TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Even Nastier Version Of The 2008 Shelby GT500KR Coming?

Guest staff2

Guest admin.stangs

gt500.600horses.jpg

(Dearborn, Michigan) TheGT500Source - The big news out of Dearborn and Las Vegas today was that, after a forty-year absence, the Shelby GT500KR will return as a 2008 model. The new "King of the Road" will feature a 5.4L engine producing an estimated 540 horses. While that's an increase of 40 horsepower over the 2007 GT500, that 540 figure is only an estimated number. You can definitely look forward to that number going further north.

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR also features more performance upgrade enhancements, which you learn about here.

While Shelby, Mustang and Ford enthusiasts are in a euphoric state over the new GT500KR, Las Vegas is being cautious over the upcoming Camaro, Challenger and Corvette SS, which are all in the works. As Carroll Shelby recently said, "Everybody's trying to catch up" to the 2007 GT500.

But, Shelby & Co. are not known for resting on their laurels - the Las Vegas Company has fire in their eyes and their holding a serious trump card. And what can be more dangerous than a Texan living in Las Vegas holding a trump card? Nothing.

According to sources, we've learned that Shelby is working on, yes, an ever-nastier version of the 2007 GT500 / 2008 GT500KR. The yet to be named GT500xx variant will feature a twin screw blower that will pack a punch as powerful as Shelby's Texas Chili. In fact, a 600+ horsepower GT500xx might be an under statement. Now that's a spicy bowl of chili.

Unlike the P.C. world of impossible upgrades though, Shelby has not forgotten about their 2007 Shelby GT500 owners. If you like the idea of an Extreme-GT500, than add the following ingredients: One 2007 GT500, one 2008 GT500KR and one 40th Anniversary GT500.

Like a good book that keeps you hanging. . .

Additional reporting by Sharon Elliott

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..gosh, someone quick go hide my checkbook :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Damn, that hood has more room under it than Ruf's :hysterical:

Bumped hood + twin-screw* = billet rods? :hyper:

*why a twin-screw when the TVS is coming? May be more info? TVS for the 'masses' <lol> and Whipple for the GT500CS? (or whatever ;))

---

Amy, have I said lately ...YOU ROCK!

A funny thing happened today after I read the official news about the GT500KR. I drove to my dealer where I got my car from becasue I knew it was now ok to let the KR out of the bag, since it went public & I was busting at the seams. I then walked in and started chating with my salesperson & said "Well are you ready for that other new car order I told you I would give you for selling me my GT500 MSRP?

Saleperson "Yup, what does your wife-to-be say you can get for her?" :lol2:

I said" You better sit down for this"

Salesperson "Why does she want a ford focus" :lol2:

AHhhhh, NO!

Salesperson - "A new 2008 Ford EDGE or the new F-450 Flame thrower?

NOT Quite, that would be for me now then wouldn't it.

Salesperson - " What does she want then?" :shrug:

I said " OK, I'll tell you as long as I'm #1 on the list for it?"

Salesperson - "OK, I give up. What is it now? What do you know that I don't?" :headscratch:

She wants the new 2008 Shelby GT500KR!

Salesperson - " That's funny! Their is no such thing" :hysterical:

Wanna bet? Go to :drool: www.StangsUnleashed.com or www.media.ford.com and read the front pages & you will see the photos :camera:

Salesperson - "Are you serious?"...... "You are serious"....... "Their making another Shelby?" :drop:

NO, not just a Shelby, a Shelby GT500KR as in "King of the Road!" :bowdown:

Salesperson - OK, your number 1 on the list, but your not getting it at MSRP this time. :rant:

I said "we'll deal with that when the price is announced & if you can get one?"

Salesperson - I thought she wanted the new EDGE & now she wants a Shelby?

AHhhhhhh.......She doesn't know yet.

Salesperson - "Your a walking deadman when she finds out" :rip:

Uhmmmm Could be, I'll deal with later tonight?

One dealer down, several more to visit today. Just covering all my bases until SAI unleashes the next beast I can't talk about yet :hysterical2:

I love it as much as the next guy but so far until I see SA actually send something out on time with out 95% of the effort from the client I don't care what they come up with. I'll stick with Evolution and others that have what they say and send it when they say.

Yes - I am a little bitter at SA at this point.

Flame suit on - hit me

gt500.600horses.jpg

(Dearborn, Michigan) TheGT500Source - The big news out of Dearborn and Las Vegas today was that, after a forty-year absence, the Shelby GT500KR will return as a 2008 model. The new "King of the Road" will feature a 5.4L engine producing an estimated 540 horses. While that's an increase of 40 horsepower over the 2007 GT500, that 540 figure is only an estimated number. You can definitely look forward to that number going further north.

