think everyone is now in the loop, so why don't we just get over it and post the pictures, tell the specs, and say what SAI has up their sleeves???

No I am still not saying a word. I am sworn to secrecy. Is 'secrecy' a word? :hysterical2:

Acorn is right Rollerboy. He speaks of a different loop. It is the loop that you are not in. :hysterical2:

A positive spin for a $100K limited-edition mustang like the GT500KR or xx...

Build 1000 units so all the parts are homologated for GrandAm/TransAm

Cover the development costs with the KR

Then make the parts available through FRPP for all of us (and anyone else wanting to build their own)

Then go back and reintegrate those parts into production variations that folks can actually afford (thru SA/dealers)

Everyone wins...

Then do an alloy version of the GT500xx for the GR-1 as the next halo car... 650 factory HP @ 2500 lbs?!!! It pays for all the development costs of the piees like the Ford GT did for many of the present goodies.

Then it's '09: push those goodies down into SE mustang variations to the chagrin of the Camaro and Chal.

<This is when HTT comes back from his Brazilian grooming assignment with his stockpile of Ethanol drums>

That gives enough time even for Ford <ok, I'm entitled to a little sarcasm> to finally have a DOHC alloy H/Boss ready for the re-spun 'stang.

Then a friggin 'green' Congress goes awol, pulls the plug on our toys as we sit typing here with numb butts anxiously awaiting the 50th aniversary hybrid GT1000KR-CS-H/E flex-fuel to celebrate Carroll's 94th Birthday ...just after Amy B bumps the Hillary-monster out of the White House!

Amy for President!!! :bandance:

There, that feels better... pass the 'ludes, man. :rockon:

:hysterical2:

Just wondering how many ford gt's where made each year.

Rig,

4100 total made it out of the egg, but I can't tell you the MY breakdown.

This car is untouchable. You thought the ADM's were bad on the GT500, wait till this hit's the show rooms. :drop:

I totally agree with you.

5200 dealers have to share 1000 cars. :finger:

I wonder if they will ship some to Canada?

Did I here that the Shelby GT was not allowed to get shipped to Canada? Why ?

Rig,

4100 total made it out of the egg, but I can't tell you the MY breakdown.

According to Wiki... "Approximately 550 were built in 2004, nearly 1900 in 2005, and just over 1600 in 2006, for a grand total of 4038."

Nice avatar, Jedi Son-of-GT ;-)

I totally agree with you.

5200 dealers have to share 1000 cars. :finger:

I wonder if they will ship some to Canada?

Did I here that the Shelby GT was not allowed to get shipped to Canada? Why ?

Only thing positive I can see coming from this for the current GT500 owners is more parts to choose from.

Hmmm, I wonder if that hood will fit a regular GT??? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Only thing positive I can see coming from this for the current GT500 owners is more parts to choose from.

Hmmm, I wonder if that hood will fit a regular GT??? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I think that's important. Get the parts development costs covered with projects like this so they're available for other projects and thru FRP, etc.

There's a lot of parts that will need homologation for GrandAm/TransAm and 1000 units are enough to qualify in any venue, I think, if they're accepted by the sanctioning body.

According to Wiki... "Approximately 550 were built in 2004, nearly 1900 in 2005, and just over 1600 in 2006, for a grand total of 4038."

Nice avatar, Jedi Son-of-GT ;-)

Thanks for info. I'm trying to compare the kr and gt as far as production. I have never seen a gt on the street and this will probably be true for the kr.

