TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time for the winter tires

It was 43 degrees here today and I was glad I had swapped the winter tires Tuesday night after work These are 275/35/19 Bridgestone LM- 25 Blizzaks mounted on Ford Racing black Track Pack 19 *9 wheels ( M-1007-DC199B). The tires were close outs from Tire Rack last October at $135 each. I didn't have the car but I had my winter tires! These are shorter than the SVTPP tires but the price was right, otherwise I would have gone with a taller tire.

I don't drive the car in any kind of bad weather but I've never been a fan on all season tires in this part of the country (Boston MA). I'd rather have high performance summer and dedicated winter tires.

As an aside, I used one of these as a spare this summer, it fit perfect in the trunk well.

2588780590034057886MTWiQS_th.jpg

2743880510034057886qFSFEm_th.jpg

2152794120034057886zctvQi_th.jpg

2700531720034057886LBiXuD_th.jpg

Edited by Southshore cobra

It was 43 degrees here today and I was glad I had swapped the winter tires Tuesday night after work These are 275/35/19 Bridgestone LM- 25 Blizzaks mounted on Ford Racing black Track Pack 19 *9 wheels ( M-1007-DC199B). The tires were close outs from Tire Rack last October at $135 each. I didn't have the car but I had my winter tires! These are shorter than the SVTPP tires but the price was right, otherwise I would have gone with a taller tire.

I don't drive the car in any kind of bad weather but I've never been a fan on all season tires in this part of the country (Boston MA). I'd rather have high performance summer and dedicated winter tires.

As an aside, I used one of these as a spare this summer, it fit perfect in the trunk well.

I'm loving the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires I'm running right now for crappy weather. Awesome in the cold and rain. It was 32 deg on the way to work today. They won't hold full throttle in 1st or 2nd gears, but they corner and stop pretty good in the cold and wet.

Nice to able to use the car all year except when snow if forecasted.

I'm loving the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires I'm running right now for crappy weather. Awesome in the cold and rain. It was 32 deg on the way to work today. They won't hold full throttle in 1st or 2nd gears, but they corner and stop pretty good in the cold and wet.

Nice to able to use the car all year except when snow if forecasted.

Nice cold air and short tires can certainly be fun! I'm with you, I'd rather drive it when the roads are clean than see it parked for months.

Edited by Southshore cobra

I spent so much time wringing my hands during my first year of ownership over not wanting to deviate from the Ford's F-1 G: 2 selection, that after finally putting a set of UHP A/S tires on my GT500, I can only think how stupid I was, and how much enjoyment I'd robbed myself for an entire year.

I WISH I had found a close-out set of Winter tires - just to have for particularly cold, but clear days. But except for days that were exceptionally warm or track events when the F-1 G: 2s had a chance to warm-up through-and-through, getting those damned things off the car is the best possible thing I've done for it - increasing its driving enjoyment exponentially.

• 5 months later...