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR also features more performance upgrade enhancements, which you learn about here.

While Shelby, Mustang and Ford enthusiasts are in a euphoric state over the new GT500KR, Las Vegas is being cautious over the upcoming Camaro, Challenger and Corvette SS, which are all in the works. As Carroll Shelby recently said, "Everybody's trying to catch up" to the 2007 GT500.

But, Shelby & Co. are not known for resting on their laurels - the Las Vegas Company has fire in their eyes and their holding a serious trump card. And what can be more dangerous than a Texan living in Las Vegas holding a trump card?

According to sources, we've learned that Shelby is working on, yes, an ever-nastier version of the 2007 GT500 / 2008 GT500KR. The yet to be named GT500xx variant will feature a twin screw blower that will pack a punch as powerful as Shelby's Texas Chili. In fact, a 600+ horsepower GT500xx might be an under statement. Now that's a spicy bowl of chili.

Unlike the P.C. world of impossible upgrades though, Shelby has not forgotten about their 2007 Shelby GT500 owners. If you like the idea of an Extreme-GT500, than add the following ingredients: One 2007 GT500, one 2008 GT500KR and one 40th Anniversary GT500.

Like a good book that keeps you hanging. . .

Additional reporting by Sharon Elliott

Great story my guess we will be offered a twin screw blower when we get our 40th year package and hopefully it will be warrenty approved.

..gosh, someone quick go hide my checkbook :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Too late, already been to the dealer today to drop off a deposit cheque

A funny thing happened today after I read the official news about the GT500KR. I drove to my dealer where I got my car from becasue I knew it was now ok to let the KR out of the bag, since it went public & I was busting at the seams. I then walked in and started chating with my salesperson & said "Well are you ready for that other new car order I told you I would give you for selling me my GT500 MSRP?

Saleperson "Yup, what does your wife-to-be say you can get for her?" :lol2:

I said" You better sit down for this"

Salesperson "Why does she want a ford focus" :lol2:

AHhhhh, NO!

Salesperson - "A new 2008 Ford EDGE or the new F-450 Flame thrower?

NOT Quite, that would be for me now then wouldn't it.

Salesperson - " What does she want then?" :shrug:

I said " OK, I'll tell you as long as I'm #1 on the list for it?"

Salesperson - "OK, I give up. What is it now? What do you know that I don't?" :headscratch:

She wants the new 2008 Shelby GT500KR!

Salesperson - " That's funny! Their is no such thing" :hysterical:

Wanna bet? Go to :drool: www.StangsUnleashed.com or www.media.ford.com and read the front pages & you will see the photos :camera:

Salesperson - "Are you serious?"...... "You are serious"....... "Their making another Shelby?" :drop:

NO, not just a Shelby, a Shelby GT500KR as in "King of the Road!" :bowdown:

Salesperson - OK, your number 1 on the list, but your not getting it at MSRP this time. :rant:

I said "we'll deal with that when the price is announced & if you can get one?"

Salesperson - I thought she wanted the new EDGE & now she wants a Shelby?

AHhhhhhh.......She doesn't know yet.

Salesperson - "Your a walking deadman when she finds out" :rip:

Uhmmmm Could be, I'll deal with later tonight?

One dealer down, several more to visit today. Just covering all my bases until SAI unleashes the next beast I can't talk about yet :hysterical2:

This is eerily familiar..... :)

Allright Mr. Hotroddercoldy,

Your wifey needs a new car.......yea right :doh: Like you would let her drive the KR year round. :hysterical: Did'nt you say you have 600 miles on your GT500. :shift:

Your killin me over here. :hysterical2:

If you can swing it with mama, my hats off to you. :drop:

Oh ya...she does'nt even know yet. :hysterical2: Your killing me again.

UNBELIVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!! After reading the article on the new KR..I haven't been this excited since I was married :happy feet: :yahoo: , what's that honey..did I just YELL OUT LOUD, :yup: you heard that uh?

sorry honey I'll try to control the out burst,, wife: he must of seen another damn :censored: car on the internet. but babycakes this one is for you. Honest

UNBELIVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!! After reading the article on the new KR..I haven't been this excited since I was married :happy feet: :yahoo: , what's that honey..did I just YELL OUT LOUD, :yup: you heard that uh?

sorry honey I'll try to control the out burst,, wife: he must of seen another damn :censored: car on the internet. but babycakes this one is for you. Honest

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

There are 5200 dealers. There are going to be 1000 KR's made.

With those numbers the car will be in the 6 figures with the ADM. The uppfitters package will be 25K at least. That puts the car at 70K. Add 30K for the ADM (easy) and your at 100K. Throw in another 8K for taxs and fees.