I'm reposting this on this thread as a educated guess of what the second surprise will be after the "KR" release at nyc,...how about this one,..... Shelby will offer a GT500 power upgrade kit for 2007-2008 Shelby GT500s that will make more than 600 horsepower. This kit could be tuned to make close to 800 horsepower. ;)

:bowdown:

I'm reposting this on this thread as a educated guess of what the second surprise will be after the "KR" release at nyc,...how about this one,..... Shelby will offer a GT500 power upgrade kit for 2007-2008 Shelby GT500s that will make more than 600 horsepower. This kit could be tuned to make close to 800 horsepower. ;)

And then he woke up :headspin:

:yup: Amazing what starts happening when the same engineers are shared across SVT and FRT/FRP. I've always said HTT is a smat dude (even tho I miss the promenance of SVT in the products). Time to build up the right parts set for racing and other SEs? Then HTT can come back in time head-up the new high-performance division (I made that up) in 2009 sometime, 'cause that's when the 'war' games begin for real -- at leat that's my warped take ;-)

Did anyone notice that Ford is working with Chip Foose and will show a 5.4 450HP Roots S/C'd F150 Foose Edition at NYIAS -- to be available thru Ford dealers -- not just a concept. Wonder if that's the engine/tune that was initially planned for the GT500 when it was initially planned at 450HP? (with 48# injectors? [iceman, that was for your benefit <lol>]). They never used the word 'Lightning" once in the anouncement, but, hey, I spell it OMEN ;-) -- even if it's moved to a SportTrac/new-Ranger chassis at some point.

:headscratch:I think I have kit already!!! :banvictory:

:headscratch:I think I have kit already!!! :banvictory:

you certainly do!!! ...and I am so envious ;-)

Just curious, lambbo, if the Eaton hi-helix TVS (same benefits and boost range) were available at the same/less cost and fit under the brace, would you have gone that route do you think? ....or was the Whipple a consideration (do they have one appropriate for the '500?).

The KB is awesome!

This is all very fun and interesting even if I don't want or can't afford these things...just raises the excitement a notch. I still prefer more of a "bare bones" car...so I think the car that would really ..ahem... rev my engine would be a ~425 HP NA lightweight Mustang with no Shelby name on it. Give it a lopey idle, make it more like the Cobra R with fewer frills, less badging...and you might get me to bite.

But for goodness sakes, fix some of the weaknesses we've mentioned

* LCAs, UCA (get rid of wheel hop)

* Make a wheel/tire combo that fills the wheel well

* Paint the mirrors body colored

* Offer more interior color options

* Get rid of that fix a flat and give us some type of spare tire

* Get rid of the rear window defroster to save some money...who needs it on a car where the tires should not be used in weather under 40 deg F anyway

* Is there a way to offer optional gear ratios without affecting GG tax? If not...do what you've been doing...it's cheaper for us to retrofit the gears than to pay a higher GG tax

* Think about why so many people are changing exhausts. I know you must meet noise laws..so put a $5 muffler on there to save cost and let us buy something aftermarket.

* and I'm sure there are a few others I've forgotten :hysterical:

Keep 'em coming Ford.

Dave

:yup: Amazing what starts happening when the same engineers are shared across SVT and FRT/FRP. I've always said HTT is a smat dude (even tho I miss the promenance of SVT in the products). Time to build up the right parts set for racing and other SEs? Then HTT can come back in time head-up the new high-performance division (I made that up) in 2009 sometime, 'cause that's when the 'war' games begin for real -- at leat that's my warped take ;-)

Did anyone notice that Ford is working with Chip Foose and will show a 5.4 450HP Roots S/C'd F150 Foose Edition at NYIAS -- to be available thru Ford dealers -- not just a concept. Wonder if that's the engine/tune that was initially planned for the GT500 when it was initially planned at 450HP? (with 48# injectors? [iceman, that was for your benefit <lol>]). They never used the word 'Lightning" once in the anouncement, but, hey, I spell it OMEN ;-) -- even if it's moved to a SportTrac/new-Ranger chassis at some point.

Strange thing... Ford just released the above announcement again ...similar content but this time they say: "Powering the Foose Edition F-150 is a 450-horsepower supercharged Triton V8 that puts out 500 pound-feet of torque at 4,000 rpm, making it the most powerful Ford F-150 since the 2004 Ford SVT Lightning." :shrug: Here's a link to the latest version of the announcement of the it's-not-a-lightning-Lightning <lol> Ford Foose Edition F-150 -- at your dealers in early 2008.

Sorry for the side-track.

Dan

Archived