Can you guys afford a $108,000 Shelby?

The little birdie flew by. :hysterical:

With those numbers the car will be in the 6 figures with the ADM. The uppfitters package will be 25K at least. That puts the car at 70K. Add 30K for the ADM (easy) and your at 100K. Throw in another 8K for taxs and fees.

Quick! Someone shoot down that birdy before word gets out! Go get 'em kitty. :hysterical2:

NO NO NO> That is not cool. That eliminates the chances of the real mustang fanatics (drivers/not the collectors) from getting on. 07 GT500 kinda did this but the KR....that would really defeat the whole idea of the mustang. Its supposed to be the "affordable", nowadays "semi-affordable or rob a bank to afford," performance vehicle. With this kind of price, its up their with Vipers and Z06, almost up to the ford GT! That is out of hand! For that price, just MSRP, not even counting ADM, that car better run and handle like no other. AT least up there with Z06 and viper, without the need of a single mod! ANd I mean keep up on a straight and curves!

I love the car and wish I could get it but I think Ford is really pushing it, maybe too far. These cars are no good just sitting in a collectors(since only they will afford it) garage. They need to be on the street and driven by your average human being. IF only collectors have it, the car is practically non-existent, since you will never see it from within the garage. GM and DODGE will jump on this, if it becomes a mistake, by making their challenger and camaro AS FAST, or FASTER, at half the price, therefore making those cars the TRUE AMERICAN MUSCLE! and then there go the mustang and ford.

KR sounds now to be more of an exotic vs a MUSCLE CAR. Making only 1000 means that those who can afford it and get it will put it in a bubble and never drive it bc its a COLLECTORS item and no longer car to be driven ever. We will have a better chance of seeing Vipers and Z06s, costing the same, and even Ferrari's because they are more CAR than collectors item. M2C

PS. I love it but Ford, make the right decision PLEASE!

Alex

Quick! Someone shoot down that birdy before word gets out! Go get 'em kitty. :hysterical2:

The Birdie is trying to keep up with GTorSSguy's train. She's flying fast after the tape job on the rear end blew off. It was a bit messy, but what can I say.

BTW I have a few different Birdies stopping by for featherlax and trading information. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

It's amazing what a box of featherlax can buy ya. :hysterical:

PS. I love it but Ford, make the right decision PLEASE!

The decision has been made. Case closed. :stop:

It is their new Halo car.

In 2 weeks....the other secret will be revealed. It however will not be cheap either, but some will be able to swing it.

The decision has been made. Case closed. :stop:

It is their new Halo car.

In 2 weeks....the other secret will be revealed. It however will not be cheap either, but some will be able to swing it.

I know they are making it. By decision, I am talking about price. Add some to the MSRP (10-15k) but is there no way to control the ADM? Cant Ford do something about that?

In regards to the other secret, do you know it already? PLEASE TELL ME. PM I WONT TELL!!!!!! Is it as big or bigger? Involve 07 or 08 GT500, answer in PM lol. Lips are sealed and PM will self destruct

I know they are making it. By decision, I am talking about price. Add some to the MSRP (10-15k) but is there no way to control the ADM? Cant Ford do something about that?

In regards to the other secret, do you know it already? PLEASE TELL ME. PM I WONT TELL!!!!!! Is it as big or bigger? Involve 07 or 08 GT500, answer in PM lol. Lips are sealed and PM will self destruct

I have to talk to my lawyer...HottyColdywateryHotroddy about that, and he is out buying his wife a KR right now. :hysterical:

I have to talk to my lawyer...HottyColdywateryHotroddy about that, and he is out buying his wife a KR right now. :hysterical:

You, my friend, are CRUEL!!! :hysterical:

One thing's for sure: The folks at Shelby and Ford are making it like Christmas around here for Gals & Guys like US!!!

:banvictory: :burnout: :cheerleader: :party2: :grouphug:

:stirpot:

Can't wait for New Year's Eve!!! ;)

Don't worry Master Grabber :hysterical2: That just sounds wrong & perverted doesn't it :finger:

I have PM'd the Paparazzi :camera: that keeps asking for featherlax insider information & told them legal action will be taken if they do not leave you alone. :ohsnap:

Don't worry Master Grabber :hysterical2: That just sounds wrong & perverted doesn't it :finger:

I have PM'd the Paparazzi :camera: that keeps asking for featherlax insider information & told them legal action will be taken if they do not leave you alone. :ohsnap:

:stats: I am hacking into your computer right now and Grabbers!!! :stats::stats::stats::stats::stats:

Cough it up! Otherwise, I will be forced to infect your computer with a GM or MOPAR virus!! :stats::stats::stats:

Archived